Beyond the Pit [Pitboss Diplomacy Game] [Organization Thread VI]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He also breaks my modem.
    Everytime he has done his 20 login/logout tricks, I have to reboot my modem because my connection became very unstable

Maybe you can look into your configuration, Russia.
    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Not my choice but I cannot seem to hold a connection at the moment unless I login at midnight.

Also anyone else logging in seems to either boot me or just cause the game to hang. I'll try to see whether re-installing my modem does any good but I think it's an ISP issue.
      “Quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur”
      - Anon

Comment

• What kinda configuration do you have, Jon?
        Are you behind a router? Are there multiple pc's connected to that router?
        Are you using a wireless connection? Fixed IP or dynamic IP (within your nat, your set of computers)
        Do you have a firewall running? Perhaps on your router?

Comment

• Wireless, dynamic IP, firewall enabled but ports open.

HRE just kicked me and now I can't get passed Ozzy.

I don't understand this as disabling my firewall seems enough to let others join for on-line games and my firewall shouldn't stop me connecting with an existing player.

AARRGGHHH!!!!
          - Anon

Comment

• Right - Complete re-install of all net kit and search for updated drivers complete. Change of firewall to avg and complete re-install/patching of civIV.

Sweet FA else I can do!
            - Anon

Comment

• Once again a UN vote has gone through without me having the chance to choose.

Is my poor little country so loathed as to be disenfranchised by the World?
              - Anon

Comment

• You should role play it.
                Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• I thought I had! I've been steadily working my way through every World leader to insult but I guess the Greeks were just such rich pickings with all their perversions that I wasted too much time on them.
                  Last edited by St Jon; June 22, 2009, 07:58.
                  - Anon

Comment

• Wow! A one shot Turn - it can be done.

Comment

• Perhaps you should always post an insuling message about Greece/Sparta every you're going to play your turn, apparently that works.
                      When we were at war and you were on fire you never had problems

Comment

• PLEASE ALL READ CAREFULL

Possible solution against the 'pitboss server pop-up hang'

Everytime a player logins to the game, the pitboss server creates a save.
                        B/c we're far into the game the save files are becoming quite large! The server needs quite some time to create this file. This save is being created when you pick your civ and start downloading the game.

Now is it possible that when you, for whatever reason, fail to join the game, you're going to try to join again while the server is still busy saving the save of your failed join.
                        Now the server has to make two save-files for you simultaniously, which is not possible, hence the "Cannot create savefile" popup that occurs.

SOLUTION: if you fail to join the game or drop immediately after joining in, please wait 2-3 minutes before trying again.

That'll help us a lot to overcome the server-hangs that are bothering us all the time lately.

Thanks all! It's really cool that we got such a huge game that far! Despite all our problems! Kudo's to all of us!

Comment

• Has anyone thought to notice that our little Roman friend has missed the last 3 Turns - probably 4 - and likely will miss this one as well?
                          - Anon

Comment

• No, he didn't miss the turns, he only failed to end his turn.
                            But let me pause the game for some investigation.

edit:
                            I don't think there's much to worry about, but perhaps Rome can stop by and say 'hi'
                            He missed one turn.

Last edited by Robert; June 25, 2009, 03:56.

Comment

• He only did that once.
                              - Anon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Plomp View Post
                                No, he didn't miss the turns, he only failed to end his turn.
                                But let me pause the game for some investigation.

edit:
                                I don't think there's much to worry about, but perhaps Rome can stop by and say 'hi'
                                He missed one turn.

Still funny as he owes me stuff in game and not like him to 'forget' such things. Akso he is pretty good at logging out as well.
                                - Anon

Comment

Working...
                                X