This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow what drama

Here's an idea ... no double move rule. It seems that is the sore point here so if all players have the same advantage or opportunity to time their move to abuse a game deficiency .... then there would be no issue.

Honestly double move rules we're a black hole to me ... 6 hr rule I found too complicated. I had no idea what the rule was but it didn't bother me.
    Personally I have no intention of following the rule. I would obey a turn order not to screw another player I was at war with but I'm not watching the clock to see when I can and can't that religiously ... sometimes I miss a turn who cares.

You guys all take this far too friggin seriously. Its a game. Are we playing or not?

Comment

• I think you make it more complicated. Sticking to the time window is hard and caused the last problem. In this format you are free to always move at the same time of the day. (though it would be better if everyone moves as soon as possible to delay the game as little as possible)

The 48 hours is to warrant enough time for everyone.
      If everybody just finishes his turn the 48 hours won't be needed anyway. Remember that we can't change the turn-timer during the turn. I can only change it for the next turn.
      Formerly known as "CyberShy"
      Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Are we playing or not?

Yes, we are playing.
        And regarding the 'no double move rule' suggestion, I'd say that I agree with you there if this last chance to get a working dm rule fails again. Let's try this 'always stick to the turn order' first.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Plomp View Post
          I think you make it more complicated. Sticking to the time window is hard and caused the last problem.
          The "no double move" rule is in itself sticking to a time window- I mean you cant play in the 47th hour if your opponents are still waiting for you- sure it's easier to follow if the turn timer is 48h but that is just too slow. very very very very sloooooooooowwwwww

The cause of the last problem was not this, but the 6 hour rule. In my proposal portugal simply should have asked a pasue if he was not sure he can play later.
          But the most important thing in my version is this: ask for pause whenever you need, but dont make the turn timer to 48h because it makes the game too slow

Comment

• Is it too much to ask that we stop posting pics that break the thread?

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Plomp View Post
              For the record, I disagree with Celt's remark that we have to 'right a wrong': there is no rulebreaking wrong. We've had situations before where the rules were 'quirky' but we always sticked to that rule (and changed it afterwards).
              You've completely blown my mind here. You admitted to making a mistake. Why did you seem so reluctant to correct the mistake regardless of what "official" rules were in place.
              Last edited by Pitboss Celts; May 26, 2009, 09:34.

Comment

• Can we expect then that from now until the end of the game we are on a 48 hour turn, as I expect there to always be a war somewhere.

Comment

• oeps

Comment

• @Celts: With the knowledge of now I would not have made the turn shorter. imho that's more a "lesson learned" thing then a "something we must blame RP for" thing. Maybe you're not completely aware of what happened. I was not a part of the problem.

Comment

• I personally reckon that war or no war 48hrs is preposterous. Pausing after wartime moves should be enough as it ensures no participant in war loses their turn but also makes it impossible for the game to be held up for 2 days by someone skipping a turn altogether. With pauses and a 48hr clock this game will never end. Bit like chinese water torture!

At least we now know that the way to get mmc to play his turns is to keep him under permanent threat of England being handed to someone else.
                      “Quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur”
                      - Anon

Comment

• Pausing the game is quite complicated.
                        in-game pause can't be unpaused if the player has a trade screen when he logsin.
                        Not to mention that players may unpause and forget to pause.

real-pause means that nobody can play anymore and the player who still needs to play, and the host, have to be online at the same time to make an agreement on the right time to unpause.

If all players just make their moves in time (check civstats, and move when possible) then we should finish all turns within 24 hours.
                        I don't really understand why Celts and AMerica didn't move yet, both posted in this thread after the game had been unpaused.

Comment

• OK, Robert, but I still reckon 48hrs is well OTT!

It actually means something like 55hrs in real time and at that rate we might as well be playing PBEM.

Has there been a Turn in living memory where nobody at all has skipped?
                          “Quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur”
                          - Anon

Comment

• It has certainly been a while. But we just have three to go. And England & Maya both moved. So that bode's well.
                            Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• I am unable to join the game ... connecting to host just loops

Is this right ? We're at a 48 hr timer? For what reason?

I do not want to continue this game with a 48 hr turn. 21 hrs (approx a new turn a day) is what was initially advertised.

Let me know when you decide to play a reasonable timer and I'll attempt to connect again.

Comment

• The sooner you play your turn the sooner the next turn will start.
                                Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Working...
                                X