No announcement yet.

Beyond the Pit [Pitboss Diplomacy Game] [Organization Thread VI]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well that is a harsher attitude that we have had before Robert, when a new player says 'wow I've made a serious mistake'. I agree we wouldn't reload for it, but the problem is you are refusing to adopt the simple in-game solution to it, which Japan and St Jon both recommend - you simply hand the city back to the Maya. Come on Japan and Russia don't agree on much!

I'm off now - hope you guys sort it well.

Comment

• God's Verdict:

OK guys no worries - Robert unpause the game and let it roll. It is my problem that i missed my turn. But at least Khmer's sub could have had some fair play attitude and not taken advantage of attacking those units - I do not mind him taking his turn at all. Move anything you want, but give your enemy some respect and let him run/hide/or maneuver that army in such a close proximity. Yes you can attack me, I missed my turn, but was it right that is a whole different issue.

Unpause and we continue - Pantev's armies will not double move on anyone.

Comment

• For the record immediately on making the mistake Maya wrote:

Originally posted by Pitboss Maya
        Great Marcus,

I must apologise for the recent Durango incident, during one of Marcos his pipe smoking cessions he accidentally stuffed his pipe with deer fur instead of beaver. He must have made an accident when writing the hand over contract of Durango. We understand this is a very big inconvenient, we hope that we can repair for this incident. We don’t want one man his mistake to be a problem for our relationship.

Kind regards, first minister of Beaver Tobacco industries

(ooc my girl friend was nagging and accidentally I pushed too fast with out looking :-)

Comment

• That was an ooc-attitude when new players made an ooc mistake.
          in-game it's always been: a fault is a fault.

Something else you may not consider is that if we give the Maya the choice once again you'll be extra angered (ig) if Maya still gives the city to the Greek. The decision made 2 turns ago is not the same as the decision they have made to made now, if they have to do it again.
          Formerly known as "CyberShy"
          Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Plomp View Post
            It was not a wrong key pressed but a wrong decision made (influenced by alcohol, etc.)
            For the record, if we reload it's up to Maya to do what he wants, but in general a mistake made should not be correctable. Not even if a wrong key was pressed. I have made mistakes as well in the war.

But like I said, I'm fine to leave it up to the Maya if we reload.
            I have declared War with Rome whilst we were holding IG discussions both logged on by hitting the wrong key to chat with him! We corrected it but we lost our Trade Bonus. I was half-cut myself but neither of us asked for a re-load. Maya cannot use being pissed as an excuse. Spain gifted me an incorrect City but I just gifted it back next Turn - no-reload. Don't, please bring Maya into this as it is a red herring.
            “Quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur”
            - Anon

Comment

• accidentally I pushed too fast with out looking

That's not 'pushing the wrong' button though
              But I'll leave it to the Maya: Maya, shall I Return the city to you so that you can correct your mistake, or do you want to leave things as they are?

Comment

• I think the city should be returned.

Actually on second tought I think you guys should find an another out of game opinion on this while the game is paused.

Robert is invovled so it is not right for him to make a decision, I think you guys should ask someone like Ming.
                Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

accidentally I pushed too fast with out looking

That's not 'pushing the wrong' button though
                  But I'll leave it to the Maya: Maya, shall I Return the city to you so that you can correct your mistake, or do you want to leave things as they are?
                  Oh, ok you guys seem to have solved it.
                  Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                  The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                  The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

• Thanks Portugal.
                    I wonder if the Khmer destroyed your armies in the first move or in their 2nd move. I expect it was during their 1st move since I remember reading that the Khmer destroyed some of your armies back then.

Anyway, I'm restarting the server now.

Comment

• Today is the LAST day for voting.
                      Please vote today. Late votes are much extra work for me because I have to recalculate almost everything.

Voted so far:
                      - Greece
                      - Celts
                      - America
                      - Spain
                      - Maya
                      - Russia

Comment

• I think you guys should ask someone like Ming, sounds good. I'm really not up to this decision; I played 3 turns in this game. I really don’t know enough about the rules yet. The only thing I didn’t want and why I wanted a reload is that I don’t want any player to be set back by my mistake….

Comment

Thanks Portugal.
                          I wonder if the Khmer destroyed your armies in the first move or in their 2nd move. I expect it was during their 1st move since I remember reading that the Khmer destroyed some of your armies back then.

Anyway, I'm restarting the server now.
                          It was during the first turn. So there isn't much to get upset over.

When Portugal double moved on Khmer they waited 6 hours. Khmer waited 48 hours, and would risk losing their own turn (including chances to micro, set build orders and all the rest) it isn't fair to demand players skip their own turns because someone else has computer trouble. In good faith Khmer waited as long as possible. Once again for this turn.
                          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• It was during the first turn. So there isn't much to get upset over.
                            That maybe right, but the problem is that the attacking ships were pulled away on the 2nd turn. So Portugal never had the chance to counter the attackers.

Comment

• When Portugal double moved on Khmer they waited 6 hours. Khmer waited 48 hours
                              Wait your are confusing the whole issue here, We had a rule to wait 6 hours and then move. After what happened that time it was decided to drop the 6 hr rule and go with the turn order. Khmer did broke the turn order by taking his turn. Doesn't mater if you had waited 108 hrs Ozzy.

Comment

• Also I am also having a problem that you were the last to take your turn as Khmer. The turn flipped so now how would i know that you didn't move something before i log later in the new turn? Please explain.

I also have to say that i have a problem you subbing for Khmer, many small civs are you vassals (Being the Metalheads) this is giving Khmer much more intel like (seeing more spots on the map, much bias due to being their close friends possible allies now with that continental military pact and better coordination)
                                Last edited by Pitboss Portugal; June 8, 2009, 10:21.

Comment

Working...
                                X