No announcement yet.

The Dance of Civilizations [Diplo Game] [Organization Thread Pt1]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hercules was first to apply for the opening we had in this game.
    Welcome to the game Hercules!
    Ozzy will inform you about the civ you play and the password you need.
    The game will continue in a normal way now. All civs please play your turn so that we can progress into the next 8 hour per turn phase of the game!
    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

I've regrouped and re-ordered the rules to make it a bit more intuitive. No textual changes have been made.

If people have suggestions for better phrasing / working of the rules, or making them easier to understand or read, please speak up!

Comment

I've included two new sections:
        - game score mechanism (forgot to include it)
        - conflict handling

Regarding the three voting categories, I've included the following explanation:

The 3 categories:
        - Story telling
        Story telling / role playing is about how a player tells the story of his civilization. Handles his characters, shows the relation between story and in-game actions, explains the behaviour hof his civ, includes graphics and images, is able to entertain it's readers, etc.
        - Diplomacy
        Diplomacy is about the achievements of a player to reach the goals of his civ through the means of diplomacy. Both public diplomacy (letters in the story thread) and hidden diplomacy (behind the scenes in secret communications by ie. PM)
        - Game Attitude
        Game attitude is about the attitude a player has for this game. Does he try to make the game fun for everyone, does he try to help others, does he stay away from conflicts or is he trying to be cooperative when conflicts arise, is he willing to help weak players in the game, does he vote in time, does he play his turns, is he not spamming the story thread, does he try to help the game by reporting era changes, bring solutions for problems, etc. It's a combination of both in-game and out of character behaviour.

The vote tool will be explained later. WarningU2 is still busy on that. It looks awesome and it'll help us a lot to streamline voting!

Comment

My vote to the rule 4 change: YES

Votes so far:

YES: 1
          Robert Plomp

No: 0

Abstain: 0

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Plomp View Post

VOTE:
            Do you agree with the following addition to rule 8: (underlined part)
            - 8a. Trading away a tech costs 1 voucher. All players get 8 vouchers. Vouchers cannot be traded away for anything but techs. (this means that civs can give away 8 techs, trade 8 techs for 8 vouchers, trade 8 techs for 8 techs or a combination of these options.)
            Obviously I support it, however I have to say that the voucher system sounds very complicated

I want to stress this point:
            The suggested changes will have only one effect on the game:
            With the original rules a backward civ who cant offer worthy techs for others can't use its vouchers for anything. If we allow them to be able to receive a tech for its own voucher he could receive "gifts" from other players.

(This part of the suggested rule: "trade 8 techs for 8 vouchers " is not really correct since in theory you could trade away any number of techs as long as he other civ pays the voucher for it. I'd change the explanation part to this: ...(this means that civs can give away 8 techs, receive 8 techs for their vouchers, trade 8 techs for 8 techs or a combination of these options.-basically the same we had in BtP with an important addition: traded vouchers must be used up in the same trade)

Comment

I agree with mzprox that is all sounds complicated, but I guess that will become clear when I use the system for the first time.

I agree with the intent behind the change, so vote me YES, please
              Insanity within Reason

Comment

It's a bit complicated. The alternatives are:
                - plain x voucher trades with no free trades for specific ages (like BtP)
                - no tech trading at all

I think that for the weaker players this rule is best though, but more rules is more complication, unfortunately.
                I've updated the rule vote suggestion with mzprox's suggestion. (since all 3 voters so far supported it that is possible).

YES: 3 (100% of voters, 20% of players)
                Robert
                mzprox
                Jeroen

Comment

Yes

Comment

I vote yes as long as this is a one for one trade. None of this multiple vouchers for a tech stuff.

Comment

vouchers can't be traded away, so that effectively disables the possibility to pay more vouchers for 1 tech.

Yes: 5 (100% of the votes, 33% of the players)
                      Robert
                      mzprox
                      Jeroen
                      Toni
                      bamf226

Comment

yes

Comment

Yay! (that means yes, we're men, we're men in tights, tights, tights)
                          You are all individuals

Comment

uuhh yes

Comment

Is this the time to look for my pike again? Maybe Sitting Bull can get off his ass
                              Insanity within Reason

Comment

Maybe I should let Ozzy look who it is.

Comment

Working...
                                X