No announcement yet.

The Dance of Civilizations [Diplo Game] [Organization Thread Pt1]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• speaking of the Russian backstab... well, there were warning signs. I refused a tech trade deal that Persia felt should cement our relationship. I announced that Russia would not fight for Persia to spread Hastogianism, and I was about to cancel open borders so Persia could not move through Russia to fight England. And I made a claim to Hastograd. When I saw Persian troops already moving through my lands I decided to take a chance. Note that I did not cancel open borders first to see where the troops would be deposited. I threw the dice and I was lucky enough for both armies to be thrown in a location that I could reach with my army.

As for backstabbing and friendliness etc. Persia has tried to help Russia repeatedly, but that would be help that we would not have needed had not Persia taken us down in the beginning. So, though the war may not be fair or justified, I felt it was necessary and most importantly FUN! It changes the dynamic of our entire continent, it causes civs to change their priorities and most importantly it is a fair fight. The only way a small nation can challenge a large is by trickery, and even then small civs usually will lose due to the nature of the game mechanics. There is just too much of an advantage being big, if I were to fight a fair fight with Persia I would lose, no contest. This was backstabby and a betrayal. Well, Machiavelli was born in Russia in this world. Big civs should always expect to be backstabbed. You're not paranoid if they're really after you... and they are.
    Bare derutsya — u kholopov chuby treschat.
    The Russian Dynasty:
    Samo the Headbanded
    Catherine the Progenitor
    Dominika Ekatarinova
    (Konya the Lost)
    Igor Exilaskaya

Comment

• Don't forget that Russia's backstabby betrayal follows Persia's backstabby betrayal that succeeded in taking one third of Russian territory. Russian Machiavelli drew inspiration from ancient Persia.
      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Russia: your attack was well prepared and definitely didn't came out of nothing! I have nothing against anything you did! You play an awesome game here!

And you're right, it's absolutely fun!!

And to be honest, I anticipated an attack from you sooner or later, that's why I had that army in Hastogsburg. But then the call for help came and I just wanted to answer. I was stupid enough to ignore the signals you sent. I figured that you would not attack me that brutally while I was marching towards England But hey, you did!

And I did try to keep you a friend, promising 1 gpt for every hastog city you would convert and offering you 1 free voucher.
        The only question I have for you is: Did/do you really believe that you had/have a chance or was it more opportunistic? My answer to Ottoman/Arabia was opportunistic and not thought through (obviously).
        I think that your backstab was also a bit opportunistic.

But hey, that's more fun then those boring well prepared wars
        Awesome to hear that you declared war without closing borders first!

If my bluff works and I am able to deport you to another shore, I'll promise that I'll help you there. I believe that you may actually benefit from a new start with all my techs on some new land. I hope you won't abandon the game if I succeed in taking your cities one by one. My story to deport you to new lands is real! I don't know yet if the land will be big enough for enough cities yet, but if not then I'll colonize a 2nd world for you as well.

I promise to be your slave as well if you win!

@Ozzy: Persia did not backstab Russia in the beginning, we never were friends and the only words we had exchanged were "Pay!"
        Force is always beside the point when subtlety will serve
        <a href = "http://apolyton.net/forums/showpost.php?p=5759340&postcount=49">Darius order to kill Oroetes</a></p>

Comment

• never mind
          The civ formerly known as The Holy Empire of Britannia/dutch

Comment

• Suggestion

I wonder if we could have a thread that is only for Game Status so rather than have to go looking for the current status in red text amongst all the other chit chat.

Then I could put an instant notice on and not have to go looking when the game is down/paused or whatever. Is that possible?

Comment

• Maybe Robert can put such a status in the opening post of this thread somewhere near the top?
              <a href = "http://apolyton.net/forums/showpost.php?p=5759340&postcount=49">Darius order to kill Oroetes</a></p>

Comment

• Originally posted by Mali (DoC) View Post
                I guess I shouldn't be dead last in attitude next month after all this turmoil. Not really sure why I was this month. I'll keep playing and enjoying.

It is surprise to me also and I see no bad attitude from you. Mali is not last in attitude to me but it is all each person decision to make alone. Strange thing to vote for as what is my attitude is different from your attitude ideas.
                Suwasqa wasi hina simiyoq

Comment

• May be it is the time for a new org thread as this is getting to long.
                  Suwasqa wasi hina simiyoq

Comment

• Good for Russia that they go for the Hobgoblin of the North!

Calling India........
                    “Quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur”
                    - Anon

Comment

• Another weekend without civ so. So depressing. On the bight side I'm taking bets on who will win the 2nd Persian Russian war. So far bets are 4-1 Russia. Any takers?
                      The civ formerly known as The Holy Empire of Britannia/dutch

Comment

• Originally posted by The Holy Empire of Britannia (DoC) View Post
                        Another weekend without civ so. So depressing. On the bight side I'm taking bets on who will win the 2nd Persian Russian war. So far bets are 4-1 Russia. Any takers?
                        No guesses. I can't wait to see how it turns out though!

Kinda neat to not play but follow along from the outside.
                        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Britannia, is this bet a real bet? With real money? Can I put $1000000 on Russia?

It is surprise to me also and I see no bad attitude from you. Mali is not last in attitude to me but it is all each person decision to make alone. Strange thing to vote for as what is my attitude is different from your attitude ideas.

I don't understand much about the attitude ratings either.
                          Some people have really high scores, others have lower scores, and I don't see the difference between those.

I use attitude only if there's really something going on. And Mali, I see no reason to give you a low one! Maybe people do it b/c you don't have much stories, but I think that's already dealt with in the story-rating.

Comment

• Thanks for the pause. I can take my turn now Robert.

Comment

• Game is up
                              Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                              Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• just curious about something...

1. If I build a colony empire and release it, it will be run by the AI. is it possible to give it to a human player that is not currently in the game?
                                Bare derutsya — u kholopov chuby treschat.
                                The Russian Dynasty:
                                Samo the Headbanded
                                Catherine the Progenitor
                                Dominika Ekatarinova
                                (Konya the Lost)
                                Igor Exilaskaya

Comment

Working...
                                X