Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just thinking of some thing here. Do you need to have a membership of a certain status to make the picture attachments work? Thus the reason our diplo memberships can't post. I know the Khmer had problems as well. Ozzy - try posting with a Diplo-Metal log in.

Comment

• Ok - just successfully posted an attachment using my regular Poly log-in in an un-related and old demo game thread. Re-trying here with my diplo game log in.

Every upload I tried failed. What gives?

Comment

• exactly what I was thinking HRE

Comment

• We aren't idiots, are we?

Comment

• I am now convinced it is a question of your membership/status.

I went to a pbem tracker file with this Apolyton log in, and could not upload a picture attachment. Switched to my regular Poly log-in, and was successful in posting the same attachment I failed with the other log-in.

CS - any thoughts on what we do about this?

I worked for awhile in paint shop to make my map of the Incan war - I now I can't post it.

Comment

• I don't understand how Korea posts and doesn't end turn?

Only need three to end...

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Khmer View Post
                I don't understand how Korea posts and doesn't end turn?

Only need three to end...
                Probably because he might not be at a computer that has Civ right now? Although I think he is, what with his broken leg and all.

BTW, I've already expressed my sympathies to you Tony, but here's the public version Get well Soon.
                Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
                "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

• I'll bring the upload issue to the staff room.
                  It's not possible for you guys to upload the images somewhere else, a personal or public server, and then just use the img tag to show it here?
                  Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                  Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• What's wrong with Toni?

Is he OK?

Comment

• I am Tony. The reason I haven't been "finishing" my turns is well, technically I am not "not finishing" my turns. I have jack-**** going on right now in my game, so I'm on autopilot, for the most part. Also I have to work from home now, which isn't really a huge hassle (I still have time to work on other civ-related things I'm doing) but what winds up happening is that I look and see the timer has like 10 hours on it and say "alright, I can play my turn in like five hours," then my leg starts to hurt and I have to elevate it, so I get up and do that, then I come back "oh look four more hours, I'm good" and I do it again. Then I "miss" my turn, but I am actually not missing anything (except maybe diplomatic messages), since I set up what I need done ahead of time (like unit movements or building orders). So basically sorry to waste your time, I'll try and be more mindful of it. If you have a trade for me or something, or want me to finish my turn either PM me or E-Mail me and more than likely I'll hop right on and do it. Before I was hurt I had a regular time I played my turn on, if anyone kept track of the times I took my turn it was either at lunch (between 11 and 1) or in the early evening (around 6 pm), now that I have such a huge window I've been taking more advantage of it.

Plus there is nothing going on in Korea, which explains my ridiculous, hardly civ-related, posts.

Sorry though.
                      "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

• for The Capo!
                        I hope you'll be better soon!

No problems about the turns, as long as you're not the one who's "holding up" the turn. (unfortunately there are mostly 2 or 3 other players who aren't doing their turns as well)
                        But if you're the last one: please finish it quickly!

Comment

• Of course, if there are two civs at war, and an un-associated 3rd party is holding up the turn timer, there could be an argument for using that to enforce the double turn rule... not sure how, but it's just a thought.
                          Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
                          "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

• Originally posted by CyberShy View Post
                            I'll bring the upload issue to the staff room.
                            Thanks CS.

It's not possible for you guys to upload the images somewhere else, a personal or public server, and then just use the img tag to show it here?
                            Hmmm. Will try it.

Also - if I forwarded the jpeg image to you, could you attach it to my War History post??

Comment

• Ok - once I have a pic on another server - in this case Hotmail, then what do I do??

Comment

• Can we see that pic without having to login to hotmail?

you can place it by posting:
                                Code:
                                [img]http://www.locationofyourpicture/picture.jpg[img]

Comment

Working...
                                X