No announcement yet.

Rah's saturday game IV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only a complete idiot would find Civ4 superior. If you don't need supervision when leaving the house and you are capable of actually thinking about things then Civ2 is superior in every way. I don't really care that much though since I gave up that ****ty game a long time ago to pursue far more worthwhile things.

Yes, I'm EyesOfNight.

Comment

• Just come back to troll a bit?
      Nice to see you here.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by Warui View Post
        Only a complete idiot would find Civ4 superior. If you don't need supervision when leaving the house and you are capable of actually thinking about things then Civ2 is superior in every way. I don't really care that much though since I gave up that ****ty game a long time ago to pursue far more worthwhile things.

Yes, I'm EyesOfNight.

Obviously still sore that I beat you in my very first two MP games.
        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• I don't think it's too much to ask that a game challenges me in terms of its complexity and options. Civ4 challenges me in terms of my ability to come to terms with the fact that my ability to get ahead is severely capped and games will come right down to the wire even against lower level players because of the point system. The only thing I found challenging in Civ4 was accepting the fact that the game was seriously flawed and that I would probably never play another civilization game again. The developers have even admitted that they simplified the game in attempt to bring in more players so I don't think there's even much to discuss here.

I don't care anymore anyway, I've been done computer games for quite a while. Right now I'm focusing on completing my fluency in Japanese and working towards my numerous other goals.

Comment

• You are always good for a laugh. You "don't care anymore anyway" but registered a new account here specifically so you could ***** and moan about Civ4. The complex, sophisticated game that for some reason you've never been able to figure out simply because you were on top of your game with Civ2 and have been unable to adapt and move forward. Don't worry, my friend Buddy still plays Civ2. You guys should get together and play the exact same game for the next 50 years. Seeing how things that are "different" are scary and obviously inferior due to the scariness of being different.

The best part of your animus towards Civ4 is that when it first came out you got into it and were pretty active in MP and even on the ladder I believe. Then you lost to me twice and just couldn't accept that I simply outplayed you and instead blamed the game. Because obviously if an "inferior player" like Ozzy could beat you, then there must be something defective about the game and not you.

I do love these visits.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Let me see if I comprehend his thesis: Civ 4 is SIMPLER than Civ 2??

Oh, wait, I comprehend the real thesis: I knew how to win at Civ 2, but never mastered how to gain the dominating advantage in Civ 4. Got it.
              I play Europa Universalis II; I dabble in everything else.

Comment

• Exactly.

Comment

• Do you guys still play on Saturdays? Don't know if you remember but I played a few times (been quite a while though) and had fun. Would be interested in getting back into Civ.

I'm out of town this weekend but maybe next?

Comment

• EyesOfNight
                    LOL

Get lost, go play civ2 or something.

Comment

• I've never played a rah's game and would love to.

Is there one tonight?

It's 7pm my time right now.

Comment

• There will probably be a game tonight but starting later maybe 9 or so our time.
                        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• oh ok, our time = you're same zone as me?

Is there a pw?
                          Is it called rah's game?

Comment

• We do direct ip connection
                            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Can I get in on this, if so, please let me know how.

Comment

• I'll pm you the IP before it starts. Check back in this thread frequently And i'll try to keep you up to date
                                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X