Beyond the Pit [Pitboss Diplomacy Game] [Tech Trade Thread]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beyond the Pit [Pitboss Diplomacy Game] [Tech Trade Thread]

This thread to be used exclusively for the formal posting of tech trades. This is so it can be tracked. Declaring the trade of either "TECH" or "TECH VOUCHERS" in this thread is mandatory.

As agreed upon before the game, every civ starts the game with 15 TECH VOUCHERS.

TECH VOUCHER: The right to trade/give a single tech. Receving tech does not affect your voucher count.

Note: Vouchers can be traded as a commodity, however it must be posted here just like an actual tech trade. This is for ease of tracking. Only the person trading away a voucher is required to post, and must declare who is receving the voucher, and how many they have remaining.

Also note: When one civ trades a tech in exchange for a tech, both players must post to this thread. They would post what they traded, but are not required to post who it was to, or what they got in exchange. Include how many vouchers you have remaining after the trade.

--------------------------
    Vouchers used:

[Check the last update in the thread as being posted by CyberShy]
    Last edited by Robert; October 7, 2008, 14:34.

EXAMPLE

Traded Alphabet. 14 vouchers remaining.

Comment

EXAMPLE

Traded 2 vouchers to Russians. 12 vouchers remaining.

Comment

Sorry to bring more overhead into the game, but with 18 players playing over a period of 2 years I felt it would be helpful to track it this way.

This allows us to not only keep each other honest, but also a reference for ourselfs as to how many vouchers we have left.

Comment

Are you sure the game is going to last two years?
          "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

Rules schmules....

If i trade a tech it will be in secret like everything esle going on.

I owuldnt want any one to know anything.

Comment

Originally posted by The Capo
              Are you sure the game is going to last two years?
              For some...
              "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
              *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

Originally posted by Pitboss Vikings
                Rules schmules....

If i trade a tech it will be in secret like everything esle going on.

I owuldnt want any one to know anything.
                No, this is important Vikings. It's needed for game balance. Trust the experience of the vet pros...
                "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
                *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

I understand the need for tracking but please clarify posts required. From my reading.

If I stated "military tradition" traded, 12 trade vouchers unused" ... would that be correct?

If I stated "1 voucher traded to Mayans, 11 trade vouchers unused" ... would that be correct?

I would rather not state which civ received the actual tech but I see the need to state if vouchers are recieved. Is the above understanding of what posts are required correct?
                  Last edited by Pitboss America; July 13, 2008, 11:48.

Comment

Is the above understanding of what posts are required correct?
                    Exactly. You do not have to declare who got the tech, just the name of the tech.

Trading vouchers you have to declare who got them, so tallys can be adjusted.

Trust the experience of the vet pros...
                    Don't lump me in that group. I don't want the Mayans angry at me.

Comment

I really wish that post was never made, there is no way to lump a bunch of people together when he was clearly targeting two players; deity and Ozzy.

People were lumped into groups so it didn't look like a personal attack.

People are only called vets because they've been playing diplogames a long time and have shown their ability to put up with the bull****, or at least accept it. There is no playstyle that all the vets share, believe me.
                      "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

again, rules schmules...

Comment

Why do you have to report the tech that you traded?

One Love.

Comment

Vikings, the 15 tech trade rule was established prior to the game starting.

You are expected to adhere to it, and for the sake of tracking, posting trades in this thread.

Why do you have to report the tech that you traded?
                            This allows for verification of the tech trade. At least that was the reason for stating the tech when we used a tech trade cap last time.

Comment

Why would someone falsely say they traded a tech though?

That doesn't make sense to me at all, I think its invasive.

One Love.

Comment

Working...
                              X