This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A challenge to the lies of Byzantium

This goes out to all people and their leaders. Byzantium has settled a city upon the land of Thule, the continent of the Hastogian peoples. This is land that Britannia and Russia agreed to divide amongst themselves for fair payment. Now a third party has without question or discussion settled upon that land, a land destined for Russian population. There can only be one response. Remove the settlement. Byzantium has refused to do so. They have a history of taking lands regardless of treaties or other's wishes. They have a history of rampant expansionism. They are a mighty empire, stretching from near to far. Byzantium is the soaring eagle.

Who is Russia? Russia is a minor nation. A people living under constant fear and threat from neighbours. A nation hemmed and barred by aggression and disrespected treaties. A people who are so closely settled that the night fires of one city can be seen in another. A people desperate for land. By treaty and payment, land was demarcated between Russia and Britannia. The only land left for the surrounded Russian people. Now claimed by a vast empire. Russia, a bear in a den, sleeping, harmless, now awakened.

Let it be known in all lands, that Russia cannot accept the loss of any more lands. We challenge the greatest empire, but if we do not, then we are forever bound to a pitiful existence. Yet we are not afraid. The Byzantines do not respect us or our wishes, nor the lawful demarcation of lands. Nor do they accept that the continent of Thule belongs solely to its native people. They persist in their expansionism, we have no choice but to fight for what is ours. Others may shy from conflict, but we cannot. We have no other choice. To Byzantium these lands are frozen wastes. To us it is the only hope of a better future. So grim is the Russian situation, that we will fight for what others consider trash. But we will fight. And we will fight well. Hastog's doom is with us. He may doom us, or he may doom our enemies, but doom is fast approaching, and we are ready for it.

Dominika
    Bare derutsya — u kholopov chuby treschat.
    The Russian Dynasty:
    Samo the Headbanded
    Catherine the Progenitor
    Dominika Ekatarinova
    (Konya the Lost)
    Igor Exilaskaya

Comment

The Great Wang Ka sat and listened again to his advisors telling him of the world news.

Still no missionays came from anywhere to help spread the truth.

The Indians and the Persians were now sitting back and watching the next layer of natons fight it out for the crums left over.

It ws all too late. No one had heeded the early warnings and done anything, but no rumblings of wars. Conspiracies arose. But not one was aimed at the world juffernauts, no it was all aimed at those aspiring to be a juggernaut too.

Ka was glad his nation was no focusing on new ways. But still knew that an army would be needed to protect the Korean people.

He was not like previosu Wang Kas, he would do what had to be done.

He told his scribes to leave and wrote a personal note to the tribes around Korea.

Comment

"What do you make of it?" Theodosius asked his advisors "this public denounciation of us by Dominika"

"There are interesting features, Lord, though not necessarily much hope."

"Features?"

"Yes, Lord.

1. It comes from Dominika, while the ruler of Russia is Catherine. Just as your extensive diplomacy to solve the problem has gone to Catherine but the one-line war responses have come back from Dominika. Something strange is going on in the ruling family of Russia.

2. As you might expect they talk of Byzantine lies, but can't actually mention a single one. They acutally confirm that everything we say it true.

3. Overall they are trying to portray themselves as a David against and aggressive Goliath. All this talk of Byzantium as 'the greatest Empire' ignoring the truth of this world with its true power lying with the Indians, English and Persians.

4. Regarding the land itself they are trying their best to cover up that we have done nothing wrong. For example, they say "The Byzantines do not respect us or our wishes, nor the lawful demarcation of lands" when in fact they have never discussed their wishes or land with us, as you know we have tried extensive diplomacy but they won't talk, and by 'lawful demarcation' they mean something they have discussed with one of their neighbours, never told their other neighbours, but we are somehow meant to know about.

5. They ignore completely the truth that this land supposedly 'destined' for them (destined by whom?) they have actually turned into a breading ground for barbarians and pirates which of course makes no difference to them because Russia is many hundreds if not thousands of miles away. It is a nightmare for those actually close to the land in question - the Britannia and the Byzantines who are actually having to fight the barbarians."

"And what of all this about cities packed in so close they can see the firelight. They have no cities anywhere close to Rhodes. Is it just lies?"

"Perhaps. It is certainly gives an impression that Rhodes is close to Russia and squashing it, which is utter rubbish. However there is probably more. Look at what they say:

A people living under constant fear and threat from neighbours. A nation hemmed and barred by aggression and disrespected treaties. A people who are so closely settled that the night fires of one city can be seen in another.

This is not about Rhodes, it is about Persia. It is about the tyranny under which the nations surrounding Persia live. Living under fear and threat - there is certainly no fear or threat from us, we have always only had good relations with Russia. Aggression - we have caused no aggression but the Persians dominate by force. Disrepected treaties? We keep every treaty to the letter. Night fires - people have to travel for three or four periods from Rhodes before they can even see the borders of another civilisation other than Byzantium - yet it is true that thousands of miles away on the borders of Persia there is great tension - after all we have all see that played out between the Ottomans and the Persians recently.

"So we should feel sorry for them?"

"Yes, Lord. Which is why we have tried to open diplomacy to find solutions which are good for Russia, and why we have establishes the Ice Council precisely to ensure that the lands aroudn the Ice Sea are distributed fairly."

"But?"

"But if all they do it say - hand over a Byzantine city or we will invade - you can do nothing my Lord but resist"

Theodosius thought long and hard.

"My decision is clear. Continue every effort of diplomacy. The Russian deserve our help and pity, they have clearly suffered much abuse in the past. But issue orders to Leonidas the governor of Rhodes that he has freedom to defend Rhodes. If a Russian army approaches it, he is to destroy it."

"And is that it, do we allow people to attack us and we just defend?"

"Let us take one thing at a time. We want diplomacy to prevail here. Let us leave the consequences of war for those who invade us to another time."
        Βασιλεύς Βασιλέων Βασιλεύων Βασιλευόντων

Comment

Theodosius of Byzantium and Catherine of Russia,

from the Shrine for Hastog in Hastogsburg I write this message to you.
          Hastog wants me to mediate between the both of you.

Theodosius, what are your terms for leaving Hascon, also known as Thule?
          Catherine, what are you willing to pay to Theodosius?

Answer quickly, my armies are already marching towards Zembla.
          If the both of you can't make an agreement I will take it and keep it for Persia to avoid further conflicts. For the sake of peace Persia will then settle the entire area of Zembla and the lands north of it.

Guru Ahm'Az
          Force is always beside the point when subtlety will serve
          <a href = "http://apolyton.net/forums/showpost.php?p=5759340&postcount=49">Darius order to kill Oroetes</a></p>

Comment

The Great Wang Ka looked at the tray on his desk in his office, it was empty. Not a single solitary return .

The Rulers of this world had gone made he realised.

He sent messangers to his aides.

Perhpas more Winging and Mohning were needed.

Then a scribe arrived

"sire news from Britania, they wish to open trade discussions with us."

After centuries of beign cutoff now they wanted to talk thought Ka, well this could be good news.

"Tell our trade negotiators to start bargaining."

With that he went back to bed.

Comment

William stepped into the council room where his advisors and leaders of the many
              different Britannian religions awaited him. He stood in the middle of the room and looked
              around at the many faces surrounding him. In their faces he saw fear, pride, and
              bloodlust. He began to speak, “Gentlemen, I have come to a decision on the current
              situation between Russia and the Byzantine Empire. Britannia will help neither side in this
              conflict.” The room was in an uproar. The followers of the fallen stood up in anger while
              the majority who were all believers in the one god sat back in relief. William tried to
              regain order, “ I’m sorry my friends but the Byzantines have done nothing to use and
              when we released our claim to that land to Russia the problem of that land, and mistake
              me not for that land has been the biggest plight on our people since we began fighting
              the barbarians, now falls upon Russia. Now I understand as followers of the fallen you
              wish to go to the Russian aid and to be fair you will be free to do so, but you will not
              have the backing or weapons of Britannia. If death is what you wish then go to Russia
              and join their forces.”

The guru of the fallen faith stood up and left with a small handful of men. William turned
              back to the council, “Worry not about them Alexander is monitoring the situation and will
              save as many souls as he can.”

William then took a seat as the others spoke about the other news from around the
              empire. He was told of the completion of Williamsport and St. Luis. New York would be
              finished today and in four days Orleans would also be built. The domestic advisor
              requested three more settlers to be built to finish The Empires growth on the continent
              and securing the north from barbarian invaders. William approved and told the governors
              of St. Luis, St. Britannia, and Williamsport to build the settlers as soon as possible.

Alexander’s second requested a large force of War Elephants, Catapults, and workers to
              be dispatched. William accepted his request as well and told the governors of Pendragon
              and Las Noches to build the War Elephants, catapults, and workers requested. William
              told the governor of Port Alexander to continue working on the fleet to patrol and defend
              the seas from barbarians. Lastly he told his trade advisors to continue trade talks with
              Korea. William adjourned the meeting and they theft to do as William ordered.
              The civ formerly known as The Holy Empire of Britannia/dutch

Comment

Our armies are ready to march lady Dominika. Will you give the order?

-Not just yet. We can take the city, but there may be troops in reserve on ships or on the eastern areas. I want to have more Byzantines on Thule before we commit ourselves.

But my princess, the more time we give them, the harder it will be to conquer the city.

-Worry not my dear general. There are things in motion here that you do not know, I have stated my clear and unequivocal demands. Not negotiable. The Byzantine's wish to negotiate. They do not understand. None of them do. This land is ours and we will show the Byzantine empire that we will not back down. They may believe our claims to be unjust. We care not, heathens may not set foot upon Thule, and none may settle upon lands belonging to Russia.

I will address the troops now.

Russians! Slavs! Brothers! Today we will show the world that Russia has risen from the ashes to greatness! We are no longer a defenceless people, we will not suffer injustices or usurpations! Today we shall march to the east. There, the city of Rhodos awaits our judgment. Byzantines have no place on Thule, and we will teach them this. No foreign nation will dominate Russia ever again! Our freedom is won here! Russia prevails!
                Bare derutsya — u kholopov chuby treschat.
                The Russian Dynasty:
                Samo the Headbanded
                Catherine the Progenitor
                Dominika Ekatarinova
                (Konya the Lost)
                Igor Exilaskaya

Comment

Rhodes

My friends, allies and fellow rulers,

I note with sadness Russia's declaration that while the Byzantines wish to negotiate, they the Russians will not any form of negotiation, mediation or diplomacy. Russia has made its foolish choice.

For the sake of my friends who are distant from the Ice Sea, and wonder about the territory, I attach a map drawn up by my cartographers, so you might be better informed. Note the proximity of Rhodes to the rest of Byzantine land, and the distance from any other settlements.

Theodosius.
                  Βασιλεύς Βασιλέων Βασιλεύων Βασιλευόντων

Comment

it is so top secret up there that city size and productuion have been hidden....

does it make that much of a differnce ...
                    GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Theodosius my Red Cross brother,

Based on the map you have shown us, I feel that your settlement is legal.

How many days travel is the closest Russian settlement?

Clandint

Comment

There is a massive barbarian uprising occuring in Arabian lands. England, Greece, Byzantium, please help me assist Arabia against this horde by sending support armies to the west of the Roman city of Transterminus, lest these wild men start pillaging Arabian lands, taking Arabian cities and raping Arabian women!
                        Sic Vincit Gloria Mundi

Comment

Roman friends,

England will answer your call....

Comment

Originally posted by Rome (DoC) View Post
                            There is a massive barbarian uprising occuring in Arabian lands. England, Greece, Byzantium, please help me assist Arabia against this horde by sending support armies to the west of the Roman city of Transterminus, lest these wild men start pillaging Arabian lands, taking Arabian cities and raping Arabian women!
                            Yestig'Az, Ontisy'Az, Jeron'Az, Kaspar'Az, Khursh'Az and Astyag'Az, the Deamons of Byzantium, England, Rome, Greece, Arabia and Egypt, teamed up together.

The nations of the black continent dared to invade Hascon!
                            Now Hastog has sent his finest deamons against the nations of
                            the Black Continent.

This barbarian uprising is only the beginning.
                            All nations of the Black Continent are advised to
                            not turn against the Hascon continent!
                            Force is always beside the point when subtlety will serve
                            <a href = "http://apolyton.net/forums/showpost.php?p=5759340&postcount=49">Darius order to kill Oroetes</a></p>

Comment

Originally posted by Persia (DoC) View Post
                              Yestig'Az, Ontisy'Az, Jeron'Az, Kaspar'Az, Khursh'Az and Astyag'Az, the Deamons of Byzantium, England, Rome, Greece, Arabia and Egypt, teamed up together.

The nations of the black continent dared to invade Hascon!
                              Now Hastog has sent his finest deamons against the nations of
                              the Black Continent.

This barbarian uprising is only the beginning.
                              All nations of the Black Continent are advised to
                              not turn against the Hascon continent!
                              yours is not a very supporting civilization, is it?
                              Sic Vincit Gloria Mundi

Comment

Romans we ask that you build some roads towards the Arabian borders so our troops can move faster.

We will send our finest troops to put down this barbarians once and for all.

England has the biggest army in the world!

Comment

Working...
                                X