This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by deity
    Outrageous, if I lose my cap I'm quitting civ forever.
    If you are Korea then maybe you should leave (but not forever). You were explicitly told not to pick a Fin civ.

If I am misinterpreting this anon violation then nevermind. But hell... I really hope you didn't just do what I think you did... That'd be extremely poor form. And from someone well respected in this game too.
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• You lost ONE WARRIOR
      Due to unwillingness to negoiate boarders, this has been upped to one warrior and one worker.

Pride is a destructive force, trust me, I know.

Comment

• Pride comes before the fall.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Maya

Due to unwillingness to negoiate boarders, this has been upped to one warrior and one worker.

Hmmmm.......
          taking ones worker that early in the game.....

Corea, why don't you want to negotiate borders?
          Formerly known as "CyberShy"
          Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• enough with the whining already! Maya, you've been a bit naughty. But not more than is allowed. Taking the capital however is NOT allowed. Korea, you've been defeated. Solve this ingame. Don't go dragging this into the organization thread. That's when the problems begin. The problems that have the potential of killing the game.

Now settle this as it would be settled between victor and vanquished. Korea needs to accept terms. Maya should not seek to impose ridiculous terms. NEGOTIATE! DIPLOMACY DAMMIT! The demand that Korea not to settle beyond the river/mountain/hilly area/forest (whatever landmarks you have between you) is a fair price. Drawing that line too near Korea is just bad diplomacy. And do keep in mind. There is NO rule that says Korea can't accept terms, build an army, and break previous agreements. Gods. Losing that worker sucks ass. But I believe Korea has a religion? They'll get over it. Make a story about it, send the worker to Mayan lands, have him work a bit and return after building a few farms or whatever. Make it an "Israel in Babylon, or Egypt, or whatever"-storyline. I don't care. Stop whining and play the game. Or accept a land division that's to your disfavor in return for your worker. Likely there will be other directions to settle in.
            Diplogamer formerly known as LzPrst

Comment

• Ha this is turning to be one spicy game which I am enjoying very much.

About the Maya vs Korea I would say that it would be wiser for both to come with some kind of a deal. There will be plenty of enemies later on and your best bet for a friendly civ is the one close to you. Better work together than fight eachother.

I understand that Maya has one warrior walking around Korea's capital, well Korea just slave some warriors and kill that warrior if you don't want to agree to his deal.

Vikings i enjoy your stories a lot, can't wait till the game really picks up.

Comment

• I believe Korea has a religion
                Well a risky move to pick religion, by now Korea could have had archers and this would have never happened. Grid is a bit**h sometimes!

Let this be a lesson to all the unprepared civs.

Comment

• paranoia is a necessity. and as I said. deals can be made, and broken. suffering a defeat early means you're gonna have to weigh up for it by wise diplomacy. suffer the humiliation of defeat. then get back to exploring, meet some friendly civs, make an alliance. or submit to your vanquishers, become their subjugated "servants/slaves" for a few generations. it will make for great storytelling later on. (refer Narn vs Centauri in Babylon 5, for example) and then you can either take revenge for your cruel oppression, or just suck up to them and leech as much as you can off them. this is not like a normal MP game where a mistake will be your end. it is merely something to work around. Maya's unprovoked (and more serious) unannounced, aggression is a setback. But as we have already established, wiping out or permanently crippling a civ is NOT allowed in a diplogame. So, Korea will rise again.

heck. I'd love to take over Korea... we can swap get something to do.
                  Diplogamer formerly known as LzPrst

Comment

• refer Narn vs Centauri in Babylon 5
                    Ah the best scifi show by far. Nice reference LzPrst

Korea you should rename your leader G'Kar

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyKP

You are gonna quit this game because you made a dumb mistake?

You lost ONE WARRIOR. Hate to break it to you, but once this game progresses there will be much bigger wars, with much bigger losses. I simply don't understand how you can freak out over something minor like this.

The Maya are NOT going to take your capitol. So you just lost a warrior. Now figure out a peace deal.

No temper tantrums. From anyone. Jeeze.
                      It's not because of the warrior. As I've said over and over, that was my fault.

It's because he cheated.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Portugal

Well a risky move to pick religion, by now Korea could have had archers and this would have never happened. Grid is a bit**h sometimes!

Let this be a lesson to all the unprepared civs.
                        I did that for roleplaying reasons. Stupid me to think that was a good idea in a diplomacy game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Maya

This is exactly what I'm talking about, and the reason why I'm not going to continue.

Enjoy your game, big shot.

Comment

• Korea, I can't say that you're being cooperative in solving this issue.
                            We've said that the double move was not ok. It's not as if 1 double move means such a big difference.

Let the worker be a part of the negotiations. It can be returned.

If you leave the game you let down 16 other players who've been busy setting up this game for months.

Please be a bit reasonable.
                            Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                            Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• What he did was not ok, not in the spirit of the game and not supported by roleplay. Yet he gets to keep on doing it, and gets to keep on trying to use it to gain advantage out of the situation. Why am I the one asked to be reasonable? Why should I believe that he won't be able to get away with pulling more such crap again?

Comment

• Why should I believe that he won't be able to get away with pulling more such crap again?
                                Because next time you will be ready for him! You will have found possible allies!

Comment

Working...
                                X