No announcement yet.

I am trying to bring back Diplogames...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally got my activation email, I have been reading this post since it was started and am very interested in joining in on this, I am available anytime of day/night, anytime in the world to play this sort of format, on Saturdays & Sundays.

msn handle seventy7ways@hotmail.com if anyone wants to even play a game against AI.

Btw, if possible could I be Inca? I have a really good idea about what I would like to do with them.

Thanks

Comment

• Typically we tend to leave the Americas unpopulated initially to allow some fun with a colonialism era. So it would depend on who is in your game and whether they want to let people start in the Americas. Personally I think its more fun the other way.

But either way, good to have you on board.
      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Hello everyone!

I've heard from many of you via the Firaxis website Contact Us form (many thanks for all the dxdiag files and savegames) and wanted to say thanks for all the feedback and detailed bug reports that were sent up.

I just wanted to let everyone know that as of [this] Monday afternoon, the patch was sent to [publisher] 2K [Games] for final testing, so barring any problems in Q[uality] A[ssurance], we will be releasing it shortly.

Some of the highlights include multiple A[rtificial] I[ntelligence] improvements and tweaks, worker behavior tweaks, MANY game play improvements (ex Animal Husbandry reveals horses), promotion tweaks, a softer pillage sound (requested by many, many people), fixed diplomatic exploits (gold for gold, peace treaty exploit), multiplayer tweaks (Hot seat, Lobby, etc.), memory, caching and performance improvements, etc. There were also a number of video card specific fixes.

To those of you having problems, thanks for your patience. Our guys were working around the clock with your detailed feedback to produce this patch. For those of you having no problems, it's only going to get better.

Dennis Shirk
        Firaxis Games
        This was posted HERE on the Civ IV General forum, I think it would be best for us to wait until this patch comes out. It will fix a lot of multiplayer issues (potentially) as well as graphic issues and will also add new "tweaks" to the game that will probably be beneficial for us.

By the way; Ozzy and I tried to test out the direct IP and it didn't work, but that was due to firewall settings I had that are now fixed, so I am good to go.

I think before we just start listing people in available categories we should find out who is actually willing to play in two games at once, that way we get a better list and find out which day they prefer rather than when they are available.

But like I said, if you guys want to just play Saturday I'll opt out, its not a big deal. I just won't like it that much. Besides, doesn't anyone want to take out their aggression on me?
        "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

• Ozzy....I dont have to be Inca, I will be any available civ that fits in with the plans, I just want to be involved.

Comment

• Ok cool

Be sure to check out the Diplogame FAQ and read up on the details of this style of play. It always helps for all of us to be on the same page. Also check out some of the old games. Read through their stories and get a feel for the games. Thanks much!

FAQ:

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyKP
              I'm hosting. Or at least trying to. Answer your ICQ dabnabit

Capo and I were trying to get a test run going, but he is having firewall issues (good thing we tried ahead of time). So how about you and I give it a whirl? I want to make sure the direct IP thing works.

And Xianbei? Damn it, you've just gotta be difficult don't you? Maybe. I dunno how to do that yet, I need to look into it. So it'll depend on how much time I've got over the next week (good luck). Of course if anyone else wants to learn a bit of Civ4 modding, I'd be very appreciative.

Whether or not we can get the labels right, which leader (i.e. which traits) do you want of the two pre-packaged Chinese options?
              huh? wazat.. me difficult and annoying...

I'll go for the Ind/Fin traits, thx ozzy.

I might miss icq when I'm playing in full screen mode which I prefer and is more stable, btw.
              "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
              *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyKP USA Friday Night (Aussie Saturday Afternoon)
                Capo (confirmed)
                Deity (confirmed?)
                Ozzy
                Master-Mike
                Ljube
                Deity Dude

USA Saturday Night (Aussie Sunday Afternoon)
                Frank Johnson (confirmed)
                Trev (confirmed)
                Aussie Lurker (confirmed)
                Ozzy
                Deity
                Master-Mike
                Ljube
                Deity Dude
                I'm definite for USA Sat nights.

(Not 100% yet about the Fri nights)
                *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

• Well...

It looks pretty apparent that Friday night is not going to happen. Which sucks for me. On top of that nobody offered to discuss my post about waiting for the patch to come out either. Nor did anybody post about my Friday Night game, so I'm SOL here. I guess its just not going to happen the way I'd like it to at all.

If I were you guys though, I'd wait for the patch to come out first.

Peace.
                  "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

• I have read through the Faq, it seems as if you need someone to be Russia, if that is the case I will play as them, or another civ that fits in with the whole eastern europe/asia dynasty.

Email me or add me to MSN Instant msgr. seventy7ways@hotmail.com

I can play both Friday/Saturday & Sunday anytime in the world.

Comment

• Capo is 100% correct, you shoulodnt start till the patch is done. Would be terrible to start then find incompatibility issues with the patch.

This game wil lbe played long term i expect and therefore an early rushed start is not good.

I would suggest a detailed approach where everything is sorted out before starting and not sorted out in game.

i hope to set my compiuter up this weekend and if i see a copy of the game in the local Games shop will pick it up. havent seen anyone selling it rounf here so far.

Once i hav elearned the basics i will ofer my services as a sub and maybe even involved in seondary games.
                      GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

• Thanks Ras, finally somebody listens to me.

Anyway, the reason I am replying to your post is to invite you to help me out with starting a Friday Night (USA, EST) game. You seem to agree with me as far as waiting until everything is perfectly good to go before we begin, so I hope to have your help in putting together a solid Diplogame.

Another thing I forgot to address is Frank's time zone. Its my understanding that Frank will be done with work on Saturday at around 6 or 7, which in the Eastern time zone in the US is 8 or 9, which would make the Saturday game start at around 10pm (so he can eat and stuff). So you guys should get that cleared up too I think.

But yeah, Ras I'm willing to wait out the patch as well and try and get a well organized game going, especially if we intend on having a long-term game.

Also, Seventy7, since it becomes more and more apparent that Saturday will be the day for this game I will probably be out, which frees up not only Russia but also all of Europe so you have more options as far as your choice of tribes now that I won't be playing in it.

Edit: Hmm, this is strange, I logged in as The Capo and was pretty sure I told them to delete this log-in.
                        ------------
                        Ming blows, I'll change this when I have some time on my hands.

Peace!

RIP Bradley James Nowell

Comment

• USA Friday Night (Aussie Saturday Afternoon)
                          Capo (confirmed)
                          Deity (confirmed?)
                          Ozzy
                          Master-Mike
                          Ljube
                          Deity Dude
                          Seventy7Ways

Trev (confirmed)
                          Ozzy
                          Deity
                          Master-Mike
                          Ljube
                          Deity Dude
                          Seventy7Ways

Guess what folks? This means we have 10 players so far interested in the game. So right now that means 5 per game. If we can get one of the current folks to play in both games, and if we can get one more person to sign up to play then we've got 6 and 6, just what we need.

So the doom sayers can save it, we are well on our way to getting two games started up here. Just have some fricken patience.

Comment

• We got 7 players for a mere pick up game last night, so the issue really isn't the number of players, its just commitment.

I got into some action last night in multiplayer for the first time which makes even more anxious to see these games do well.

Comment

• That's all well and good but I still think we should wait for the patch! Why start a game when they are going to make improvements on it? There has already been someone with problems, I've had problems with the game at first too (and apparently the patch will improve my video-card compatability) so I think it would be better for everybody involved to wait for the patch before we start.

This doesn't mean we can't decide, in the meantime, who will play on what days, or at least if we can get together two games at all.

I think if we do have at five on five right now we should see how the players would split into the two games as far as tenure (as far as playing in diplogames goes), storyline capabilities (it isn't quite the same as tenure), and then put the new people in.

If we can do that properly we'll be well on our way towards the game. I've attempted to contact Drake already, I won't put his IM up here but if anyone wants to reach me by IM my AIM is "LBPBumout," and I'll be more than happy to tell you Drake's information if you'd like. I tried the other night to get Chris' but I couldn't, so if anybody still has his old handles or his e-mail that may be helpful, he was a really great diplogamer.

Anyway, to sum up; we should wait for the patch, we should see who will fit where (not who is able to play on which day), and try and get a couple more people somehow. That's what I think. Rookies who we haven't really played with before would be best.

Peace.

One Love.

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyKP
                                USA Friday Night (Aussie Saturday Afternoon)
                                Capo (confirmed)
                                Deity (confirmed?)
                                Ozzy
                                Master-Mike
                                Ljube
                                Deity Dude
                                Seventy7Ways

Trev (confirmed)
                                Ozzy
                                Deity
                                Master-Mike
                                Ljube
                                Deity Dude
                                Seventy7Ways

Guess what folks? This means we have 10 players so far interested in the game. So right now that means 5 per game. If we can get one of the current folks to play in both games, and if we can get one more person to sign up to play then we've got 6 and 6, just what we need.

So the doom sayers can save it, we are well on our way to getting two games started up here. Just have some fricken patience.
                                Hey ozzy, I've already confirmed twice that I'm definite for Saturday night!

I'm Xia of the Xianbei! AND I have Ind/Fin traits...
                                *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

Working...
                                X