Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Holy Empire of Britannia would like to invite all who wish to the Academy of Science in Pendragon.

The civ formerly known as The Holy Empire of Britannia/dutch

Comment

Council of the Ice Sea

My friends, rulers of the Mali, the Egyptians and Britannia,

I have drawn up a draft treaty establishing the Councli of the Ice Sea. Perhaps you could indicate your approval, or changes you think should be made. As you will see it is not a military organisation, nor one which makes binding decisiosn, but an organisation for friendship and collaboration.

We need to elect a chair. I propose the William of Britannia becomes the first chair - he has indicated his willingness.

Theodosius

Council of the Ice Sea

Aim:

The aim of the council of the Ice Sea is to facilitate the peaceful spread of civilisation throughout the land of the Ice Sea.

Territory:

The Ice Sea is the name given to the sea north of the Byzantine and Egyptian coasts. The Land of the Ice Sea is the name given to the Islands large and small within the Ice Sea, and the areas dominated by tundra and ice in the surrounding lands.

Members:

The first four members of the Council of the Ice Sea are: The Mali, The Eyptians, The Byzantines and Britannia. Other civilisations may apply for membership if they have a demonstrable connection with the Ice Sea.

Chair:

The Council shall elect one of its members as its Chair for a term of 50 periods.

Duties:

Members of the Council shall:

1. Do all in their power to destroy pirates and barbarians within the Ice Sea and the Lands of the Ice Sea.
      2. Seek to work collaboratively with other members in spreading civilisation within the Lands of the Ice Sea, so that such spread is peaceful rather than competitive.
      3. Give due weight to the statements of the Chair of the Ice Council, on matters regarding the Council, the Ice Sea and the Lands of the Ice Sea.
      4. Depart from a decision of the Council of the Ice Sea only in extreme circumstances, after serious thought, and explaining to the Council the reason.

Decisions:

All decisions within the Ice Council (whether on a particlar matter or the election of the Chair) are made by voting, in which all nations have equal votes, and a simple majority of votes is required.
      Βασιλεύς Βασιλέων Βασιλεύων Βασιλευόντων

Comment

Ka walked through the hall of remembrence . Here articles from all of the Korean history lay on display tables or was pinned to walls. From the first brick made to build the first hut in the first settlement right thorugh to the first Axe supplied to the Army.

Here was the writings of the lost expedition to the mainland. They had not been heard of since entering Arab lands centuries ago. But their diaries had been found and sent home.

Over here was relics from the ancient hall of governors. the old way of ruling the nation.

Further along the hall ws more interesting stuff.

But today Ka carried with him the first official religous symbol

The Koreans now had there Deity. There own god.

Tao was the the only one.

Comment

Massasoit called for a Native American Pow Wow. We have things to talk about, he said.

So word (via smokemail) went out to all the Native American tribes to come together for a Pow Wow in Cahokia. The tribes were not concerned because the Pow Wow was a great occasion to get together for dances, drumming and food and of course meeting new people and sharing peace pipes. In truth most natives looked forward to the Pow Wow.

Powhatan, Massasoit’s son, organised the event and arranged special areas for the teepees for the natives from the Arrohatechs, Appamattucks, Pamunheys, Mattaponis and Chiskiack and Chitmacha tribes and for all those horses and ponies. These designated camp areas spread out as the dancers with their buckskin and bead and feather costumes, the drummers with their sacred drums and the cooks with the corn and bison meat, set out their stalls..

Massasoit was keen to show off his very holy shaman training place, but it wasn’t yet completed.

On the day of the Pow Wow, Massasoit and Powhatan, led the grand entry of chiefs: including Hiawatha and Skenandoah, into the arena, literally with a drum roll. Not many noticed the girl Pocahontas, sneak in to watch her father, Powhatan, who was controlling the order of events.

She was most excited by the dancers, with their eagle feathers and beads dance in the Circle of Life and the ‘circle of fire’.

But Pocahontas was not the only one to attract attention. Word spread that princess Noccalula was attending the Pow Wow in disguise.

Well that got the braves going.
          I have seen that in any great undertaking it is not enough for a man to depend simply upon himself.

Lone Man (Isna-la-wica)(Teton Sioux)

Comment

It was three days after the week before: the Pow Wow had been a great success socially and culturally and more.

Massasoit called the chiefs together.

’We have listened to the adventures of Lone Horn (the son of sons of sons of sons) and of the lands and peoples and their beliefs, they had encountered.

From this knowledge it has become clear, that our Native American view of the world and of the after life, should change.

We have met Shamans from the north. They speak of chi, breath control and the twin aspects of reality: Life and Death, and attaining Immortality. Also our friends the Taos Indians gave their support to this belief’.

But some, amongst the chiefs and braves, were not convinced.
            I have seen that in any great undertaking it is not enough for a man to depend simply upon himself.

Comment

The Chitimacha tribe, in the south west, had picked up from traders, about a large happy person centred religion, a Budda, so called.

In the north the natives in Mesa Verde reacted to the bad treatment of slaves in that city.

There was a heavy payment made

Comment

Alexander stood at the shoreline of Orleans watching his men on the opposite shore. In the distance near the Russian colony he saw large storm clouds forming just outside the colony and heading straight for Orleans. The once calm water swelled up forming large waves that punished the shore. The sky grew so dark is blocked out the sun turning day to night, rumbling sounds like that of the hungry belly of a beast shook the very earth, finally the sky flashed as lightning as if a battle was raging in the clouds them selves. The storm raged on throughout the night and as Alexander slept his brother came to him.

"Alex," said William, "Alex, don't be sad. Please help Michael carry on my work. Guide him as I have you. Protect our people and the innocent civilians of both Rhodes and the Russian colony. I will wait for you at the gates of heaven where our mother and father now await our arrival. Good bye my brother."

Alexander woke up to the sound of knocking on his door. He answered it and a messenger handed him a letter. He opened it and read it, William Zi Britannia had passed away early that day. Alexander fell to his knees with tears flowing down his face. His dream was still in his mind and as he tried to gather himself he made a promise to do as his brother wanted.

The funeral passed and the next day William's 13yr old son Michael Vi Britannia was crowned as the 2nd Emperor of The Holy Empire of Britannia.
                The civ formerly known as The Holy Empire of Britannia/dutch

Comment

Michael Vi Britannia,

The people of Byzantium are grieved to hear of the death of your father. He was truly a great man, the first Emperor of the Holy Empire of Britannia.

I acknowledge you as your father's successor - the second Emperor. May your reign be prosperous and the friendship between our nations continue to flourish.

Theodosius
                  Βασιλεύς Βασιλέων Βασιλεύων Βασιλευόντων

Comment

English maceman rushing to aid the Arabians.

Comment

Bicentenial celbration of founding of the unite Korea

The Holy Bell of Korea was forged to mark this occasion,

The great Wang ka himself jerked the rope the first time.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Mecca Weekly - Giant Barbarians Slaughtered

4 of the five regiments of barbarbarian axe giants fell attacking Narjan. No Arabarians were lost however runners report that our neighbouring ally Greece lost a contingent of archers who were slain by a sly axeman who feigned death and rallied others to surround the Greek archers. Saladin is still enroute to deal with the last remaining barb unit and asks that all Arabia remember the fallen Greek archers at 11 am today. All other nations that heeded our call may partake in the hopefully soon victory celebrations or return to their own lands.

Comment

For many years, the priests of the temple of Tao-temis watched the sun and stars taking detailed notes about the position of each in the sky. After several years it was discovered that the position of the sun and stars in the sky followed a cycle which lasted approximately 365 days. Using this information, the farmers were better prepared in planting and harvesting their crops.

Noting the position of the stars in the night sky would also help ship captains find their way around the sea. This was very important as a navy must be assembled quickly to deal with the pirates which have been destroying fisherman boars over the past few years.

Comment

Catherine the Mighty Mistress of Russia,

Our Glorious Leader has asked that I communicate this to you.

He has seen, and long studied, the paintings of you that have come to Quechua lands and is fair transfixed by your beauty. Although he acceded to the Throne of Tawantin Suyu at only twelve he is now mighty in the prime of his manhood. His sisters and other close relatives no longer satisfy him and he hungers for another wife who will bear him fine sons.

I am commanded to invite you to Cuzco so that he might assay you in the flesh. If you please him the honours that might await you know no bounds for he is indeed mighty in many ways.

You may bring your ministers, if you wish, and they may discuss the tedious politics of our troubled world with the High Council whilst you may bask in the joy of his companionship.

Itya Wanapi,
                            Apos, High Council of Tawantin Suyu
                            Suwasqa wasi hina simiyoq

Comment

To Itya Wanapi

I fear it is too late for me to take another husband. My time on this world is short and soon I will return to the underworld to be with Hastog.

My daughter is in her prime age, but she has been bethrothed to the Ottoman Prince, Pavel Murad-ib. Once he fulfills his quest, they are to be married. It is doubtful she will soon have the time to sail to faraway lands after that, as Russia is a nation that needs strong leadership in the time to come.

I would of course be happy to send my ministers to your lands to share knowledge and build friendship.

Catherine
                              Bare derutsya — u kholopov chuby treschat.
                              The Russian Dynasty:
                              Samo the Headbanded
                              Catherine the Progenitor
                              Dominika Ekatarinova
                              (Konya the Lost)
                              Igor Exilaskaya

Comment

Hello King Sanjaya,

My name is Exeter, new king of England. I have noticed that my kindgom and yours have closed borders. Well I would like to offer you open borders so that your scouts can travel back safely to their homes, trade can florish and finally that you can send our way your teachers of religion. If you can convert enough cities to your religion, I will consider making it the official religon of England.

Exeter

Comment

Working...
                                X