Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outrageous, if I lose my cap I'm quitting civ forever.
    "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
    *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

• I'm sorry guys, I just don't feel like continuing this game. It's not blackmail or an attempt to hold things up or cause drama. I certainly don't want anyone else to boycott the game on my account.

I was invaded way too early by a cheap move and without any lead-up in the story thread. The fact that the move only got his warrior (whether he calls it an "explorer" or whatever doesn't change it from being a warrior) next to my city and not into doesn't change the cheapness of the move, nor does my dumb response of attacking it as soon as I logged on.

I don't want to roleplay a response because the attack itself was not roleplayed until well after the fact . If I hadn't called Maya on it, I have my doubts about whether it would ever have been roleplayed.

I don't want to consider his demands because they are out-of-character, crippling and insulting.

So my conclusion to all of this is to let him just take my city. The game moves on without the annoyance of trying to find a replacement, he gets to feel like a big shot, and I get to walk away without having lost much time or effort invested into the game.

Comment

• I think that attitudes of Diplo palyers have changed muchly over the years.

The double move was an obvious breaking of the rules .

Secondly to lie about his not having Declared war till after an attack is a complete fabrication that cannot occur due to game mechanics.

I will continue with my storys and play for fun as i always have, but the Maya have lost all credibility
        GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

• Corea: I'd say: negotiate as if you guys just met.
          Ignore the loss of your warrior.
          He's not supposed to take your cap anyway. You guys should negotiate peace in the way all civs negotiate peace when they just meet each other.

No knife on your troath. You don't have to accept his terms 'or die'. We're all with you that the move was bad form. I think that Maya knows that now as well.

Some of us are not familiar with diplogaming.
          Please don't leave.

The way to this situation was not that good, let's try to get a good way out of it.

I reject the idea of the Maya taking the Corean capital. That would defenitely outballance the game for all other players.
          Formerly known as "CyberShy"
          Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Yes, I think anyone who has an ego to get the big shots doesn't belong here....
            *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

• But please don't leave Corea - damn, your post blew my cover
              *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

• Originally posted by CyberShy

Vikings have a point that we need to resolve this.
                The double move of the Romans is a violation of the rules. Since nothing big happened I suggest we see it through the fingers.
                Rome is being framed! We shall make war on the Cyberian barbarians!

Comment

• People need to grow up, if half of the posts Korea and Maya made had been in character this would be the most fun early game event ever. Too bad they decided to break character.

Ok Korea, the Mayans are not allowed to take your city only city, your captial if they do the game gets restarted.

Mayans made some outrageus statements. But what they did was not a big deal. They violated your territory and killed a warrior you sent to kill the intruder. If it ends at this they the game is far from crippled.

In my opinion you two should negotiate for spheres of interest. This early defeat should in my opinino give the Mayans an extra average city spot as a result of this, no more. An extra city spot on this big a map is not a big deal, and since borders will not be set with other players, you can focus on expanding in other directions. If the border agreement is violated by Maya, the international community will certainly loose respect for them.

If both of you play your cards right, this will be the best thing that ever happened to you. Early deals about where to expand can help both of you get a comparative advantage against other civs.

Comment

• ooops......
                    Im glad that this game is anon

Comment

• I have a suggestion to make :

Settle this issue on the field ! Build an unpromoted warrior each and beat the hell out of each other in a neutral place. Whoever wins this 50/50 battle will decide the terms of the border-agreement.

It's a game guys, have a little fun !

Comment

• Damn, Russia, would you please log off from time to time or shut your firewall down, please ? You are keeping others from loggin in for 2 hours now !

Comment

• I think he exited via desktop rather than to main menu and thus he is continuously logged in. CyberShy needs to bot him out of the game.

Comment

• Oh, that's why we shoud leave to main menu. Good to know. Thank you Spain

Comment

• Russia's been kicked out of the game
                              Not permanently though

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Korea
                                I'm sorry guys, I just don't feel like continuing this game. It's not blackmail or an attempt to hold things up or cause drama. I certainly don't want anyone else to boycott the game on my account.

I was invaded way too early by a cheap move and without any lead-up in the story thread. The fact that the move only got his warrior (whether he calls it an "explorer" or whatever doesn't change it from being a warrior) next to my city and not into doesn't change the cheapness of the move, nor does my dumb response of attacking it as soon as I logged on.

I don't want to roleplay a response because the attack itself was not roleplayed until well after the fact . If I hadn't called Maya on it, I have my doubts about whether it would ever have been roleplayed.

I don't want to consider his demands because they are out-of-character, crippling and insulting.

So my conclusion to all of this is to let him just take my city. The game moves on without the annoyance of trying to find a replacement, he gets to feel like a big shot, and I get to walk away without having lost much time or effort invested into the game.
                                You are gonna quit this game because you made a dumb mistake?

You lost ONE WARRIOR. Hate to break it to you, but once this game progresses there will be much bigger wars, with much bigger losses. I simply don't understand how you can freak out over something minor like this.

The Maya are NOT going to take your capitol. So you just lost a warrior. Now figure out a peace deal.

No temper tantrums. From anyone. Jeeze.
                                Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Working...
                                X