The Dance of Civilizations [Diplo Game] [Organization Thread Pt1]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a suggestion.
    I think we should make the game more balanced by helping those civs who are not doing very well for whatever reason (bad start, less experience in civ etc). The idea is to give them vouchers based on ingame score position.

I think the system should work like this:
    At the end of every month each civ get some points based on position: the first place get 1, the second place gets 2 then 3 and so on till 15. Then these points could be spent on vouchers, I'm not sure about the "price" yet, I'm thinking about 15-30/voucher.
    Now there is something which complicates this system: it favors those who haven't spend their vouchers yet (because they are relatively lower in position). To balance this I'd make the actual points after each month:
    points based on position -minus-the number of vouchers the civ still has. (negative scores taken as 0s)
    I think it makes sense if you think about it.
    examples:
    1st place, 6 vouchers left: 1-6=-5 ->0 points
    5th place, 5 vouchers left: 5-5=0 ->0 points
    7th place, 0 voucher left: 7-0=7 -> 7 points
    15 place, 8 voucher left: 15-8=7 ->7 points

comments:
    In this example the 7th and 15th gets the same points, however if the 15th would had spent their vouchers He could be in better position.
    So should someone spend or keep their vouchers to get the most benefit?
    I think this system actually doesnt affect the decision too much since both way have advantages and disadvantages as well.

Spending the vouchers, so you may have the technologies to advance your civ _now_ and don't fall back too much (this way you get more point because you have less voucher)

Keeping the vouchers so you can get better (more advanced) technologies later, (this way you may get more point because you may be lower in position)

So what do you think? Do you agree that we sould give some kind of help to those who are not on the top? what do you think about this suggestion? any other idea?

Comment

• I think there is no need to give out vouchers this early. What could be done it change the free tech trade requirements from 4 civs advancing to the next age to 2.
      The civ formerly known as The Holy Empire of Britannia/dutch

Comment

• Originally posted by The Holy Empire of Britannia (DoC) View Post
        I think there is no need to give out vouchers this early. What could be done it change the free tech trade requirements from 4 civs advancing to the next age to 2.
        I like the voucher system and the thing I suggested wouldnt give away too many vouchers early. The last civ in case it used up all its vouchers would get a tech in every 1-2 month.. there is no such a civ yet but it wouldn't make it much stronger, just compensate a bit.
        I wouldnt mind changing the free trade requirements to 2 civs, but it wouldnt change too much.

Comment

• It wouldn't change much except it would take less time to freely trade.

Comment

• Let's discuss this completely OOC.
            Formerly known as "CyberShy"
            Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Plomp View Post
              Let's discuss this completely OOC.
              I'll think about it. Can't let out my identity now can I RP

Comment

• Can't let out my identity now can I RP
                another double-bluff
                Βασιλεύς Βασιλέων Βασιλεύων Βασιλευόντων

Comment

• The trouble though is that by discussing this plan we are incentivizing people to quickly blow their remaining vouchers so they get more.
                  Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• I haven't used any vouchers because I don't know what the best strategy is to use them.

That and also I'm very isolated, only few trading partners.

Any advice would help, I'm in last place...

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
                      The trouble though is that by discussing this plan we are incentivizing people to quickly blow their remaining vouchers so they get more.
                      I've considered this possibility and I think it's not the case.

Why people hasn't used up their vouchers already? It could give them better military or economy now-I think they hold them because they can get better techs later-this would still stand. Why would someone "waste" a voucher just to get one more point, basically let's say 1/20 voucher more per month.
                      also burning up the vouchers could increase your position so it would reduce these extra points.
                      I think the system I suggest is balanced in a way that it helps those more who need it most.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ottoman Empire (DoC) View Post
                        I haven't used any vouchers because I don't know what the best strategy is to use them.

Build a galley or at least a fishing boat and go exploring so you can meet more civilizations.
                        About spening the vouchers: I'd spend those on techs which are more expensive and most usefull-normally those techs that improve your economy-makes you research faster.
                        It could be a problem if you want a tech but don't have anything to offer for trade-But if you find a friendly civ you may get that tech for your voucher as a gift (not truly a gift since it's your voucher, but the other civ doesn't get anything from this trade)

anyway just support my idea so you may get more vouchers to spend

Comment

• Originally posted by Ottoman Empire (DoC) View Post
                          I haven't used any vouchers because I don't know what the best strategy is to use them.

simple trade all those vouchers for techs ..

will improve your civ

Comment

• I think the free trade stuff should lock out the top 5 civs. this would aid the lower civs .

and i agree onyl wait for two people to hit the advanced levels before making it open. but only if we lock out the top 5 from free trades

Comment

• The game has been paused to invesigate an ooc-problem. I'm working on it behind the scenes, trying to get a solution asap. If not then we'll follow the game rules to get a solution
                              Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                              Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• ooooooo , do tell more ....

Comment

Working...
                                X