No announcement yet.

The Dance of Civilizations [Diplo Game] [Organization Thread Pt1]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yeah, Russia's position was extremely squeazed... otoh, I could've built 4 axemen from the get-go and take Persia's 2nd city reversing the situation.
    Bare derutsya — u kholopov chuby treschat.
    The Russian Dynasty:
    Samo the Headbanded
    Catherine the Progenitor
    Dominika Ekatarinova
    (Konya the Lost)
    Igor Exilaskaya

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
      If a certain someone didn't take their very first city, it would have been much easier.
      You should have handed out a manual to that certain someone then which made it clear what he could and could not do

But let me be clear, I love the map. And every map will always have some less good points. I once made a map that was hilarious. I'd give a 9/10 to your map.

On Hascon there are 4 civs, 3 of them have 1 neighbour (Russia) and one has 3 neighbours. That's the problem.

Of course, Britannia and Persia are also neighbours in theory, but there's a very large natural border between Britannia and Persia, there was never going to be any problem there.

In a MP game all players will build towards their neighbours, filling their backlands later. So that means in this case that 3 civs (or at least 2; Persia and Ottomania) first headed towards Russia, cornering it.

I had a very good reason to attack that city.
      It was on a strategical main position and it was most probably the best position on the continent. (flood planes and a mountain choke point)

For a diplo game this is good, btw. I think that after all Hascon is the most interesting continent, especially Russia's position. And the Russian player plays it very well. So for role playing / diplo gaming it's perfect, though I bet that Russia would have loved it to get a slightly better spot at least. It's not for no reason I gave him 7's for attitude throughout almost the entire game.

But to make it clear again: I love the map, 9/10 at least! Thanks a lot!
      Force is always beside the point when subtlety will serve
      <a href = "http://apolyton.net/forums/showpost.php?p=5759340&postcount=49">Darius order to kill Oroetes</a></p>

Comment

• Yes I think that map has been very good too. Of course we burn effigies every year of Ozzy because Byzantium is hugely landlocked with just the ice coast in the north blocked west and east by other nations (no free access to the oceans) and as far as imaginable from the new world in the south. But things have worked out well enough so I am not going to complain. Lots of interest in the map which actually has strategic importance, and interesting distribution of resources. Big cheer to Ozzy.
        Βασιλεύς Βασιλέων Βασιλεύων Βασιλευόντων

Comment

• I had a very relaxed position, but I still envy Byzantium's capital

Comment

• I think I got off pretty luck being placed where I am. The Natural mountain range surved me well as a border keeping out Persia and Russia. The resource placement is not what I expected but has surved to force interaction with other nations I typically would not have interacted with. Over all I love it!! Great job Ozzy!!!
            The civ formerly known as The Holy Empire of Britannia/dutch

Comment

• Originally posted by Persia (DoC) View Post
              Thanks! Somebody had to do it, especially someone whoms identity was not so secret anymore anyway

I'm sorry for my many many stories about Darius/Oroetes. I have been planning this story-line since the early days of.... the game / hastogianism
              So now I'm there I want to flesh it out a bit.

Fearing the void that will come when I'm done :eek!:
              Anybody any ideas about new interesting story lines to work to?
              next story line ATACK INDIA !!!

Comment

• "next story line ATACK [s]INDIA[/s] Korea !!!"

Fixed that for ya.
                I play Europa Universalis II; I dabble in everything else.

Comment

• "next story line ATACK Korea !!!"

Fixed that for ya.
                  I play Europa Universalis II; I dabble in everything else.

Comment

• love the map

I really think the map is excellent. Love the resource distribution and map design of landmasses etc. All starts have strengths and the weaknesses forces trade as has been written above. Really good stuff ozzy. Start making the next one!

I think the rules need adjusting a bit - particularly the tech free trades. Greece missed out a lot in thase paniced free for alls when a new era started (and it doesn't take into account time zone differences/adavantages).

Comment

• How about we hand out some Voltans?
                      The civ formerly known as The Holy Empire of Britannia/dutch

Comment

• Originally posted by India (DoC) View Post
                        I had a very relaxed position, but I still envy Byzantium's capital
                        Eh, some had flood plains, some had more hills (yours), some had more forest, etc. But in general the capitols are all more or less the same. In case any one ever did a full examination of capitol resources.
                        I have seen that in any great undertaking it is not enough for a man to depend simply upon himself.

Lone Man (Isna-la-wica)(Teton Sioux)

Comment

• Originally posted by Dubhghlas View Post
                          "next story line ATACK Korea !!!"

Fixed that for ya.

Ok bring it on, I happy to be invaded by anyone...

But my point still remains as siad from early on ...

INDIA is anticipating an attack and yet none is planned. So even the player himself thinks the diplo community should have done something to prevent his domination and yet we cant seem to get any coehesive plan together

So yeah come attack me, maybe you were jsut having a dig atme . Maybve youl ike others think soome who is so far behond tech wise would stand a chance alone of attacking INDIA. No civ 4 Combat mechanics mean unles you have a dominant numbers you will not win, not jsut a larger invasio nforce, but a Sledge hmamer beating on an egg appraoch.

That wont happen without world wide suppoirt..

Comment

• Originally posted by Greece (DoC) View Post
                            I really think the map is excellent. Love the resource distribution and map design of landmasses etc. All starts have strengths and the weaknesses forces trade as has been written above. Really good stuff ozzy. Start making the next one!

I think the rules need adjusting a bit - particularly the tech free trades. Greece missed out a lot in thase paniced free for alls when a new era started (and it doesn't take into account time zone differences/adavantages).
                            i think i got one free one !!!

Comment

• Ottoman Empire declares war on Russia.

Comment

• Originally posted by Orb (DoC) View Post
                                How about we hand out some Voltans?
                                is that sometihng from startrek !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X