No announcement yet.

The Dance of Civilizations [Diplo Game] [Organization Thread Pt1]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Napoleon complex: small men trying to compensate their small size by overshouting themselves
    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Originally posted by mzprox View Post
      What about making an agreement that we wont use the IG option to ban nukes? We could still make treaties about banning them but we could still build our nuclear weapons in secret if we wish. It would be good for diplo.

Back to cultural victory, I've never done in civ4 yet. I see it a bit problematic because it's really "all or nothing" strategy. For cultural victory you have to turn off research and use the commerce for culture(from the middle ages). It means that you will fall behind in research. Now should others come to stop you ( and I think they should) with their more advanced tech the civ which goes for cultural victory will be at their mercy. Probably they will let the civ live but keeping them from ever getting enough culture. And then this civ would be really crippled.
      Making a spaceship is always easier and it keeps you top on military (tech-wise)-but it's not that hard to sabotage the ss parts.

but lets try.. the game is not about winning (IG) anyway. I just really hope ppl wont lose intrest at end game as it happened BtP.
      The Incas would have gotten a cultural victory in HOTW12 if it was played to the finish. They did this by building an awesome economy with great city placement. They where able to hoard a lot of wonders and funded culture in the industrial era.
      Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
      The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
      The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

• Never trust short monorbic men who cannot spell correctly. They are always megalomaniac mass-murderers with gross inferiority complexes.

Are these typical Dutch qualities? I think the world should know.
        “Quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur”
        - Anon

Comment

• Would it be against the rules to ask who has met who IG so far?

Comment

• Don't think so.

Comment

• Does anyone other then the few of us who have posted already have any plans to post a story soon? The month is nearly over if you want points for story then now would be the time.

Everyone else who is posting keep it up. I enjoy reading about what's going on with the rest of the world.
              The civ formerly known as The Holy Empire of Britannia/dutch

Comment

• Ok then Who has met who then?

Comment

• So far I have seen Russian and Persian.

Comment

• Why is the turn timer set to 19h?

And I think the first vote is for Aug/Sept.

Comment

• @mzprox: the turn timer is still at 8h, after turn 100 it'll be at 19h b/c people will then be willing to play all their turns without skipping any.

the vote was planned for aug/sept indeed. But now the voting tool is ready we could decide to vote for aug already, what do you guys think?

Comment

• I think we should vote for aug.

Comment

• I prefer not to reveal my neighbours in other ways then through stories.
                          I'm ok with voting for August.
                          Force is always beside the point when subtlety will serve
                          <a href = "http://apolyton.net/forums/showpost.php?p=5759340&postcount=49">Darius order to kill Oroetes</a></p>

Comment

• not much to vote on for august...

Comment

• i havent met anybody officialy. but my Foriegn advisor tells me i have met the English and Incas.

Comment

• We can vote for august but i prefer to wait till the end of september. We don't have too much to vote about yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X