This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pitboss Persia
    I don't see the point in having a size 3+ city when you don't have improved squares... Getting workers out before growing beyond size 3 seems to be resonable to me. I have a size 2 city, but i am 2nd in GNP.
    umm basically because the worker cant do anything. well i nmy case this was true. i shouldnt have built my worker i should have let my city grow for those 10+ turns ....

you are lucky your worker could actually do stuff to improve your city, aint rocket science to relaise luck is the predominant thing in this game not skill.

Comment

• Maybe the barbs ignore your archers on forrest-hills b/c you place them within your cultural territory. In those cases the barbs ignore them and go for your city or improvements.

Place them outside your cultural borders, about 4-5 tiles. Most barbs attack in those cases. I'm used to play on immortal level, and even there my archers beat axemen who attack my hilled archers.

@MMC: max fortify bonus = 25%, 5% for every turn.
      Formerly known as "CyberShy"
      Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Vikings
        How do i queue up a search pattern.??? only know of how to do auto search
        hold shift, then right-click somewhere on the map where you want the scout to move to. Keep holding shift, then right-click on the next target. Keep holding shift, right click the 3rd target, etc.

My advise however would be: don't build any scouts or warriors. Waste of time. At least not in the first 100 turns. What you need right now are worker techs. Agriculture. Are you soon on bronze working? Then you can mine the forrest-hill. Don't go for the wheel, roads aren't that important in the early game. Just pick agriculture, or if you have animals within your fat cross, then take animal husbandry. But first research archery so you can start building usefull armies.

THOUGH, if you (after completing bronze working) find bronze within your cultural borders, mine the bronze and start building axemen. In that case you can simply ignore archery completely! Be sure to guard the bronze though! Barbarians may pillage it. You need the wheel in that case, unless the bronze is next to a river that goes to your city (all through your cultural borders)

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Vikings
          umm basically because the worker cant do anything. well i nmy case this was true. i shouldnt have built my worker i should have let my city grow for those 10+ turns ....

you are lucky your worker could actually do stuff to improve your city, aint rocket science to relaise luck is the predominant thing in this game not skill.
          It is skill.
          It matters what tech you research first, what unit/building you produce first.

Nobody got lucky with the starting techs or the first techs he produced. It's a decision one makes.

Comment

• ^^ Yes, you have to realise this Vikings.

I had no starting square I could use a worker on so I did not produce a worker.

I grew and synchronised my tech acquisitions with the need for a worker.

So I got a worker roughly at the point I could use it.
            "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
            *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

• IMPORTANT:
              The patch (3.17) has been released.

Let's coordinate our patching.
              I can disable the pitboss game for 1 or 2 days. In those days we all have to patch. When we're done patching please post here that you did so. After everybody posted I'll restart the pitboss game again.

I'll wait till the next turn started before I shut the server down.

Comment

• Originally posted by CyberShy

It is skill.
                It matters what tech you research first, what unit/building you produce first.

Nobody got lucky with the starting techs or the first techs he produced. It's a decision one makes.
                we wil lhave to agree to disagree.

but basically whenever life gives you something for nothing that another doesnt have thats LUCK

as in which techs you started with.

Start with no techs to build worker improvement then you are firced to research to them. And if any resources are under forrest hve to get Bronze first too.

Unfortunalty having not played enough Civ4 at the higher levels i was unaaware of any time that a worler built first off would have nothing to do, so i have never looked at what techs i have at start of game.

But that is just me,

For those more experienced players, starting with techs that allow a worker to build will give a head start on those that are forced to research the same things.

With no goodie huts i still dont see need to scout as much area as usual.

Comment

• Originally posted by deity
                  ^^ Yes, you have to realise this Vikings.

I had no starting square I could use a worker on so I did not produce a worker.

I grew and synchronised my tech acquisitions with the need for a worker.

So I got a worker roughly at the point I could use it.
                  You are ignoring the fundamental basic of LUCK.

I am not claiming with good luck i would win or even do better, my lack of knowlede of the game is obvious i only play for fun not to win.

but i do beleive two equal skilled players will be affected more by luck in this game than skill.

Things like access to certain resources, food avaialbilty etc.

whenever things are not balanced it means luck is involved.

Yes as i nlife you can adjust things to suit the luck or lack of it . But in the end, luck still is there.

Comment

• Originally posted by CyberShy
                    IMPORTANT:
                    The patch (3.17) has been released.

Let's coordinate our patching.
                    I can disable the pitboss game for 1 or 2 days. In those days we all have to patch. When we're done patching please post here that you did so. After everybody posted I'll restart the pitboss game again.

I'll wait till the next turn started before I shut the server down.
                    Oh no, another period of total stuffups.

If I d/l the patch I'm not sure what happens to other games.

Hmm. Need to discuss this. I hate multiple installs...
                    *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

• I think we should coordinate. We should not patch untill this weekend. But everyone must patch before Monday.

Comment

• Why not bring the game down and wait till everybody has patched.
                        Most probably will some of us install the patch without thinking about our game anyway.

The mail has been sent out. I'm bringing the game down right now and I wait with bringing it up again till everybody has confirmed that he has patched his game.

CS

Comment

• @Vikings: starting techs is not luck. Every civ has 2 starting techs. When I pick a civ I also take the starting techs into consideration.

@deity: 3.13 games are compatible with 3.17 games. You can just install 3.17 and continue playing all other games.

Comment

• Game is down. Please all patch asap and post here that you have patched you game

Comment

• Patched.

Comment

• edit
                                *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

Working...
                                X