Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Korea (DoC) View Post
    is that sometihng from startrek !!!
    No but I read that they were used in the last game like vouchers or something.
    The civ formerly known as The Holy Empire of Britannia/dutch

Comment

• Turn Timer extended to 24 hours b/c Russian/Ottoman war.

The current turn still lasts only about 12 hours though!
      So I hope that Russia will be able to play in time, otherwise we'll have to pause the game!
      Formerly known as "CyberShy"
      Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Originally posted by Korea (DoC) View Post
        Glad you like an alliance of 3 of the top 6 nations...
        None of the civs in the top 6 is my ally.. wait.. I see now: those who don'T plan attacking me must be count as allies, so now I know that the other 3 is up to something

..I'm anticipating an attack..? says the civ who has a parade of 10 destroyers close to my borders.. ( what would happen if you used it? You would lose a few but you would weak me down, block my cities, you could write good stories about your heroic fight against the big India and his allies (you can't imagine how many are there..) Sure you can't take cities alone, but I know you are not alone and if it was easy it just wouldnt be fun

Comment

• oh india oh india , how many destryoers does litle poor india have and transports al lwithin dtriking distance of my lands.

Til i get natives or mali to break with you i cant attack.... as i isad to win at civ 4 combat need some overwhelming odds as attackers , easier to defend and make attacks agaisnt the offenders left in the opne as shown in Inca/Rome versus england war and Inian cersus byz war.

Once we get the numbers we will attack......

Comment

• Since the moment India attacked Byzantium, in-game Byzantium has been all for attacking India although the geography is challenging, and I still have confidence that it will burn at least in part. But ooc I just want to add that any 'problem' of a superpower India is because India played an amazingly good game. to India.
            Βασιλεύς Βασιλέων Βασιλεύων Βασιλευόντων

Comment

• Indeed, India is just a brilliant player. And if he had mighty allies, more power to him!
              There are 4 big powers in this game, if 3 of them can't fight India and 2 allies, then that's their problem, not India's problem.

And I'm sorry for Korea, but I am not going to attack India if that'll result in big losses for my empire. In past games I have gone rampant on leading civs, it always resulted in losing at least 30% of my empire.
              I'm not going to make that mistake for this game again, don't blame me for placing a sane leader in charge of Persia.
              Force is always beside the point when subtlety will serve
              <a href = "http://apolyton.net/forums/showpost.php?p=5759340&postcount=49">Darius order to kill Oroetes</a></p>

Comment

• Thanks Byz. (just want to add: no one should think it is an easy go for me, there is a reason that doing my turns taking almost an hour every time )

Comment

• I micromanage all my cities every turn, go through all my workers, check all borders, all stats and graphs, look at the research paths, and no unit is on auto-movement or even has move orders past the current turn

I fortunately can do this a lot quicker then India though, eventhough I got more cities :B
                  An hour.... :eek!:
                  Force is always beside the point when subtlety will serve
                  <a href = "http://apolyton.net/forums/showpost.php?p=5759340&postcount=49">Darius order to kill Oroetes</a></p>

Comment

• all credit to toni for lasting so long with no invasion .

not due tio diplo but due to infighting and power mad leaders.

getting cloer though toni hope you got those citys well protected. marines are great at eaborne invasions

Comment

• Yes I think cultural victory for India is about 30 turns away if its 50,000 per 3 cities?

At normal game speed its 50,000 culture points but at epic, not sure.

Comment

• I don't think the big powers have been working hard or coordinating properly to really change this outcome. I might be wrong but everyone seems to be having fun fighting amongst themselves and it's a good dipo game. It's just that India is laughing all the way to the shrine

Comment

• How about we hand out some Voltans?
                          Voltan is a dirty word.

Comment

• Well said greece , you seem to be wise player , pity you didnt start the game and be a major player.

I have been trying to get this done since BC times.. but keep getting told i need to put up or shut up and should invade indioa by myself.

Comment

• Korea you know between you and england alone I'm sure you can at least delay India's victory. Just putting that out there.
                              The civ formerly known as The Holy Empire of Britannia/dutch

Comment

• No dont have the numbers of soldiers needed to do it..

You need to do some experimenting with it to see what i mean.

I have done it.. I built some scenarios and played them out a few times using the tech levels and city size etc etc.. and lost every battle...

India ends up winning everytime

Civ 4 combat against citys you need overwhleming odds.
                                Last edited by Korea (DoC); March 3, 2010, 23:02.

Comment

Working...
                                X