No announcement yet.

Destiny of Empires [Diplo Game] [Organization Thread]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As I said before, the sub will do what the sub will do. Im not sure how we know exactly how long Arabia has been away, but it seems to me that I just recently saw some unit action by him. Maybe I am wrong. Anyway maybe the courthouses were placed in the building queue, because Israel has huge espionage from the great wall and is running monster size espy against its neighbors. Perhaps Arabia is trying to even it up a little. Or maybe Arabia has a long term espionage strategy and needs to start running a bunch of spies to implement it. Anyway Incans have exposed this to satisfy the curiosity of Arabia and Russians enemies, because they feign outrage that Arabs sub might god-forbid keep doing what Arabs were doing, ie support Russia.

To me it would be better for subs to just play as they will, answer no questions allay no fears, address no suspicions, because as I have said, there is no "fairness", only my interests versus someone else's. Why is Neandor any more entitled to an explanation of Russian Arabian trades than Turks are of Neandor-Israeli trades? Can I discontine the commercial relationship between Neandor and Israel because I feel its not "fair" to me? I'm sure England feels its "unfair" that a nation without Astronomy keeps showing up with Ships of The Line. Just let the sub play without all this accusations and innuendo. If Incans wants to take and run the civ their way then so be it.

I get it, Russia is in the lead, so we want to disadvantage Russia in some meta-game way. But consider that Turkey is at the bottom and losing Arab support hurts us too, because Russia is our friend. Why hurt Turks for the benefit of civs who are all way ahead of Turkey? Is that "fair"? What is "fair?"

The bottom line is that this game is supposed to be about telling stories about the "destiny of empires" not how much money Russia gets and if that's "fair" because it disadvantages somebody else. Someone who is worried about that is too focused on the simple MP goal of winning. If you focus on storytelling, you would not even worry about stuff like that.

So all of you taking time to argue about who should control Arabia... when was the last time you made a good story post? Why don't we start directing more energy there.
    Mexico Emerges as a New Player on the International Stage - Mexico City Times

Comment

• is the game down? can't connect.

Comment

• @Ottomans / @Russia: the sub doesn't need to be neutral, the sub should just continue to follow the path the civ was taking anyway.
        But by letting the civ be played by a player who's not involved, the civ stays independent.

So what the Inca should do now is just continue to do what Arabia is doing, but also doing what is best for Arabia. Just like the normal Arab player would be doing.
        Formerly known as "CyberShy"
        Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• I'm going to reload using the Mali login b/c if I use the last Arab login then there's only 4 minutes on the clock. The Neandor login has been overridden by Neandor's login in the new turn so the Mali login is the best one.

That means that the following re-logins are undone:
          - Neandor
          - Mali
          - Arabia

Please play your last login again. (All 3 of you had a first login earlier in the turn but logged in again later)

Comment

• Game's up, 3,5 hours on the clock.

Comment

• Seems to me both "fronts" of this little European affair are fairly even in strength, and that's with Neander on the sidelines (even if supporting of one side). Not sure anyone can claim the current situation "imbalanced" with a straight face, even if at present the Israelis are finding themselves (controversially) "ganged up on". That's what happens when one makes one's civ a proxy battlefield for a Great Powers war... Perhaps Israel should have considered neutrality and non-military borders if it desired to remain fully intact throughout its history. Certainly, I would have much more sympathy (IC and OOC) had they not so directly involved themselves in these affairs.

Not sure the "shoah" is appropriate, given that the RL Jews didn't actually backstab the Nazis by destroying 20 divisions in a major defeat before their slaughter... perhaps a more militaristic analogy best serves the propaganda? I know which I'd pick, but it wouldn't work for propaganda.
              Last edited by Inca (DoE); May 26, 2011, 12:30. Reason: I'm listening to Ghosts of the Ostfront...

Comment

• I ended my turn and hit EoT while not realizing that I am the last to play, so the turn rolled.

Comment

• Originally posted by Inca (DoE) View Post

Not sure the "shoah" is appropriate, .....
                  But the 'shoah' must go on!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ottoman Empire (DoE) View Post
                    As I said before, the sub will do what the sub will do. .................... What is "fair?"

The bottom line is that this game is supposed to be about telling stories about the "destiny of empires" not how much money Russia gets and if that's "fair" because it disadvantages somebody else. Someone who is worried about that is too focused on the simple MP goal of winning. If you focus on storytelling, you would not even worry about stuff like that.

So all of you taking time to argue about who should control Arabia... when was the last time you made a good story post? Why don't we start directing more energy there.
                    Right on, as usual, Mr Ottoman!

Comment

• Reloading from Mali's login b/c Germany didn't had a chance to replay his last login. No confirmation if it's important, so let's not take the gamble and wait for Germany.

So: Russia, please replay your turn, don't end it

Comment

• Thanks Russia.

1,5 hour on the clock, knowing Neandor a bit he's not going to play in the next few hours so I made a server-side pause.
                        I'll ask the Neandor player to let me know when he's ready to play so that I can unpause.

I have also extended the turn timer to 28 hours to avoid more situations like this.
                        Thanks all for staying calm

Also thanks for keeping the ooc discussions sane and calm.

Comment

• Thanks for the reload and thanks for the longer timer, RP. Great host to his finest extent

Ah, and one idea - the new layout of Apolyton is great, but I would find really useful and handy to have emoticon button on the quick reply bar. I dont know if it is possible, but I am missing it quite often

Comment

• Hey, I am here but can not get in. I have PM'd RP.
                            The question of whether modern humans and Neanderthals mated when they encountered each other 40,000 years ago is highly controversial.

Comment

• Originally posted by Germany (DoE) View Post
                              Hey, I am here but can not get in. I have PM'd RP.
                              Neanderthal's and computers! An unholy alliance at the best of times!

Comment

• I think the game is still paused but no need to wait on my account as I have played my turn. I may be around a bit but then... oh, I am so tired!
                                The question of whether modern humans and Neanderthals mated when they encountered each other 40,000 years ago is highly controversial.

Comment

Working...
                                X