Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is a question not related to this game. Is it possible to host more than one game on a single machine?

Comment

• Yes!

Comment

• How? Also is it possible to turn a normal MP game into a pitboss game?

I think some guys over at HOTW12 where disscusing changing it into a pitboss.

Also the second space based diplo game is ready to go but dosen't have a host.

Comment

• Hmmm, the game is stuck on 'finishing' when I try to join.
          Is that just me?

Comment

• Happened to me too. I think we were both joining at the same time.
            Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• After a reboot things were ok again.
              I was connecting to you indeed, I also think that Persia or someting tried to join.

Comment

• It could be that one person's connect causes problems, so if you just exit the game the connection is lost and yo can try again later.

Comment

• Oh well. It's been a fun game.

Comment

• I suppose I should elaborate.

The jerk playing the mayans declared war and double-moved on me. I stupidly attacked him with the warrior in my capital and lost. Not a word of diplomacy either.

Enjoy the rest of the game, folks.

Comment

• Don't quit yet.

Maya, what the hell? Do you have the slightest idea what a diplogame is? Why did you attack?
                      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Double-moves are not allowed in this game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now we know why the Mayans were requesting that we wait on them to take their turn.

A very dirty trick indeed

This is Diplo and you need to follow the rules, if not you do not belong here Maya!!

Korea pls wait we will need to hear what Maya has to say.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Korea
                          Originally posted by Pitboss Maya
                          Ack! I cannot miss my next turn, and I have to run to work now. I should be patched up in 10 hours from now.

Please do not start the game back up until tomarrow.
                          What's so urgent about next turn?
                          Originally posted by Pitboss Korea
                          I suppose I should elaborate.

The jerk playing the mayans declared war and double-moved on me. I stupidly attacked him with the warrior in my capital and lost. Not a word of diplomacy either.

Enjoy the rest of the game, folks.
                          It appears now we know... Although to be fair, we shouldn't pass judgement until we have at least heard Maya's side of the story. Not that there appears to be a lot to tell according to the CivStats log - Maya seemed to be the last player for about 3 turns in a row, ending their turn a few minutes before the timer (so not just leaving it to tick over), followed by a double-turn manouver at the start of the latest turn.

Comment

• I don't know what the policy is on this sort of thing, but I would recommend reloading the pre-patch save (we'd only lose 2 or 3 turns at most) again, and giving Maya a formal warning. If it happens again, the defeated player takes over control of Maya and the offending player is booted out.

Comment

• I have autosave turned on for every turn. Thus I do have a save of every turn we played so far.

We will defenitely reload because losing a player is NOT an option in diplogames.

Neither is taking a city that early in the game, since it'll always do way too much damage to one of the civs. One of the key elements is keeping the game interesting for everyone.

Let's wait for the explanation of the Mayans.

I'm going to reload the game anyway.
                              Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                              Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Double-moves are not allowed in this game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                Show me where we agreed to this. I remember some people pushing for a rule but I think in the end we agreed on the honor system. I tried to be honorable, and the double move was done unintentionally. It really doesn't matter given the circumstances, Korea attacked me.

Maya seemed to be the last player for about 3 turns in a row
                                Irrelevant. If anything it verifys that I play my turn around the same time each day and therefore am not stacking any decks on purpose.

Now we know why the Mayans were requesting that we wait on them to take their turn.
                                That was a few turns ago and had nothing to do with this situation. It had to do with keeping my workers chopping. I didn't Q it into their orders because I expected to be able to play the next turn.

Now, I cannot help that my explorer unit wandered into enemy territory and then was attacked. Calling me a jerk however really doesn't make me feel obligated to retreat. If this is the treatment I get when I have the knife to someones neck what the heck can I expect later in the game when I don't have any true leverage?

I may be mercyful on two conditions.

1. Korea and Cybershy PM me the player idenity of Korea.

2. Korea agrees to a boarder agreement of my making and agrees to peace. The agreement will be relatively fair.

8 hours for these terms to be met. Send PMs to my apolyton box. If it turns out that a double move rule was agreed upon I will extend this time table to 16 hours to compensate (not that it would have made a difference).
                                Last edited by Pitboss Maya; June 22, 2008, 17:57.

Comment

Working...
                                X