The Dance of Civilizations [Diplo Game] [Organization Thread Pt1]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @ Russia.

I think the multiple log-ins are best avoided. Its easy to get into argument about what is a 'war act', e.g. swapping the build queue of a city from a library to a trireme because you have just spotted my invasion fleet coming isn't moving any units, but does give a turn advantage in getting the thing finished. Acceptign a tech trade which allows you to then upgrade units. Moving a worker to start building a strategic road etc.

But in the end we are all here to play a game, so I don't want draconian rules. If I have just posted some blatant lies (not that I ever do) and you want a screen shot to prove me wrong, I don't want the turn order thing to stand in the way.

So I think occasionally loggin in briefly and explaining on here why, is fair enough (and I hope you wouldn't mind if i did too). But for all our nerves and good relations, we should do it occasionally not all the time.

Thats my thoughts anyway.
    Βασιλεύς Βασιλέων Βασιλεύων Βασιλευόντων

Comment

• I think it should be never. It is too open to abuse and it will cause an argument in the future. Allow it now and you set a precedent that could be open to abuse and almost certainly will be called into serious question later.
      “Quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur”
      - Anon

Comment

• fair enough. just wanted to check.
        Bare derutsya — u kholopov chuby treschat.
        The Russian Dynasty:
        Samo the Headbanded
        Catherine the Progenitor
        Dominika Ekatarinova
        (Konya the Lost)
        Igor Exilaskaya

Comment

• I think said the same thing twice but my age catchs up with me and I get a little confused after a bottle of scotch. I am not the same man that I was at 85 and get tired all too quickly now.
          “Quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur”
          - Anon

Comment

• i often wonder if people are using strategy in the out of game stuff.

Like the recent posts in storys.

Is the russians realy there t ocreate war or jsut get a story line for better votes.

Does he realsie of course that he is giveign lots of chances for Byzantine to gain votes.

Of course nothing wrong with this. In fact great strategy to come up with thigns to gain more votes.

But it could come at a cost...

Keep pu th grea twork guys... but jsut spice it up a bit more with few elephants attacking those spearmen....

Comment

• As one who has been closely watching the war it is a real one but not an easy one for Russia. The war has become a stalemate and by the looks of it if Russia doesn't do something before the Byzantines get their UU it does not look good for Russia.

p.s Can we please go back to 11hrs yet?
              The civ formerly known as The Holy Empire of Britannia/dutch

Comment

• Originally posted by The Holy Empire of Britannia (DoC) View Post
                As one who has been closely watching the war it is a real one but not an easy one for Russia. The war has become a stalemate and by the looks of it if Russia doesn't do something before the Byzantines get their UU it does not look good for Russia.

p.s Can we please go back to 11hrs yet?
                damn you people are experts.. What is UU mean...

why is it a stalemate... has russia actualy attacked yet ? except the catapults.

Comment

• Trying to be honest (not that Theodosius ever spins things of course).

UU - unique unit - Byzantine cataphracts. Stalemate because of the Civ combat system. At the moment (and sure it can change any minute - very much hoping it will soon ) if the Russian main army attacks my main army it will lose, but if mine attacks it, it will also lose. This is because defenders get advantages - both the fortifed bonus and more importantly in mixed arms stacks the defender always defends with the most appropriate defender. But there is lots going on to break that stalemate ...

Comment

• This is all a huge benefit to India and England.
                    We all know that in the end Byzantium will be pushed from our continent. I made the mistake to not send a huge army immediately but trust that Russia could pull it off alone.

Now I was forced to go into a war economy and push out a large army.
                    When it arrives Byzantium will obviously lose, they cannot hold their position on another continent. Their supply of new armies will fall short and the distance is too far. So in the end Byzantium will lose.

But at the cost of Russia,Byzantium and Persia (and all nations behind Byzantium) losing big money and time to build better infrastructures, etc.

But hey, it's fun!
                    I've just finished my 15th city, enough production to build up a large army now
                    Who cares about libraries if you can build catapults and macemen

So don't worry, Korea, the stalemate is only temporarily b/c it's not a fair stalemate. (not fair b/c Byzantium can't support the stalemate, it's too far from it's home)

In the meantime England and India grow larger and stronger.
                    Force is always beside the point when subtlety will serve
                    <a href = "http://apolyton.net/forums/showpost.php?p=5759340&postcount=49">Darius order to kill Oroetes</a></p>

Comment

• Originally posted by Korea (DoC) View Post
                      damn you people are experts.. What is UU mean...

why is it a stalemate... has russia actualy attacked yet ? except the catapults.
                      UU is unique unit. It i a stalemate because neither of them can find a way to take advantage over the other. And as for right now Russia has not gone on the offensive probably because he is smart enough to know that he would not win. But the longer Russia waits to attack the closer Byzantines get to guilds.

Comment

• Originally posted by Persia (DoC) View Post
                        This is all a huge benefit to India and England.
                        We all know that in the end Byzantium will be pushed from our continent. I made the mistake to not send a huge army immediately but trust that Russia could pull it off alone.

Now I was forced to go into a war economy and push out a large army.
                        When it arrives Byzantium will obviously lose, they cannot hold their position on another continent. Their supply of new armies will fall short and the distance is too far. So in the end Byzantium will lose.

But at the cost of Russia,Byzantium and Persia (and all nations behind Byzantium) losing big money and time to build better infrastructures, etc.

But hey, it's fun!
                        I've just finished my 15th city, enough production to build up a large army now
                        Who cares about libraries if you can build catapults and macemen

So don't worry, Korea, the stalemate is only temporarily b/c it's not a fair stalemate. (not fair b/c Byzantium can't support the stalemate, it's too far from it's home)

In the meantime England and India grow larger and stronger.
                        Wow where do you come up with the time and space to build 15 cities?

Comment

• Ok, I lied a tad bit, the 15th city is almost founded. 4 more turns.
                          It would have been already if I had not given a settler to Russia and 2 workers to you in the very early game.

I have had 1 city building settlers non-stop (my capital).
                          There was a 2nd city (Persepolis) that has been pushing out armies non stop.
                          All cities I founded started building a worker. Workers are of key importance here.

You should have covered the lands Russia and Byzantium are argueing about right now much earlier! It's your land. You most probably also have enough space to found 15 cities. I know that the Ottomans have room for at least 11 cities as well.

chop your settlers, found cities asap and work the lands around them so that they grow early.
                          If all your lands are covered by cities, you don't have to worry about barbarians.
                          Many players try to block barbarians by building large defense armies. You'd better build a small defense army and focus on building settlers.
                          Chop all trees around your city to push out those settlers.
                          <a href = "http://apolyton.net/forums/showpost.php?p=5759340&postcount=49">Darius order to kill Oroetes</a></p>

Comment

• @ Persia

Dude you have some huge balls to come out yelling about India and England.

15 cities give me some slack Persia, the civ with the most land and cities is unhappy about others with much less land and cities doing well. Haha you made my day!!

Comment

• I am very happy about you doing well, but I also have an in game agenda
                              ooc I admire you, ig I of course have to counter you :P

Comment

• they cannot hold their position on another continent. Their supply of new armies will fall short and the distance is too far. So in the end Byzantium will lose.
                                Ah so speaks someone who doesn't understand that age of sail. Continents which Persia and Russia are so obsessed with are only meaningful in the age of railways when land travel comse into its own. Sea transport is often quicker than land in this age. As everyone knows Rhodes is as far from Moscow as from Constantinople and closer to Constantinople than to the Persian capital. If you are putting your trust in your soldiers walking faster than my boats sail, you will be sorely mistaken!

Comment

Working...
                                X