No announcement yet.

Destiny of Empires [Diplo Game] [Organization Thread]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When France's PM's me that he's ready to play his turn.
    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• The game was unpaused and the turn switched, without France playing. I have reloaded therefore.

France: please PM me when you're ready to play your turn.

Comment

• Hi folks. Sorry about that. Just back in from out of town and sitting down at my PC now. I did take a laptop with me, but the major hotel we stayed in charged an arm and a leg for internet (unbelievable) and furthermore, their internet was down (equally unbelievable).

My apologies for the hold up and my contribution to the schmozzle (another Rabbi Goan word).

I am here for the rest of the day, so if the game is still paused on my account, then please, start it up.

(pm'ing Robert)

And yes - I was stuck on a diplo screen. I was not aware of that hiccup.

(My Mom had a good time in the big city and we enjoyed the show. )

Comment

• Unpaused he game.
          Staring at the screen now, waiting for France to login, so that I can return to bed

Comment

• I'm going back to bed. 50 minutes on the clock. If France fails to play I'll just reload

Comment

• Sleep well Robert. Playing now. Many thanks!

Comment

• Ah, good to have the world back in order

Comment

• Indeed!

Played with 4 minutes to spare on the turn clock.

Comment

• Hooray France ! Vive La France... no wait!... I mean er, um... Death to France!

OK France, we havent had a story out of you for a while... let's see what you got
                    Mexico Emerges as a New Player on the International Stage - Mexico City Times

Comment

• Originally posted by Ottoman Empire (DoE) View Post
                      Hooray France ! Vive La France... no wait!... I mean er, um... Death to France!

OK France, we havent had a story out of you for a while... let's see what you got
                      Ya. I know.

Hectic last week. I am working on some stuff though.

Comment

• excuseé moi, kud we pliz 'old up the entire world while france goes to le bathroom?
                        typical french

Comment

• In France's defence, someone locked the door!

Comment

• People: please don't forget to vote!!!
                            Today's the last day.

Originally posted by Robert Plomp View Post
                            Time to Vote!
                            We vote for the happenings of this thread: Story Thread 7 (April)

You can vote right here (please read instructions below first)

Voting ENDS May 9th end of the day

1. go to the site
                            2. click your civilization name
                            3. fill out the password you once selected in the civ-picker (the original password of your DoE account at Apolyton)
                            4. Vote!

You have to award EXACTLY 20 points in both categories or you can't submit.
                            You can give comments to every individual civ.

This is what the rules say about voting:

After every month all players are invited to vote on the stories and role playing of all players.
                            Using a special web application a total of 20 'points' can be assigned, with a max of 5 points per player.

The 2 categories:
                            - Story Telling
                            Story telling is about how a player tells the story of his civilization and how he communicates with other leaders. How he handles his characters, shows the relation between story and in-game actions, explains the behaviour hof his civ, includes graphics and images, is able to entertain it's readers, etc.

A great part of the fun of a diplo game is the creation of an amazing story thread. This contains everything from national epics to diplomacy, newspaper articles to lies, text, screenshots and images. A player gets votes for storytelling for their contribution to the story thread. There are no rules as to what marks out a good contribution - we all have different tastes - what is too much detail for one person, may be exactly what another person values, some people will give more votes to one brilliant piece than to someone who produces lots of mediocre material, someone else will value quantity more. When voting its simple - give people votes if you personally enjoy their contributions.

- Role Playing
                            Role Playing is about how the in-game actions and the tone of his messages reflect the role of the player. Is the fascist dictator really playing as a fascist? Does it make sence that the fanatic orthodox jewish leader has an alliance with the fanatic orthodox buddhist leader? Is the peaceful friendly leader really friendly and peaceful to his neighbours? In short: do the actions of a player compare to the story role he assigned to himself.

The definition of a diplo game is "A Diplomacy Game is a game in which all players lead their civilization as if they're leading a real nation". Under 'role-playing' people are given votes for the degree to which they do this. Is there a consistency and belieability about the actions of that civ - its in-game actions, its diplomacy, what it says about itself. What nature a civ has is up to the player to decide and to evolve as the game progresses - but they get votes for the believability and consistency of this, and the interest it gives to the game. If you act as if you are 'playing a game', you won't get many votes; but if you can give the rest of us the impression your nation actually exists, you deserve to get lots.
                            -----------

Per month all points a player receives in both categories will be calculated.
                            Based on this a score list will be created per category.
                            The #1 on that score list will receive X scorepoints. (X = the number of civs in the game). The #2 will receive X-1, etc.

The rest of the score-explanation only uses examples to get the point through, but is too much to place here. Read it in the first post of this thread.
                            This all comes down to the following:

Based on the scorepoints everybody received in a month, a ranking can be made for that month, per category.
                            The #1 on that ranking receives 18 gamepoints, the #2 17 gamepoints, the #3 16 gamepoints, ..... the #18 gets 1 gamepoint.
                            The sum of all gamepoints for both categories for all months determines the winner.

Good luck!

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Plomp View Post
                              In France's defence, someone locked the door!

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Plomp View Post
                                People: please don't forget to vote!!!
                                Today's the last day.
                                10 of 18 still to vote!

Arabs, Aztecs, China, England, Inca, India, Japan, Mongolia, Vikings, Zulu.

Comment

Working...
                                X