• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• voted.
    The civ formerly known as The Holy Empire of Britannia/dutch

Comment

• Originally posted by Mali (DoC) View Post
      Shouldn't we be voting on quality, not quantity?
      quality is so subjective a matter.

Unfortunalty i think the people who post nice pics and stuff wil lbe regarded as quality.

So each to their own i guess.

If anyone looking to get some votes from me , i am looking for people posting on a regular basis, with real stories. Ensuring that they match the timeline in story. To me posting about leaders who have lived for centuries is not what i want to see. I want to read what is going on in your civ and with your neighbours.

I like to see posts about the great wonders that were built, or posts about meeting a new tribe. etc etc

but that is just me. so yes quantity does come into consideration
      GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

• Voted. An awful lot of 4's in there!
        “Quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur”
        - Anon

Comment

• Originally posted by St Jon View Post
          Voted. An awful lot of 4's in there!
          wow that high ???

Comment

• 4 = neutral
            Formerly known as "CyberShy"
            Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• The entire reason we are voting, is so everyone can make up their own mind on what is worth what to whom. Otherwise we could just calculate eachother's points based on character count in posts and/or the amount of pictures.

as far as I am concerned, vote as you want, on the criteria you choose yourself.
              Sic Vincit Gloria Mundi

Comment

• I've rated!
                Force is always beside the point when subtlety will serve
                <a href = "http://apolyton.net/forums/showpost.php?p=5759340&postcount=49">Darius order to kill Oroetes</a></p>

Comment

• Originally posted by Rasputin View Post
                  wow that high ???

I cannot rate someone good or bad at diplomacy who I have never met?
                  Suwasqa wasi hina simiyoq

Comment

• Originally posted by Rome (DoC) View Post
                    The entire reason we are voting, is so everyone can make up their own mind on what is worth what to whom. Otherwise we could just calculate eachother's points based on character count in posts and/or the amount of pictures.

as far as I am concerned, vote as you want, on the criteria you choose yourself.
                    totaly my point. and seeing it is open to the individual as to what he is valuing it is only appropiate that we all actually post what we are going to be looking for to give votes.

i have stated my story post basis for point

for diplomacy votes i want to see people who are actively negotiating with others, not enforcing their military weight on people.

for attitude, i am looking for people to be active in posting and answering questions and concerns wuickly when raised in the org thread..

so if you looking for my vote that how you getit.

Now how do i get votes from others ????

Comment

• not enforcing their military weight on people.
                      war is only an extension to diplomacy
                      I understand that I got little points from you for diplomacy b/c I used my 'military weight'. I think you miss the point about what's diplomacy is about. Diplomacy without using your military (weight or weakness) is no diplomacy, it's chitchat.

Of course I use my weight, like other civs may use their weakness (and call other civs into the war). That's how it works. Diplomacy is using ones weakness and strengths in such a way on the negotiable table that it benefits him most.
                      And just gaining a city is not all, you should also gain trust and friendship. One can win cities and lose secure borders.
                      ie. I think that with Russia I made both friends, gained a city, and got a secured border. All using my military weight. (and being reasonable, trying to not hurt Russia too much and even trying to help them).

Your way of diplomacy makes a pretty boring game

You want to know how I vote?
                      I'm sorry, I do not have such a detailed system like you do!

- stories: write good stories that entertain me and show that you care about it. (Surprise me!!)

- diplo: talk with other civs in such a way that it benefits your civ most.

- attitude: have a positive game attitude. Example, I gave a '7' to Russia b/c he kept talking and negotiating, and even more important; gaming and in character, when I attacked him.
                      Force is always beside the point when subtlety will serve
                      <a href = "http://apolyton.net/forums/showpost.php?p=5759340&postcount=49">Darius order to kill Oroetes</a></p>

Comment

• Originally posted by Rasputin View Post
                        totaly my point. and seeing it is open to the individual as to what he is valuing it is only appropiate that we all actually post what we are going to be looking for to give votes.

i have stated my story post basis for point

for diplomacy votes i want to see people who are actively negotiating with others, not enforcing their military weight on people.

for attitude, i am looking for people to be active in posting and answering questions and concerns wuickly when raised in the org thread..

so if you looking for my vote that how you getit.

Now how do i get votes from others ????
                        I can see no problems here.

Diplomacy is impossible to judge with a Civ you have never met. They may be brilliant but how do I really know? War may be 'diplomacy by other means' but that does not account for the basis of that war.

Stories are difficult as being totally subjective. You, amongst others, hated IncaSpeak and will mark me down for it. It was only a form of role-playing that proved to be unpopular.

Attitude is even harder as there are so many ways to interpret it. You thought I was mocking you personally with IncaSpeak but I wasn't. Nobody has been nasty, OOG, to anyone so all will deserve at least 4.
                        Suwasqa wasi hina simiyoq

Comment

• Let's not discuss rating during rating.
                          Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                          Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Plomp View Post
                            Let's not discuss rating during rating.
                            youre righ cyber, we should have discussed it before game.

telling me you know how i voted persia tells me who you are !

Comment

• Who is Persia then??? I want to know.
                              The civ formerly known as The Holy Empire of Britannia/dutch

Comment

• Its me
                                Βασιλεύς Βασιλέων Βασιλεύων Βασιλευόντων

Comment

Working...
                                X