No announcement yet.

Beyond the Pit [Pitboss Diplomacy Game] [Organization Thread VI]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portugal: we have waited or 48 hours for you to play, then we decided to move on.
    I was about to pause the game if you were about to miss a 2nd turn.

Khmer did not double move, you missed a turn.
    I am sorry that you did, and I understand that you had some technical problems. Please don't blame us for proceeding the turn after waiting for 48 hours.
    Especially don't blame the Khmer (who btw are currently being subbed)
    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Well ST Jon either reload or i will double move to fix what Khmer has done to Portugal.

If you have a better solution please do share. But as of now it will not WORK the way we are......

Comment

• The game has been paused by request of Rome.

Comment

• Of course I will continue playing even if we do nothing about it, it is just interesting to see how people change from case to case.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Portugal View Post
            You are mistaking Japan, Khmer took his turn on the 6/6/09 I didn't. That was the double move.
            Hmm, sry then, they should had moved in the last hour.

Comment

Well ST Jon either reload or i will double move to fix what Khmer has done to Portugal.

If you have a better solution please do share. But as of now it will not WORK the way we are......

I was not offerring a solution - just clearing up the idea that it was a malicious act by Khmer. It was not and they should not be blamed for anything as all they did was done in good faith.

They are, as Robert says, also being played by a sub, so less likely to follow the Org Thread than normal.
              “Quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur”
              - Anon

Comment

• Well, the question is: how long do we wait for someone?
                I am sure that you agree with me that we can't wait forever and that it's a key element of a pitboss game that people can miss a turn.

The turn timer has been set to 36 hours to give all players time to play their turn in the correct order. When those 36 hours had passed the game was paused for another 12 hours I think.

I agree with you that this it's not good that you missed a turn, but what do you suggest?
                I am fine with reloading. I have a save with 45 minutes on the counter. Both you can Khmer can play there in the correct order, then we have last turn which will be repeated.

Everybody must do the same in that turn (this current turn).
                That's quite complicated b/c of the ongoing wars.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Japan View Post
                  Hmm, sry then, they should had moved in the last hour.
                  Yes, Khmer moved about 30 minutes before the turn timer ended (48 hour after the turn started). I then decided (after we discussed it in this thread) to continue the game.

I was about to pause the game again now Portugal appeared to be going to miss a 2nd turn, which he fortunately didn't.

I really don't like it that Portugal missed a turn, but I think that it's a part of the game that people can miss a turn if they aren't able to play for +-70 hours. I do not blame Portugal for not playing his turn! He's a victim here as well. The question is just: what else can we do?

Comment

• Everybody must do the same in that turn (this current turn).
                    Well except that if the Maya feel they made a mistake by hitting the wrong key at a critical moment, they shoudl have the option to undo that mistake too. (They are new and deserve some slack. This isnt an IG argument - they can do as they wish - but if they hit the wrong key (which is what they have said) they ought to be able to correct the error).

Replaying a turn is always a real pain. In this case it isn't hard for me since I was obeying a cease-fire and didn't move! But I accept that for others it may be more difficult.

Comment

Of course I will continue playing even if we do nothing about it, it is just interesting to see how people change from case to case.
                      Thanks for this awesome attitude!

I'd say: you make the decision.
                      Do you think we were right to continue after waiting for 48 hours, or do you want a reload? If you want a reload I'll immediately start the server, you then have not that much time to make your move, about 20 minutes I'd say, since Khmer must play after you.

Comment

• Well except that if the Maya feel they made a mistake by hitting the wrong key at a critical moment, they shoudl have the option to undo that mistake too. (They are new and deserve some slack. This isnt an IG argument - they can do as they wish - but if they hit the wrong key (which is what they have said) they ought to be able to correct the error).

Well, this is obviously an IG difference since this is about you gaining the city or me gaining the city.
                        But a mistake made is a mistake made. That's also a part of the game.
                        It would be unfair if a reload b/c of Portugal would cause a negative effect to the Greek.

Comment

• I believe it a little more complicated as there was a battle in the North. The Moves may be the same but not the result.
                          - Anon

Comment

• Well, I'm not going to fight over it. But I think you are being unreasonable to the Maya. He has asked here for a reload because of a simple mistake he made of the hitting the wrong key kind. The mistake benefits you.

As Japan said the mistake can be undone in game easily - by you returning the city to the Maya so they can do as they wished with it. That is certainly the sort of solution we would have adopted in other cases. Fine to do that here, I just thought that if there is a reload, why not fix the mistake at source.

So go for teh Japanese solution, fine. Or if there is a reload correct it during that. But simple to ignore Mayan request seems unreasonable to me

Comment

• Also Maya in no way deserve a re-load to correct their own error - nobody does! You make a mistake then that really is just tough. Since Greece can just hand it straight back it also makes no difference anyway.
                              - Anon

Comment

• It was not a wrong key pressed but a wrong decision made (influenced by alcohol, etc.)
                                For the record, if we reload it's up to Maya to do what he wants, but in general a mistake made should not be correctable. Not even if a wrong key was pressed. I have made mistakes as well in the war.

But like I said, I'm fine to leave it up to the Maya if we reload.

Comment

Working...
                                X