No announcement yet.

I am trying to bring back Diplogames...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You wil never own the CIV-MP, the Aussies own it, we have more threads, more games running already, Wahahahahahaha. Plus i have orangised around 20 players now all from Australia in a number of different games, just from some reason they don post, but ill get them to spam our threads.

Anyway enough propaganda. I would be interested in playing in your game. I cant gurantee i can make every sunday (aussie time, but i can make this week and the next, if need be some one can sub.

I will play anyone dont mind.

Comment

• Master-Mike and other stuff...

Who the hell is this guy? What is he talking about?

I'm glad he's willing to "play anyone" (whatever the hell that's supposed to mean), but I think he's missing the idea here. Maybe someone should educate him on what we're trying to do.

I have a small issue I want to just put out there; I didn't realize at all that Saturday night was the official night because (a) I suggested the game and the only thing that caused it to be on saturday was Deity (in the second post of the thread) "reckoning" that would be the best day, (b) after two postings about saturday night (which were made with nobody saying they will play that day until numerous posts later) there was no talk of the date we'd actually play the game, and it wasn't officially on Saturday really until Frank said he couldn't play Friday and a poll was taken so I don't understand why Friday is being ruled out, (c) at this point it was Ozzy and Deity suggesting the date (I was unable to use Apolyton at this time).

The only actual time the problem ever comes up is when Frank says he works later on Fridays. Other than that only Trev didn't specifically say he could play on Friday (nor did he say anything about Saturday for that matter). So what I'm saying is that I don't understand exactly why the game was just arbitrarily placed on Saturday, and I don't understand why the person who suggested starting the game may not even be able to play in it.

If anyone can explain this to me that would be nice.
      "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

• I can play Friday or Saturday. My only problem is the first time I will ever play the game is tonite. I really dont want my first game ever to be a diplo game

So as I said earlier if you guys start next week or the week after you can count me in either day for a 95% chance. The 5% pertaining to the fact that since I havnt played it yet I might not like it

Also , wouldn't it be fairer to pick civs and leaders or whatever else you have to pick after you've got the players determined. I have no idea what characteristics or starting position is best and I would hate to be at a disadvantage due to picking last.

One more quick idea. If we have a group of players and some can play friday and some can play saturday and the majority can play both: Why not set up 2 games. Put the "friday-onlys" in one group, put the "Saturday-onlys" in another group and spread the others between the two. Some will probably want to be in both games - some would probably prefer one day to the other - and people like me can be put in either group to balance it out.

Anyways, if u do have to start this week you can always keep me in mind as a sub.

Comment

• Capo I challenge you to internet fisticuffs!

No, but seriously no hard feelings. Friday night is the only night I can't play. Anything else I can be flexible on the evenings. I didn't set out to rig the game to a particular night or anything...in fact I'll play almost any other time.

Although people don't regard me as a "storyteller" I am a driving force behind getting these games played and am more than willing to put that force to where it can be applied.

I'd just like to play something.

Comment

• Yea, I really don't want anyone left out in this whole thing. There doesn't have to be a winner and loser here (just in the game), everyone can get in a good, high quality game.
            Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Originally posted by Master-Mike
              You wil never own the CIV-MP, the Aussies own it, we have more threads, more games running already, Wahahahahahaha. Plus i have orangised around 20 players now all from Australia in a number of different games, just from some reason they don post, but ill get them to spam our threads.

Anyway enough propaganda. I would be interested in playing in your game. I cant gurantee i can make every sunday (aussie time, but i can make this week and the next, if need be some one can sub.

I will play anyone dont mind.
              So you can do Sunday, how about Saturday (aussie time)?

Welcome btw, don't let Capo scare you away. He's all warm and fuzzy once you get to know him.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Yea is could i make this saturday and next for the game and also both sundays, maybe i can do some rearranging of my work roster, civ is more important for folowing weeks.

Deit can always icq me when the game is starting as its just after 11am here, not sure what time yous had in mind.

For organsing games, which i have many years of experience at doing down under here in oz in lots of different games. It is best that 1 person sets the nights and times, that most people can play, you cannot please everyone, if people want to play they will make the time. So the sooner you set the day and time the sooner things will really start to move and some playing going on.

So take a tough stance, just set the date and time and run with it. Like some have suggested, have 2 games going at once, so more people can play.

Just some friendly advice, organsing all these people can get frustrating and time consuming some times.

Comment

• Capo and other cr@p

Waz up Capo?

Get out of the wrong side of the helicopter this morning

You useless piece of American cr@p!

Now, you started this thread cos I told you to, therefore I own the game!

What's the point in you posting for interest in a diplo game then only being available on Thursdays!!!

Now you say you're free on Fridays too but not Saturdays.

We can start another thread for a USA Saturday night game if you like; and that is my preferred time slot AND I'd REALLY LIKE YOU IN THAT GAME, you sob!

It seems that most are free for the Sat night; but you should run as the key organiser for the USA FRI night game. We'll have enough takers and I should be in that one too but I can't be the driving force. ozzy is the driving force for the Sat nighter - that's just the way it is. Will we get it out of your thread?

"Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
                  *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

• Friday night (USA) usually means about a midday start for me, as I work every Sat morning and finish between randomly between 11am and 2pm (I often do not know beforehand exactly when, any preplanned game creates problems unless there is a later start than is usual in these game.
                    For a Sat (USA) game, a start at midday Sunday or later for me is ok, but I cannot do it next week.

Comment

• Re: Capo and other cr@p

Originally posted by deity
                      Waz up Capo?

Get out of the wrong side of the helicopter this morning

You useless piece of American cr@p!

Now, you started this thread cos I told you to, therefore I own the game!

What's the point in you posting for interest in a diplo game then only being available on Thursdays!!!

Now you say you're free on Fridays too but not Saturdays.

We can start another thread for a USA Saturday night game if you like; and that is my preferred time slot AND I'd REALLY LIKE YOU IN THAT GAME, you sob!

It seems that most are free for the Sat night; but you should run as the key organiser for the USA FRI night game. We'll have enough takers and I should be in that one too but I can't be the driving force. ozzy is the driving force for the Sat nighter - that's just the way it is. Will we get it out of your thread?

First of all Deity I don't know why you have to call me a useless American piece of crap, I didn't do anything or say anything offensive about you or your fellow Aussies, so I don't see why you made such a remark.

I don't know if you were kidding or not, but you sure didn't tell me to start any thread. But it doesn't matter because I didn't say I owned the game, and as for your comment about only being able to play Thursday; I understood that this wouldn't be good for you guys in Australia because it would mean a weekday afternoon, so I took off Friday night because I make more money on Saturday and didn't know Frank couldn't play Friday, and nobody else seemed to have a problem with Friday. If anything I sacrificed something for this game already, I took a day off of work, the place where I make money, so I can play in this game. I'm not trying to say that means I deserve to play in it, I'm just saying I did make efforts to open a good day to play with you guys and its unfortunate that you're getting personal with me.

If you guys see it the way Deity does, that Ozzy is the central organizer and if you think I'm a nuisance then I'll just opt out gracefully and watch you guys from the sidelines, I don't care, its not worth getting into arguments that are going to cause normally respectible people like Deity to get personal and call me a "useless American piece of crap."

The only point I was trying to make by even bringing up the fact that I started the thread was to say that I was VERY interested in playing the game, and wanted to be in the game that I suggested creating, if this is a strange concept to you I'm sorry, maybe its something only a useless American piece of crap would understand.

Have fun with your game.
                      "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

• Now come on Capo!

There were enough smilies and love hearts for you to know that I was joking.

I'm VERY fond of you

Now stop carrying on and take as good as you give!
                        *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

• Another thing lost in translation is the Aussie humour.

I've noticed this before when USA folks got upset at what Aussies posted in the Civ 2 days. Aussies aren't that literal. We are obtuse and very annoying which makes us laugh

Then again, if we do it to ourselves it can reach a cut-off point where we do get upset, ie Horse/Deity arguments
                          *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

• Yes us aussies are easy going people, we dont take things to much to heart.

Deity was just having a bit of one with you, like you did to me a few posts back, but i didnt bother to reply as i thought it may be tacken the wrong way. Any way my post about own CIV IV MP was to Ozzy about his smart alec remarks, .

People have to litten up a bit, man you should hear things we aussies dicuss during game and the good old banter. Just take it easy, you seem to give as good as you get anyway from posts ive read here.

Shame you gave up a day of work and the game didnt pan out, like i said before just set a dates or dates for two different games and run with it. Stop all these messing about and play, then things have a way or working them selves out.

Comment

• I can't start this weekend, but I can play next weekend at any time (Friday or Saturday night). See you guys!

Comment

• Ok, updated the chart. If someone's name is under a day that means they can make that day. If I've written confirmed next to their name that means they are indeed playing that day. We need to start picking folks. And if you are interested in playing both days PLEASE speak up.

USA Friday Night (Aussie Saturday Afternoon)
                                Capo (confirmed)
                                Deity (confirmed?)
                                Ozzy
                                Master-Mike
                                Ljube
                                Deity Dude

USA Saturday Night (Aussie Sunday Afternoon)
                                Frank Johnson (confirmed)
                                Trev (confirmed)
                                Aussie Lurker (confirmed)
                                Ozzy
                                Deity
                                Master-Mike
                                Ljube
                                Deity Dude

btw, I just went and PMed everyone in the Diplogame group. Hopefully we'll get some players that way. Drake and some other vets weren't in the group, so now I'm going to go hunt them down. Plus those few who expressed an interest in a diplogame from CivFanatics.
                                Last edited by OzzyKP; November 19, 2005, 10:25.

Comment

Working...
                                X