This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Both.

There were two or three other posts the page before.
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Ok "good to see" i am not the only one having trouble to log in. What happens to me is quite similar to what Celts describes.

What's the purpose of this post ? Well... I don't know. Nevermind...

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyKP
        See story posts... obviously....
        I'm on holiday, can only connect to the internet a few times a day for a short time through a cell phone connection, and you still blame me for not being up to date on story reading
        Formerly known as "CyberShy"
        Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Originally posted by CyberShy
          @Celts, you had troubles last week as well? For the rest of us the troubles are only since yesterday.

I saw that you logged in and finished your turn a few hours ago. I assumed everything was ok. (except that you didn't wait 3 minutes to play the next turn as well).
          I have not finished a turn since Saturday or Sunday. Last week, I frequently timed out trying to connect. I even posted on one occassion and received a message saying you could see nothing wrong. I just tried to connect again today and it connected very quickly. However, out of 3 attempts, all of them dropped connection when downloading the game information.

Comment

• yes still probelms...

i getto civ sleevt scren then lose conenction to host..

Comment

• I've had no problems connecting to the game.

Comment

• @Celts: your problems are 'older' then the current problems. That's most probably a setting at your side since normally noody except you has problems.

@Everyone

Right now there's a huge speed performance problem at my internet connection at home. There's nothing I can do about it right now
                Just keep trying, according to civstats most get in after 10 minutes of trying.

Comment

• @Celts: checking out your log on civstats, I see you only having login-problems today.
                  You tried once at 6.43 (civstats time) and you tried twice from 11.59 - 12.03

Before that you were able to finish your turn every time you tried to login.

First about todays problems: keep trying! So far you've only spent about 5 minutes to get into the game. In normal situations that would be enough, but right now there are some problems. Everyone who tries a few times gets in.

About your older problems, what are those exact problems? You apparently never connect since it makes no log about it on civstats. What error do you get? It's surely a different error then the error you get right now.

And all people drop connection during downloading.
                  Just try again. 4th or 5th attempts work.
                  Remember that the 2nd half of the download-bar proceeds much faster then the first half!

It sucks, but there's nothing we can do about it right now (ok, I could drive home and try to fix whatever problem there is, but that's not going to hapen )

Comment

• For the record, I have not had any connection problems for the life of this game so far. Also, as the son of a telecoms engineer, I've had my fair share of experiences with different ISP's and Telecoms Firms. Basically, my guess is that whilst Cyber's ISP seems to be fairly good quality (XS-4-ALL - I looked it up ), the phone line at his new house probably isn't so good (The technical term is 'Crap').

On a different note, I'm moving back to uni again, so I won't be able to play this turn (and possibly the next 2 - worst case). My PC is packed away, and I can't be bothered to deal with my laptop tonight, so I'm stuck posting here on my PDA, which can't play Civ (even though it has its own graphics co-processor and a mouse! - So I suppose FreeCiv might not be out of the question... Myst and Riven certainly work fine ).
                    Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
                    "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

• Connecting

For the last few turns my connection to the game is extremely sloooooow. Is something going on with the server. Also my last two attempts have seen Pacal as a connected peer. These were 1/2 hour apart.

Comment

• Originally posted by CyberShy
                        @Celts: checking out your log on civstats, I see you only having login-problems today.
                        You tried once at 6.43 (civstats time) and you tried twice from 11.59 - 12.03

Before that you were able to finish your turn every time you tried to login.

First about todays problems: keep trying! So far you've only spent about 5 minutes to get into the game. In normal situations that would be enough, but right now there are some problems. Everyone who tries a few times gets in.

About your older problems, what are those exact problems? You apparently never connect since it makes no log about it on civstats. What error do you get? It's surely a different error then the error you get right now.

And all people drop connection during downloading.
                        Just try again. 4th or 5th attempts work.
                        Remember that the 2nd half of the download-bar proceeds much faster then the first half!

It sucks, but there's nothing we can do about it right now (ok, I could drive home and try to fix whatever problem there is, but that's not going to hapen )
                        Civstats is incorrect or someone has been logging into my account. I did not finish a turn Monday and did not try to log in that day as I was too busy. Typically, I try for 15 - 30 minutes. I go back and forth between civ4 and other windows while waiting to log in. When the login doesn't work, I try again and again and again, until I just give up. 4th, 5th, 6th, ...nth attempts do not work. I have yet to get to the second half of the download bar since trying this week.

Tonight, I am able to get to the civ selection screen and enter my password (eventually) and then the globe spins and spins and spins. I have been trying for the last half hour. I have watched a whole episode of The Office in that time span. It seems like Pacal is logged in and I am connecting through him. Maybe I could get in if he was not playing right now.

Every error I experience is either a time out issue or the game never connects.

How about nobody plays and we back the game up to Monday when you get back?

EDIT***
                        After 45 minutes, I finally connected and got into the game to make my moves.
                        Last edited by Pitboss Celts; September 16, 2008, 22:50.

Comment

• you wont get many people willing to bac kup a few turns..

But i tihnk if need be it is an option..

For agame that is going to go for two years a couple of days repeat not so bad.

If you happy to continue celts then so be it.

But if you missed to omuch stuff and need help then weshoudl back it up.

Comment

HEY EVERYONE THE DIPLOGAME MOD IS FINISHED!!!!!

Or at least the first version is. I couldn't e-mail it like previously planned, but its ready to go, and you can download it by CLICKING HERE!

Here are a few notes and things I would like everyone to try and do;

1) Please check the civlopedia when you load the mod to make sure everything works (check all of the new leaderheads, make sure there are fourteen inquisitors with theology the religion and a cathedral as their prereqs, make sure there are missionaries for all fourteen religions, make sure there are buildings for all of the new religions, make sure the spies have the new promotions)

2) Remember to play a CUSTOM GAME and select CHOOSE RELIGIONS to see the new religions, make sure the symbols are right and look polished.

3) Make sure the Inquisitors work. You should ONLY be able to build them under the Paganism, Theocracy, and Organized Religion civics. And under Paganism and Theocracy they require the state-religion to be present in the city AND a cathedral from that religion (under Theology they can be built without cathedrals).

4) Take time to look around, check out the new civ colors and flags, check out their new unit-styles, and city-styles. I worked hard to make this good so I want to make sure everyone is happy with it.

AGAIN CILCK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE MOD!

OH YEAH; It is called Varietas Delectat, that is not a mistake, I haven't changed the name on the file yet, my fault.

"Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

• "We have lost our connection to the host"

Comment

• Portugal was able to take his turn with no problemos

Comment

Working...
                                X