No announcement yet.

Destiny of Empires [Diplo Game] [Organization Thread]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good point, but in all honesty, you don't have to do much 'advertising'. Your stories speak for themselves, as does your diplomacy.

..... damn anglais ....

Comment

• (guess I would post this here??) I couldn't give Russia(wouldn't bring up the trade screen) or India(can't trade gold yet) their gold, but I will next chance I get.

Comment

• Welcome new Arabia!!

Just a tip on strategy and such, when discussing sensitive things like alliances and plans it is usually wise to do it in secret - in PMs. There is a certain strategy to diplomacy in the game. You want to tell a compelling story and role play well in the public forum, but sometimes sharing too much or being too honest in your public posts can hurt your in-game plans. There is certainly a time and a place for backroom dealings.

The trick is to be aware of what is appropriate to share with all and what is appropriate to keep quiet.
        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Originally posted by England (DoE) View Post
          I hate to be the first one to point out things about my stories, but... it may be useful for the voters to realize that not only did England have a lot of pretty awesome posts last month (with good photoshoping as well), but if you look at the posts by other players, like 12-13 of them had to do with England in some way. Whether Arthurton, or our explorations, or whathaveyou. So England is doing a good job of interacting with, inspiring (or annoying) our neighbors.
          Who/What/Where is England?

Comment

• You'll find out soon enough....

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
              Welcome new Arabia!!

Just a tip on strategy and such, when discussing sensitive things like alliances and plans it is usually wise to do it in secret - in PMs. There is a certain strategy to diplomacy in the game. You want to tell a compelling story and role play well in the public forum, but sometimes sharing too much or being too honest in your public posts can hurt your in-game plans. There is certainly a time and a place for backroom dealings.

The trick is to be aware of what is appropriate to share with all and what is appropriate to keep quiet.
              Hmm, I see what you mean. Next time I'll just send the letters in PMs. I guess I just felt that I might aswell keep it all out in the open. At the very least I should have put India's in a PM I think. Well live and learn.

I don't think I revealed much of my plans in those. Besides the want to be friendly with my neighbors, and the want to make Arabia better, but that would have been obvious anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by France (DoE) View Post
                Good point, but in all honesty, you don't have to do much 'advertising'. Your stories speak for themselves, as does your diplomacy.

..... damn anglais ....

5 points to England:

minus 1 for ego

minus 1 for stories too good and too long

minus 1 for tier 1 intimidating new players

minus 1 for being Damnanglias!!

hmm... 1 point, sounds fair!!

JJ
                The question of whether modern humans and Neanderthals mated when they encountered each other 40,000 years ago is highly controversial.

Comment

• I am requesting a pause, until this issue is settled, or at least clear. I feel that there will be the need for a reload and there is no point in people playing their turns and then having to do it again.

Also, I am asking kindly Mongolia to come and discuss peace. This issue have to be settled one or another way before we can continue.

Comment

• Oh, not again- if it is going to be like the Neandor/Venetia case, it may be painful.
                    http://datingsidorsingel.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by Russia (DoE) View Post
                      I am requesting a pause, until this issue is settled, or at least clear. I feel that there will be the need for a reload and there is no point in people playing their turns and then having to do it again.

Also, I am asking kindly Mongolia to come and discuss peace. This issue have to be settled one or another way before we can continue.
                      Why a reload? Has a rule been broken?

OR are you going to NOT take Beshbalik?

I really don't like the Time Machine Wonder but would love the Mongols to be given a fair go.
                      The question of whether modern humans and Neanderthals mated when they encountered each other 40,000 years ago is highly controversial.

Comment

• Anyway... I've got am important sermon coming up tomorrow... ooopS!!

Comment

• For in-character conflicts I do not think that a pause or a reload is acceptable.
                          I made a save for the case that your pc would crash.

time is moving on, that sucks, but that's a part of life.... in character life.
                          Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                          Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Language Points Awarded: [Germany]

Before
                            Capacas: 0 pts
                            Manchas: 0 pts
                            Talchas: 0 pts
                            Gaucanas: 0 pts

Now
                            Capacas: 3 pts
                            Manchas: 0 pts
                            Talchas: 0 pts
                            Gaucanas: 0 pts

The Numbers:
                            15 sentence communication / 3 * 1pt /2 (excom ship) = 2.5, rounded = 3pts
                            Language: Capacas

Capabilities:

Talchas:
                            1-letter words
                            Simple tense verbs
                            Originally posted by England (DoE) View Post
                            Remember also we have had open borders for a while now. That gives language points too, right?
                            Yes. Our scout connected with one of your cities/trade routes about two turns ago. This is the point where the timer starts. I think you'll be at five letter words and continuous tenses when I update yours next, which is fairly fluent. More fluent than our ancient neighbors, actually For the open borders, you will be awarded language points in the language of any city that trades with one of yours and the closest city(s) to your(s).

Note: the person you talk to can also only understand the level of language you can understand.

Comment

• The game has been paused to deal with the Mongolia/Russia situation.

I don't hope that Russia decided to not hold the city b/c he wasn't allowed to b/c of 'unmeasured war'. That would not be the case.
                              IMHO does Mongolia have every right to be unreasonable hatred and refuse any peace.
                              I understood from Russia that Japan is not a factual part in this game.
                              Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                              Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• I don't hope that Russia decided to not hold the city b/c he wasn't allowed to b/c of 'unmeasured war'. That would not be the case.
                                There is only one reason why Russia razed Beshbalik, that was because my reinforcements were guaranteed to recapture it next turn, all but one badly weakened unit died in the assault on the city. Now he wants as part of a peace agreement the resurrection of Beshbalik under Russian control, this request really seems outside the spirit of the game and unreasonable since I have resecured the terrain around the city, with the killing of his remaining troops there. Razing a city deliberately, then asking for its resurrection under their control, surely that is not the way this game should be played. Seems to be a tactic to force a quick peace agreemnet rather than playing in the rules of the game. Consequently I cannot accept any offer that includes Beshballik, I will rebuild a city there.

Comment

Working...
                                X