X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have to agree with the Celts.

Diplo - Diplomacy = What ever.

If a person is familiar wirh a "Diplomacy" game, then he/she would be a perfect fit for a Diplo game.

Yes, a Diplo game takes more story telling to justify your actions within the game.

But in the end, does it really matter?!?

In the end, we are all civers. So let's move on.

Comment

• It obviosuly doenst matter to the people in this game excvept to me.

Story telling is what makes this game fun for me.

The rest of it is just CIV and I dont like CIV becasue i suck at CIV.

It is jsut my opinion and i am entitled to it.

DIPLO used to be fun becasue of the story telling. Now it appears to be different and that is fine, you are the people playing the game so post as little as you like, everyone esle is appreciative of the fact tht a game is going on .

Everyone esle apart from me LOVES CIV. So they have less care or concern over the other out of game stuff.

Comment

• Hell, I suck at story telling and quite frankly, I am not that great with CIV either. But I do like playing Civ and this is my first Diplo game...so I am dealing with it all as I can.

Comment

• I was always under the impression that Diplogame was just short-hand for Diplomacy Game. Am I wrong about this? Any old diplogamers want to respond to this?
          "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

• Shhh...I was as well Capo..but you know, if they smell our fear - we are both DEAD MEAT!

Comment

• Considering a lot of nonsense that goes on in this thread I think that smell is something else...
              "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

• Touche'

Comment

• Too much talk!!! I have other responsibilities you should be knowink.

I cannot honestly vote over the september story thread for the following reasons:
                  * I have not been following it from the start.
                  *I will not read 15 pages of story, even if it's good, because it is just TOO much, and much of it is just drama drama drama. I prefer action, thriller and komedy. 15 pages of internal dynastic drama not appeal to me.
                  * I have other things to do!

I will try to keep up with October, but there is beink already 3 pages.

As for the diplo debate discussion, I do no be knowink what you are talkink about. More drama. Read Dostojevskij if you want to write drama.

Comment

• Russia, you can read very fast through the threads, and decide to read a few stories that grab your attention.
                    That's a part of storytelling as well, grabbing someone's attention. Writers that are able to grab your attention while you only have say 10-15 minutes to read 30 pages of stories deserve your vote.

Regarding diplomacy and military, that may be a bit harder. Oftenly diplomatic actions are easily recognizable in the story thread, and quite easy to read. Sometimes it's easy to reckognize a 'winner' in diplomatic battle. And since wars are oftenly only an extention of diplomacy you can base your war-votes on the same thing.
                    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• I'd be careful to assume too much Russia, what you consider to be dynastic squabbling is often a set of anecdotes explaining what is going on within the country both in game and in character. I think the amount of stories is another proof that there are too many countries in this particular game. But in my mind this is what you signed up for, and it doens't really take that long to read a few pages of stories, if you give yourself a half an hour a week to do it its very easy to read everything. Of course when you have a pressing issue it is better to check it more times a week.

Honestly I have never heard so much complaining about stories in a F*CKING DIPLOGAME. Didn't you guys know what a diplogame was?

One Love.

Comment

• I'm sorry that I said it like that, but honestly stupid garbage like this doesn't help anything.

Originally posted by Pitboss Russia
                        I cannot honestly vote over the september story thread for the following reasons:
                        * I have not been following it from the start.
                        *I will not read 15 pages of story, even if it's good, because it is just TOO much, and much of it is just drama drama drama. I prefer action, thriller and komedy. 15 pages of internal dynastic drama not appeal to me.
                        * I have other things to do!

....more drama. Read Dostojevskij if you want to write drama.
                        Especially coming from somone who hardly posts. Granted; I haven't been posting the past week, but that's because I am busy with work and I take time to write up my posts, so going a week without posting is fine (BTW I should have a lot of material up VERY soon) if that's all you can muster. But to come around say you haven't been following the storylines from the start, saying its too much to read (when its your fault for not doing so from the begining), and then to say that you won't read "15" pages of stories because you prefer action, is just ridiculous. Does this person not know this is a Diplogame? Does this person not know what a diplogame is?

Honestly I really hope you have other things to do because you certainly aren't playing in this diplogame, and his final comment is just completely pointless.

Look, some of us may argue a lot, some of us may do things others don't agree with, and some of us probably should post more or vote for the wrong people. But this kind of attitude is not what we need in a diplogame, and I'm sorry if this sounds rude but this jackass has already delayed the game enough, he has already left twice for a protracted period of time without giving a good damn explanation, and then returns to complain that he shouldn't have to read this stuff because he has better things to do and he hasn't been reading the whole time anyway?

That's just ridiculous guys. Do we want QUANTITY or do we want QUALITY? That's why I think there are too many people in this game, and that's why I think we should have dropped Russia two months ago.

So I don't know, this is kind of a rant, but this moron deserves it.

And if I haven't pissed him off, please allow me to do so...

F*CK YOU RUSSIA

Peace.

One Love.

Comment

• wel lwe got 18 players now so lets stick with them

But i think the biggest issue with the 18 players we got is so many joined without relaising the committment needed.

It is the main reason i have not played a DIPLO game for years. Couldnt committ to the time to play and post storys.

With Pitboss the play time is easier.

But now i find most of my stories are not read.

hmmm

no wonder some people dont know what Yellocacia is and how vlauable it is.

Comment

• I wasn't suggesting getting rid of any countries Ras, just players. I honestly think Russia should have been booted at least a month ago, and my point is if you guys think mere quantity is more important than quality we're bound to get votes that don't make ANY sense (like CS pointed out) and people like the Russian player who dont' read anything or care to hijacking the game from the rest of us. Yeah we have 18 now, and I think we should stick with 18 countries. I just dont' think we have 18 players, let alone 18 of the right kind of people.

The next game should be 10 to 12 at the most.

One Love.

Comment

• maybe we shouild tkae multiple civs each capo, we could handle it , we got split personalties.

I play Oldonia nad Russia you play Korea and Rome...

Comment

• The Capo, it doesn't matter if there are 4, 8, 100 or 32676 players in a game, there'll always be more involved people and less involved people. We have to deal with that.

And there's certainly no reason to talk people straight to the bottom of the pit.

You guys (Capo, Raz) should stop trying to talk about the perfect diplogame since that's never going to happen. We have to deal with imperfect people thus our games will be imperfect as well.

Later, when we're living on the renewed earth we'll be playing perfect diplogames, I'm sure John said something about that in revelations
                                Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                                Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Working...
                                X