This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @ CS : Hmmm... Java-chat ?

@ America : Blue Marble graphics i'd guess.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Japan
      sure defending works but diplomacy will get you farther then any arms can ever take you.
      Aww Japan that's sweet.

And by the way, we have an America?!?!?!

Comment

• Japan would rather burn to the ground then become anyone's vassel thought if anyone wants Japan's great power to protect them then Japan will exept payments in gold.

Comment

• Can we please go back to what we agred at the start of the game about the timer? It is really unfair on those who do not have the time to play both day and night. I thought we had agreed at the start of the game that the first 100 turns would be fast and then w revert back to a more normal time. If we do not move back to that agreement then simply I have to quit since I am missing way too many turns when it is vital not to be missing them.

Comment

• @ classical_hero

I guess you did not read the posts above, we agreed that we will revert back to a longer timer around turn 130.

Comment

• That is CS's call i guess. Again i am ok with a slower timer - just all please try to take your turn when you can. Lets not try to run the max!

Comment

• Ermm... CS obviously doesn't know about PolyChat or is it dead?

If it still works, click the link near the top of this very page (the one that says "Live Chat: Enter") that'll take you to Java IRC. The alternative is to use IM, it doesn't really matter which. I have Ozzy, LZ, Deity, OverloadUT (the creator of CivStats), and a couple of others, so I can chat away happily

EDIT: PolyChat is not dead, only the settler bot that updates the list of people in the chat room is dead... When you join the IRC server try looking for the BeyondThePit (all one word) channel .
                Last edited by MMC; July 23, 2008, 12:09.
                Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
                "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

• I can go to polychat my computer at work keeps blocking it.

Comment

• To ROME, try to press enter when you take your turn next time please . Holding the turn is a bad bad thing!!!

Comment

• Since one of the players can't play two turns per day I'll stick to the original agreement and switch back to 24h turns.

@CH: did you try to play 'double moves'. (ie. login 5 minutes before the end of the turn and play turns)?

Maybe you can let us know if you somewhere in the future can play 2 turns a day again.

@All: I'm sorry, but we should respect the original agreements. We can only change if everyone agrees. Use the extra time to write good stories

I can't lower the timer right now. (my server is in my sons room, who just went to sleep 15 minutes ago. If I enter the room to change the timer he'll start begging for attention again)
                      Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                      Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• CS just so you know 90% of the pitboss games are 20hrs.

20hrs is reasonable. 24% is just lame!!!!

And about Classical Hero - he had no problems playing a game with a 16hr timmer just a year ago.

Comment

• I am playing with him in another pitboss game currently and the timer is 20hrs. He hasn't said anything against it.

So set it between 16-20hrs

Comment

• @ CS

back to a more normal time
                            CH said that - which doesn't mean 24hr. Increase it a bit see how he feels about it 1st before shooting the rest of us with a 24hr timer!

Comment

• I agree with whatever results in a shorter time than 24 hours.

Comment

• CH, is a 16h turner ok with you?
                                Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                                Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Working...
                                X