No announcement yet.

The Dance of Civilizations [Diplo Game] [Organization Thread Pt1]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have betted with someone else when Rasputin would make his first positive post!
    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• That was a positive psot,

I am positve that he got a large area if he can build 8 cities
      GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

• Should we open a new thread called "Getting my explanation / excuses in early in case I don't do as brilliantly as I think I should" ?" I can't believe we are already having conversations about bigger and smaller civs already - we are all the same size!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Priest View Post
          I can't believe we are already having conversations about bigger and smaller civs already

Yeah.. we shouldnt have

-but seriously.. this is nothing compared the crying/bithching we would hear a few months later if John would do what He says. First the griefed one rage quits, then everyone will blame someone etc etc.. we saw such things happening already.

Comment

• Less cities is better for diplo games, this will push for more diplomacy and negotiations. And that is what we want!!

There will be always someone with more cities than you that is the reality.

Yes i like the rest of you have less land, big deal i will try to focus on diplomacy and get along with the civs i find nearby.

Agains Ozzy has placed enough land for all of us, there are suppose to be many islands and some continents out there.

Comment

• i have posted because a record must be kept early, we will see how diplomacy plays out later.

for now i wish i had sailing...
              GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

• Originally posted by mzprox View Post
                Yeah.. we shouldnt have

-but seriously.. this is nothing compared the crying/bithching we would hear a few months later if John would do what He says. First the griefed one rage quits, then everyone will blame someone etc etc.. we saw such things happening already.

Don't worry mzprox; I have never quitted a game, except for personal i.e. OOG reasons, and won't change here. Only times I have left before the end of any game is when I have been knocked out.
                “Quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur”
                - Anon

Comment

• Originally posted by St Jon View Post
                  Don't worry mzprox; I have never quitted a game,...
                  I was not talking about you, but the one you may attack early

Comment

• A comment regarding diplogames. Honestly if one player is in such a position I do not think that their options should be hamstrung by being a "diplo" game. If negotiations to acquire more land fail or are not feasible, then they should take the only alternative ... outright aggression. It is unrealistic to think this would not happen in real life. Is the rule such that war is prohibited in this situation? In history when civilizations have their back against the wall, war results - that is life and humanity has excelled at it. Unfortunately, we will likely see this play out too soon when adequate fresh water and food becomes unavailable to large segments of the world but I digress.

Originally posted by St Jon View Post
                    I was only a very late game sub in BtP but I am in a position, even worse than Russia's was there, where I can actually see my nearest neighbour's capital as well as knowing where another's is. The 3rd I only know the rough geography about but I know that they are far too close for comfort. I am stuck on the end of a peninsula which means that I have no choice but early war which is very wasteful.

In a 'free for all' I would simply slave axemen and wipe out my close neighbour but I cannot do that in Diplo. My only other alternative is to ring his capital and kill each Settler as it emerges to prevent him expanding. My build queue will therefore run X - Axeman - X - Axeman Ad Inf! He will probably understand the risks and try the same tactic against me - especially if he is cramped from the other side as well.

I know the identity of one of my neighbours for certain, sorry but the style of writing is too familiar, and have a pretty good idea of another. One will defeat me if I give him the chance to grow and the other will be a 50-50 but the 3rd I have no idea of. It is fine to say 'build a fleet to discover the promised land' but when you have no chance to build more than 3 cities without massive overlap things become a little more tricky.

Civ obliteration may be illegal but Civ emasculation is not and on a map like this I have no alternative but to pursue that tactic. I am just glad I picked the Civ I did as at least I stand a chance of pulling it off.
                    WarningU2 Member of CIvilization Players Multiplayer League
                    ---------------------------
                    "A witty saying proves nothing." - Voltaire (1694-1778)

Comment

• Originally posted by Rasputin View Post
                      you obviously got one of the larger areas...
                      He didn't. Everyone has room for 6-8 cities. Yes, St. Jon, even you. Now if you guys are really that bad at civ that you build all your cities far apart from each other, well then I guess that's your problem. But it isn't a problem of the map.

Whiners.
                      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• I'm not sure but if there is really 3 islands that everyone started on then I'm assuming that st. john is on the one with 6 civs which is why he maybe be complaining. I think that maybe that island should have been made bigger then the rest because of the extra civ or at least put some islands around them to help them out. In anycase I think a change of stratigy should be considered. Drop what you wanted to do and just expand before your neighbors get their first. Just my thoughts.

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
                          He didn't. Everyone has room for 6-8 cities. Yes, St. Jon, even you. Now if you guys are really that bad at civ that you build all your cities far apart from each other, well then I guess that's your problem. But it isn't a problem of the map.

Whiners.

Good or Bad is not your judgement to make. Success or Failure is a different issue and decided by the test of time. My tactics, as interpreted by you, are not open to criticism unless they fail. Just because I am a newbie to MP Civ IV does not mean that I have not played many MP games of a similar genre. Having a preference for core Cities that will be big does not imply tactical or strategic weakness just my preferred method of play.

In SP Civ IV, when I used to play it, I followed the same route whenever possible. On a tiny map that option is not open to you but then war is your only aim - go for Slavery and kill anyone you can see - but not in a game such as this. I know full well who my closest neighbour is and he will be tough to beat if I allow him to choke me. This is not 'whining' it is a matter of fact and therefore I have no option but to do all I can to prevent it happening. If it is a case of 'Choke or be Choked' then I have no option but to go for the former.
                          - Anon

Comment

• Man I really Hope St. Jon isn't near me. I'm too young to die already.
                            The civ formerly known as The Holy Empire of Britannia/dutch

Comment

• Originally posted by The Holy Empire of Britannia (DoC) View Post
                              Man I really Hope St. Jon isn't near me. I'm too young to die already.

Oh, but you are my dear!
                              - Anon

Comment

• I meant both that you are and that you aren't.
                                - Anon

Comment

Working...
                                X