Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @ Rome I have no idea how it was not possible for you to end your turn when you spent more than 2 hrs playing your turn.

Comment

• I don't want to be mean,but really. You got more than 2 hours yesterdy then more than two hours this morning. We had some unofficial rule about finishing the turn in one hour-it don't have to be strict, but plase hurry up a bit especially if you cant play simultaneously with anybody else.
      (btw Roosevelt was in for 15 mins, hardly the reason you couldnt finish)
      Last edited by Pitboss Japan; May 28, 2009, 09:13.

Comment

• Rome, is your pc very slow when you play? Does every move take much time?
        Perhaps you could set the graphics settings of civilization very low. That may help a lot.
        Formerly known as "CyberShy"
        Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Maya View Post
          ooc I'm realy sorry that I don't know enough about past events of the game. I can tel you that it's also not easy to play BTs through screenshots. the deal I made with rome looked me the best (and btw it was a fun one to do). I realy love the Role playing aspect of the game..... :-) ty for letting me in.
          (ooc :I don't know the details of your agreement-I'd love to btw.. i have a feeling that your promised land is already occupied by someone else.. and they wont welcome you - Anyway. in diplogames we try not to cripple the defeted civ too much- In maya case the previous leader refused to negotiate peace and gave up playing-so no one objected that Rome continued thier invasion- But now, with a leader who are willing to lead the Mayan nation the Romans are breaking this diplogame rule- I think the "we dont keep capitals and important cities" rule must not be ignored. It was a very unfair move i have to say and stress it that this is my OOC opinion.
          Both the spartan and the roman offer was too hard on you, but it is the roman's which really puts you into a hopeless position. )

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Plomp View Post
            1 hour more, then it's 24 hours since this turn started.
            I then want to finish the turns of America and Oldonia manually.

America (WarningU2) did not respond since I (and others) tried to contact him regarding his message of leaving
            Oldonia (The_Aussie_Lurker) did contact me and asked for his new password.

I hope that America will stay in this game though. Anybody hears anything from him?
            I don't think he checks in but once every few days.

Comment

• I changed my password when I logged in yesterday. Is there a reason it was not retained or was it changed again?

Comment

• Just logged in and I've tumbled down the score list a few spots. Looks like I lost at least 100 points. Can anyone enlighten me?

Comment

• It is temporary because of the vassalage. Everything will go back to normal when the vassalage ends.
                  Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Celts View Post
                    I changed my password when I logged in yesterday. Is there a reason it was not retained or was it changed again?
                    It was not changed, but I doubt that you changed it. To change it you need to retire from the game and re-take your civ. Then you can create a new password.

Perhaps you tried to change it in-game by going to some options screen. That doesn't work.

Comment

• Apologies guys. All done.

I know civstats might look differently, but I played this turn in about 30 minutes, which is about as fast as possible with this many units.

As detailed above, wasn't able to play yesterday evening because Japan hadn't yet. Since then (as civstats shows) each time I got in (takes about 15 mins) I was then ejected by Russia, then Maya, the Durya, then America. Very frustrating on this end too!

Odd because simultaneous play works fine normally - only a couple of days ago I was chatting happily in game with three or four people. The problem seems to be that while it is 'waiting' for someone else to join, the pour computer gets confused and blue screens. I'll try to get it sorted. This morning (at work) I managed to get started when Durya came in, which froze everything although civstats says I was still online. Dodging meetings I was able to try one more time, which almost got it done when America pushed me off, and there was no more oppotunity until now.

So many apologies - its never been like that before. But I can assure you I really am not sitting there spending hours contemplating every move.

Comment

• No problem, Rome!
                        Try to reboot your comp and turn off all progs, especially progs that use the internet.
                        Maybe that helps.

Comment

• @Rome There is something weird with our machines as I cannot connect with you in there - but appear to boot you - but you seem to be able to get in with me. It's obviously all your fault and your need to buy an entirely new PC and change SP.

Comment

• Originally posted by Russia
                            There is something weird with our machines as I cannot connect with you in there - but appear to boot you - but you seem to be able to get in with me.
                            You are obviously more accepting of penetration than I, no no that would be Alexander ...

obviously all your fault and your need to buy an entirely new PC and change SP.
                            I'll tell the missus, but she might take some convincing ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Japan
                              (ooc :I don't know the details of your agreement-I'd love to btw.. i have a feeling that your promised land is already occupied by someone else.. and they wont welcome you - Anyway. in diplogames we try not to cripple the defeted civ too much- In maya case the previous leader refused to negotiate peace and gave up playing-so no one objected that Rome continued thier invasion- But now, with a leader who are willing to lead the Mayan nation the Romans are breaking this diplogame rule- I think the "we dont keep capitals and important cities" rule must not be ignored. It was a very unfair move i have to say and stress it that this is my OOC opinion.
                              Both the spartan and the roman offer was too hard on you, but it is the roman's which really puts you into a hopeless position. )
                              This is utter crap. In game we all accuse each other of all sorts but this is an OOC attack on me that I am breaking some diplo rule and you are spouting utter ignorance. The deal the Mayan have from me secures their future in this game, and is hugely favourable to them. I have just handed over twice as many Roman cities to the Maya than I receive from them, including resources like uranium, iron, silver, gems. Sure its a different deal than the one offered them by Sparta, and it was a good in-game fight over which way Maya was going to go. In game, all is fair in love and war. But don't accuse me OOC of breaking rules when (a) I haven't and (b) you are speaking from complete ignorance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Rome View Post
                                This is utter crap. In game we all accuse each other of all sorts but this is an OOC attack on me that I am breaking some diplo rule and you are spouting utter ignorance. The deal the Mayan have from me secures their future in this game, and is hugely favourable to them. I have just handed over twice as many Roman cities to the Maya than I receive from them, including resources like uranium, iron, silver, gems. Sure its a different deal than the one offered them by Sparta, and it was a good in-game fight over which way Maya was going to go. In game, all is fair in love and war. But don't accuse me OOC of breaking rules when (a) I haven't and (b) you are speaking from complete ignorance.
                                ((OOC)):
                                Ignorance??
                                6.2.3 Measured war
                                War must be measured. Take maybe 2-3 cities and then sue for peace. Taking capitals or major wonder cities is also very discouraged, though allowed if you intend to give them back after the war in exchange for reparations. This is where colonial territory comes in. India and China may go to war and China may capture part of mainland India and sue for peace. Rather than holding onto this important piece of the India homeland, China returns that territory and India gives up some overseas possessions. Wars should be waged for tactical gains, not to cripple an opponent

You got the rest of the good cities and gave them some 2-4 pop cities. (land scattered into 3 part) I wonder: how many buildings are there? wonders? settled great persons? academies? cottages? other improvements? They stay in game yes, but they become a totally non factor- i dont think you can tell this about Japan.

i dont care btw: if Maya want to play a pure rp game then do so, but this is still my opinion and if we dont want to have this rule (it is a current rule) for future game then i wouldnt mind

Edit*
                                Giving some afterthought: maybe using the "breaking the rules" words by me was unfortunate, because the Mayan player was not forced to accept that deal, so I apologize for that.
                                However I'm questioning that the new player knew this "measured war" rule-he should had had the right to get back _important_ cities after the war by giving up a few not that important city. So sorry if it seems very unfair for me especially to a new player. (just for the record . as i said before: the spartan offer was unrealistic as well-not this much, but still)
                                Last edited by Pitboss Japan; May 29, 2009, 15:17.

Comment

Working...
                                X