This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pitboss Greece

To some of the much posting civs, sometimes it's hard for me to keep up with your stories. I simply can't read 3 pages of stories every day. And when you get behind, reading the stories, it's getting even more difficult to catch up again.
    I think this is a good time to bring up the separate story thread idea. We originally agreed to it on principle, but when the time came the organizers felt a bit lazy about telling everyone on which continent they are.

This would infuse some order to the story posts.

I propose we start a new story thread in which people from my continent can post (Rome, Persia, Portugal, Vikings, Russia, Native Americans), if another nation discoveres it is here it can also start posting in the thread.

After it is completely clear on which continent all people are the old story thread should be closed and a second one opened for the second continent.

Now to naming.... I propose we call our continent Eurasia.

Comment

• Originally posted by CyberShy
      Reading back through the Organisation thread CYBER invited someone who even said they wouldnt be bothered with the STORIES.

I did? Who was it?
      A diplogame requires stories. period.

Though it's not like all players have to write a story ever 2 days. That's up to the players themselves. I'd say one story for every week would be nice though.
      Unfortunately for me time constraints have meant that I have no been able to write as many stories as I have wanted.

Comment

• Japan met the Oldonians, so they are on our continent too... one guy still missing, we are supposed to be 8 on the smaller continent.

Of course, we could be the bigger continent, and if so, there are 3 still missing. Maybe Mayans, Coreans and Greeks ?

It's too late for the separate story threads. We would have to merge them again after optics anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vampgelus

It's too late for the separate story threads. We would have to merge them again after optics anyway.
          Says who? Intercontinental interaction would only reach high levels a few centuries after that.

Its not even 1000 BC and the common story thread is too long to read.

Comment

• I don't think it is necessary to make seperate threads. The point is not to make the game REALISTIC (I am not saying we should go out of our way to prevent it, but tis just not the point) the point is to engage in advanced diplomacy. The game itself isn't realistic anyway.

As far as "keeping up," all you have to do is take time to read the posts, and if you can't do that I'd suggest a different style of game. I realize this is going to sound harsh, and even rude, or mean or whatever but that's the point of these games. It isn't expediency, its diplomacy, and sometimes its long, and sometimes its even boring. But its really not that bad, it seems daunting. When you get some free time just sit down and update yourself on what's going on, that's all you have to do. Go back a couple of pages in the thread and do your homework.

Its a lot better for posterity if we keep it one thread, then its easier to get an idea of when everything went down historically in our game.

But if everyone wants to split the threads up, maybe we should.
            "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

• I would suggest archiving the story thread after each 100 turns. That way it doesn't get too long to read, but we can still go back and read the history threads when we like.
              Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
              "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

• As far as "keeping up," all you have to do is take time to read the posts, and if you can't do that I'd suggest a different style of game. I realize this is going to sound harsh, and even rude, or mean or whatever but that's the point of these games. It isn't expediency, its diplomacy, and sometimes its long, and sometimes its even boring. But its really not that bad, it seems daunting. When you get some free time just sit down and update yourself on what's going on, that's all you have to do. Go back a couple of pages in the thread and do your homework.

I am ready to do my homework.
                I just hope that you guys won't make it too much homework.

I can't read 3 pages of stories per day.
                We must find some ballance somewhere.
                If I compare the story threads of former diplogames with our current story thread, then our current story thread contains about 10 times as many stories. Most probably because this is pitboss.

Comment

• I'm sorry but I like to write.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vampgelus
                    Japan met the Oldonians, so they are on our continent too... one guy still missing, we are supposed to be 8 on the smaller continent.

Of course, we could be the bigger continent, and if so, there are 3 still missing. Maybe Mayans, Coreans and Greeks ?

i can conferm that he mayans, koreans and greeks are on his continet too. and for the record i've met more they just the oldonians they were jus the first to enter my seas looking to be killed.

Comment

• yeah i forgot japan owns all the world waters. running away now...

Comment

• Lord Zanza does not like outsiders near Japanese waters or lands without his permition. if it was up to me i would have let ur bout go but Lord Zanza is in charge not me. i only speak for him.

Comment

• Ahem
                          Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
                          "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

• pinchak. I have some serious critiscism for you landwise.
                            When I made the map, I assumed whoever got your spot would divide the now Roman mountains with whoever got Rome's spot.

Don't blame me just because you got the short end of the stick in that deal.

And yes, in case anyone is wondering, the Vikings probably have the most available land of any civ. Hopefully this worked out due to Vikings self proclaimed incompetence at the game.

Comment

• Naw, it'll probably just mean he'll be wiped out by barbarians.
                              Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Just a small point to ozzy about vets not picking Fin or Ind civs:

I think picking Asoka is just as bad. And I know I might risk starting endless debate but ozzy made such a thing of this.

Firstly getting pre-cursors to a certain early religion is poor for a vet when there are so many new players in this game. It would be best that no vets get a religion. It's financial power is extreme.

Secondly, Organised is vey strong as a Fin substitute.

Of course the combinations of what vets should or should not get might become endless but ozzy made such a big deal out of Fin/Ind and I believe this is a thoroughly simplistic solution. In fact if I were cynical I might say that getting the other vets to not pick Fin/Ind was an advantage to Asoka.

The Metalheads are not near the top at the moment but game score at this stage is meaningless...

oops, adding a smiley - not too heavy here
                                Last edited by deity; July 19, 2008, 22:56.
                                "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
                                *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

Working...
                                X