Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• voting for your allies in game sux big time guys. whats the point in having an out of game voting system that you are preferentially voting for only civs you met and dealt with.

The whole point was to place votes based on what you seen OOC. Through the story threads as well as your in game negotiations

Comment

• Can anyone please tell my why Korean generals are dressed in Japanese armor and with the symbol of the Oda clan? Is Korea trying to start a war with Japan? I demand answers!

Comment

• umm because nations may have names that represent real life nations but they dont actually have to be played as that nation.....

Comment

• OK... for the humour impaired, I'll sum it up:
          In (a) I was simply saying that I had read the posts of my allies more thoroughly, and that probably influenced some of my votes (but not all).
          In (b) I was simply pointing out that some of the posts (mainly Japan’s) are actually very difficult to read, and actually show very little effort to try to make it readable. I could point out the Greece (for example) keeps confusing the word 'death' with 'dead', which I ignore because I can accept that he's probably a non-native speaker (and it's also a mistake a spell-checker would miss). In other words, I'll stop complaining about bad grammar if you at least use a spelling and grammar checker (just copy-paste to M$ Word and press F7). I'm not an English teacher (I am English, however, and proud of it), nor am I a grammar nazi. I simply don't see why the reader should put in the effort to read something if the writer hasn't bothered to put in any effort themselves.
          In (c) I was jokingly responding to your posturing. Read it as "The Funglish are not scared of Japan, whom we see as our main rival for naval superiority"
          Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
          "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

• I do appreciate that people do tend to read allys posts more , but you must read everyones, because in amongst it all are hidden messages revealing a lot of plans afoot.

This reveals the Diplomacy behind the scenes and even some militaristic strategy.

If i only voted for my allies i would for none as no one has offered allainces yet.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
            On an aside how do we set in the Foriegn Advisor screen our attitude to others. On my screen it shows the two tribes i met ar ecautious to me. I not sure what mine says to them

In the old Civ 2 days i could set this attitude to express exactly how i feel so they could see it.

Is there a way to do this in game?

Comment

• I was away for the last day and I didn't miss any turns! I played yesterday morning and again just now and was able to play it all! Yay for the new turn timer!
              Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Vikings
                On an aside how do we set in the Foriegn Advisor screen our attitude to others. On my screen it shows the two tribes i met ar ecautious to me. I not sure what mine says to them

In the old Civ 2 days i could set this attitude to express exactly how i feel so they could see it.

Sadly, no - there is not.
                "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Vikings
                  I do appreciate that people do tend to read allys posts more , but you must read everyones, because in amongst it all are hidden messages revealing a lot of plans afoot.

This reveals the Diplomacy behind the scenes and even some militaristic strategy.

If i only voted for my allies i would for none as no one has offered allainces yet.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I did not vote only for my allies. The alliance simply influenced where they came in the list. I did however also vote for some whom I have yet to meet. Just not Japan (this time).

As for attitudes. I don't think you can change that in Civ4. The attitude reflects the opinion of the AI (who acts as a sort of deputy to the player - ready to take over if the player retires), not the player themselves.

Also... If my words to Japan sounded harsh, I'm sorry. I'm tired and get quite stubborn when I'm tired. However, having quickly glanced at Japan's last 5 story posts, I have just one thing to say: Paragraphs.
                  If Japan puts a little more effort into the presentation, it may improve their chances of getting a vote from me next time. On the other hand, the fact that I can't stand anime will probably hurt their chances, but at least then it's not Japan's fault.
                  Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
                  "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

• its ok. to tell the truth i really couldn't care less about winning. i just want to have fun. and i'll try to make it easyer to read my post. i do most my writing at work so i'm constantly looking over my back while writing but i'll start editing when i get home to make it easyer.

Comment

• at work so i'm constantly looking over my back while writing
                      I know how you feel

Comment

• yes work buddies jsut dont understand this posting about a game that you only play for two minutes each morning.

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyKP
                          All this bellyaching and complaining is annoying. Everyone just play. Please.
                          You mean no more 3 page speculations on who a player might be and what they should or shouldn't have done if they were in fact that player...

"Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
                          *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

• votes for deity for fooling everyone

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Japan
                              Can anyone please tell my why Korean generals are dressed in Japanese armor and with the symbol of the Oda clan? Is Korea trying to start a war with Japan? I demand answers!
                              Because it was hard to find a picture of two Korean soldiers talking to eachother, so I searched for Chinese and that came up. I had no idea what the symbols meant, but its just a photo to support the story that's all.

And what is this "japan" you speak of?

We know nothing of a japan.
                              "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

• So you wanted to show two Koreans, that's why you searched for chinese and you finally got 2 japanese.....

Man, you really don't know much about far-eastern feelings

Koreans, Chinese and Japanese hate each other and you mix them up
                                If one of them reads this the 3rd world war will break out
                                Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                                Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Working...
                                X