This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pitboss Greece View Post
    I will not move or upgrade anything NEXT TURN (I Obviously already did this turn) in the area around Thebes / Knossos / etc. and even stop all reinforcements that were sent into that direction from whereever in my land. This includes the frigate.

Let's move on now.
    Alright, good luck.
    "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

• Well, the Maya official / Sparta order is:
      1. Sparta
      2. Maya

The official Korea / Sparta order is:
      1. Korea
      2. Sparta

I mostly can play my turns pretty often, so if Korea will play early as well Maya will have plenty of time.
      Formerly known as "CyberShy"
      Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• So its Korea, Sparta, Maya then. Okay good. Would you totally mind replying to my PMs though. I have to work early and I would appreciate your replies so I can finish my turn. Thanks.

EDIT: So next turn I am supposed to go first, then you do your move (or non-move turn rather), then Maya?
        "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

• Yes.
          Maybe I'll move my Mayan stuff first to give Maya an early possibility anyway.
          I won't move my Korean-area army anyway. (As promised)

Comment

• I'll organize theads and voting later today.

Further: happy belated birthday Capo!
            Formerly known as "CyberShy"
            Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Thank you Ozzy, Jrabbit, Ming and Rah.

I suggest that we leave all of this now for a week. Then we look back at the rule and associated text. Capo helpfully reprinted it here, but in fact in other situations e.g. involving me and the Maya the pause and reload was not followed either, becuase very understandable by the time there was clarity on the situation reloading had too great an impact on others. So perhaps - particularly if there is more war ahead - it would be useful to revisit. But lets not do it now since (a) we are all fed up of it and (b) we need to get some distance from this dispute.

Anyone care to play Civ?

Comment

• On that note, I think now is a great time to open up a new thread.
                Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Beyond the Pit [Pitboss Diplomacy Game] [Organization Thread V]

This is the Fifth Organization Thread for the Pitboss Diplomacy Game: Beyond the Pit

Use the Story Thread for in-game purposes.

Important links:
                  CivStats for this game
                  gmail login for this game

Story Thread Part 1 (July-August)
                  Story Thread Part 2 (September)
                  Story Thread Part 3 (October)
                  Story Thread Part 4 (November)
                  Story Thread Part 5 (December 2008)
                  Story Thread Part 6 (January 2009)
                  Story Thread Part 7 (February 2009)
                  Story Thread Part 8 (March 2009)
                  Story Thread Part 9 (April 2009)

Organisation Thread Part 1
                  Organisation Thread Part 2
                  Organisation Thread Part 3
                  Organisation Thread Part 4

Tech Trade Thread
                  LOGOUT (to login with your real or pitboss account)

IP: plomp.eu:2062

-----------------------------------------------
                  You can mail to the following mail-addresses:
                  [civname]@diplo.plomp.eu

if plomp.eu mail is down use the alternate address:

[civname]@diplo.plomp.eu.test-google-a.com (instead of [civname@diplo.plomp.eu)
                  -----------------------------------------------

Voting

Every 1st day of the month we will start voting for the best players in 3 categories during the last month.

We vote in 3 categories:
                  1. story telling
                  2. diplomacy
                  3. military strategy

We send in a top-3 list for every category.

Story telling is about submitting interesting stories to the story thread in any format.

Diplomacy is about being able to reach your goals through diplomacy in any way.

Military strategy is about making very tactical strategical moves and decisions. (make sure you post evidence about this in the story thread!)
                  NB: this category isn't meant only for the war-winners. Someone can lose a war because he's a weaker player, but made some brilliant moves. In this thread we can award him for that. The game-scorelist will reward players for winning wars.

Every player is free to pick 3 players in every category. No more! Less (or none) is possible if you can't choose. It would be cool if you could include reasons for the vote.

Rules for voting:
                  1. send them in before the 4th of the month!
                  2. votes send in after the 4th of the month do not count
                  3. players who didn't vote for a specific month will not gain vote-points for that specific month
                  4. voting happens through the anonymous mail address
                  5. votes stay unknown till the end of the game (to avoid political votes)
                  6. votes are being send to vote@diplo.plomp.eu or votes@diplo.plomp.eu
                  vote@diplo.plomp.eu.test-google-a.com also works.
                  7. The mail subject includes "votes round x"
                  8. You can't vote for yourself
                  9. The vote-mailbox that receives all votes will remain closed till the game has been finished. Then we will all receive the password and be able to read/count the votes and read the comments.

The #1 in each category earn 3 points, #2 earns 2 points, #3 earns 1 point.

This will result in 4 scorelists (3 above mentioned categories + the gamescore list)

All players will receive points for their position in all of these 4 lists. 18 points for the #1's, 17 points for the #2's, ...... 1 point for the #18's

The sum of these points tells us who won this game.

Conclusion, the winner is determined by:
                  25% gamescore
                  25% story telling
                  25% diplomacy
                  25% military strategy

----------------------------------

Rules:

- 15 tech trade rule
                  Every civilization in this game is allowed to trade away 15 techs. It is also allowed to trade away the right to trade a tech to another civilization.

It matters not what the away trading civilization gets in return. It matters not if it is a small technology (ie. fishing) or a big technology (ie. Fusion).

If civ A trades Philosophy to civ B which returns both Monotheism and Masonry, then Civ A loses 1 right to trade a tech away (tech voucher) and Civ B loses 2 rights to trade a tech away (2 tech vouchers).

If Player A trades away Philosophy to civ B which returns the right to trade away a tech, then Civ 1 loses and wins 1 tech voucher (thus: the number of techs he can trade away remains the same) while Civ B loses 1 right to trade away a tech.

If Civ A gives Theology to Civ B, then Civ A loses 1 right to trade away a tech (loses 1 tech voucher).

- 6 hours time between moving during (pre) war-time
                  Civilizations that are at war or want to declare war have to wait 6 hours after the turn started if they were the last of their opponent(s) to play their turn during the last turn. When all opponents have moved before those 6 hours have passed the player can play as well.

Thus, a civ at war or intending to declare war in the current turn can play their turn when:
                  - His opponent(s) played their last turn after he has played his last turn
                  - 6 hours have passed since the new turn started
                  - all his opponents have moved during this turn

The spirit of this rule is more important then the letter of the rule.
                  Key is: if a player in a (pre) war situation gets advantage because of non-turn-based gaming (where turn-based means: all players move in the same order every turn) then this will fall under the "No double move during (pre) war time" rule.

At the other side: if no damage has been done despite a double-move has been played then we will just continue playing without any corrections.
                  Damage is done when the player against whom a double move has been played is being disadvantaged in a (pre) war situation.

--------------------------
                  If any civilization violetes these rules the game will be paused and the concequences will be decided.
                  If damage has been done then the game will be reloaded back to the last available save on the Pitboss Server. The Pitboss Server saves every turn and keeps all saves till the game has finished.

Possible penalties, besides loading the last save are:
                  - removing all or a % of the votes the violator receives in a certain month or all months in a certain category or all categories
                  - The loss of tech vouchers (a few or all)
                  - removed from the game
                  - a warning (a player can only receive 1 warning)

This depends on the seriousness of the violation, which is not only determined by the damage being done but also by the reasons and attitude of the violater.'
                  Last edited by Robert; April 16, 2009, 09:06. Reason: Placed original rules back. Don't change these rules without consensus!!!!!
                  Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• For voting purposes what Round is this. February, Game Year at 28/02/09 or Turn No. at 28/02/09. If last 2 what was the Game Year/Turn No.?

Comment

Working...
                    X