No announcement yet.

The Dance of Civilizations [Diplo Game] [Organization Thread Pt1]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double moves not allowed.. Pleas epause game..

Comment

• So I have to wait now just to take my turn?
      The civ formerly known as The Holy Empire of Britannia/dutch

Comment

• I'm home. A pop-up was blocking my server and the memory was full.
        I am rebooting the server now.

If Inca has to move first every turn we have a problem if Inca can only play late afternoon every day. We need like 35 hour turns to manage that.
        Would it be a problem if England can move twice for once? Especially if England will not move against Inca?

Inca, can you not play your turn in the early morning?
        Just asking. No pressure, if that's how it is, then that's how it is and it's ok.

I'll start the server now and see tomorrow morning how things are.
        If it's not good I'll pause the game myself till I'm home again.
        Formerly known as "CyberShy"
        Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Game is up

Comment

• no if inca move first regarldess of the time he moves that is start of turn ...

so basically timer starts jsut as inca move then we have 20 hours for everyone esle to play.

double mov ebad ,,,,, during war that could be deadly and if england dont use the move with deadly force , then they waste a turn and it like thei enemies get a double move.

Comment

• I will wait for the Inca as i have been doing till now. I will be able to take my turn in roughly 14hrs from now.

Comment

• A reminder/lesson for everyone on image posting. Not that I care anymore since I have this crazy wide new monitor, but it can be really, really annoying when people post wide pictures and "break the thread". So instead of using the standard [IMG] tag, please take a moment to use this:

< img src="http://www.theaddressofyourimage.com" width="750">

Use that, except delete that first space after the first bracket. That'll take care of everything automatically and you don't have to go and resize pics in paint or photoshop or anything.
                Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• piuty the bulleting board script ddoesnt do it automaticaly when you click the image link

Comment

• I'm pausing the game till I'm home again from work.
                    Otherwise the turn timer will run out of time while all war parties still have to play

@Korea: we can't let the 20 hours start when Inca is done technically. The hours just start at the beginning of the turn and can't be changed during the turn.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Plomp View Post
                      I'm pausing the game till I'm home again from work.
                      Otherwise the turn timer will run out of time while all war parties still have to play

@Korea: we can't let the 20 hours start when Inca is done technically. The hours just start at the beginning of the turn and can't be changed during the turn.
                      hours are changed whenever someone pasues game, so if someone pauses it for inca and then he lets it play each time then there wont be a problem. we get one turn per 24 hours...

Comment

• Pause could be problematic because the game cannot be unpaused at the diplomatic screen.

Since England and Inca already hitting each other it might be too late to change turn order

If Inca only can play once per day, in the afternoon, then the best way to handle this to make the turn flip always in the afternoon (gmt) around 4-7 pm. This is not that hard to do (unless RP keeps getting strange pop-ups).
                        So set the next timer to make the flip next day afternoon then keep the timer at 21-22 hour (tune it later if necessary to keep the flip in the 4-7 pm range)

Comment

• Unable to play this morning. Game and CIVSTATS appear to be down?

Have no idea whose turn it is.

I'll be home around 7pm EST after work today ... maybe an hour earlier.

If the game starts up and if someone could please pause the game if it is my turn, that would be great but if not I understand. I honestly don't care if I am double moved on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arabia (DoC) View Post

Have no idea whose turn it is.
                            What do you mean you have no idea whose turn it is?
                            It's easy: civstat writes who had already made its turn (there is a dot next to their names on the list). So you check wether Inca and England both finished their turns, then it's you turn-for you only those two matters.

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
                              A reminder/lesson for everyone on image posting. Not that I care anymore since I have this crazy wide new monitor, but it can be really, really annoying when people post wide pictures and "break the thread". So instead of using the standard [IMG] tag, please take a moment to use this:

< img src="http://www.theaddressofyourimage.com" width="750">

Use that, except delete that first space after the first bracket. That'll take care of everything automatically and you don't have to go and resize pics in paint or photoshop or anything.
                              to not lose the option to see the image full screen, you can improve on that by doing this:
                              < a href="http://www.theaddressofyourimage.com" target="_new">< img src="http://www.theaddressofyourimage.com" width="750">< /a>

again take care to get rid of the space before img and a

This makes it so, that when you click the image, it will open in a new screen full size
                              Sic Vincit Gloria Mundi

Comment

• What is happening btw? Why is the game down? I want to play my turn now!!

Comment

Working...
                                X