Brag Your Highest XP Units

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rah
    And even if it displays 99.9, it could be really 99.99 which would be 1 in a thousand. Remember it used to show those as 100. but now it displays at 99.9
    Not really - 99.9% is one in thousand; 99.99% is one in ten thousand.

It varies a lot what I do, but my first GG is normally assigned to a unit while the remaining are settled as instructors in my WP city. I have a "limit" of 13 or 17XP "out of the box" normally and generals spawned after that, is either assigned to an other city or to units. In my current game, I play on Epic speed with a charismatic civ (Washington) and have assigned quite a few GGs to units. Give a Navy Seal a lot of first strikes + pinch = almost immortal Give several of them first strikes + pinch + combats = bye-bye coastal

Btw, I have quite a few nice high XP units in this game. Will post them later when I have the chance. I think my highest was a machine gun reaching nearly 300XP, but that was a different game (too bad MGs can't have combat promotions anymore... )

Comment

Opps, slipped on the decimal point. Yes you are correct.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I've certainly posted this in a brag thread before.
        Attached Files

Comment

How the heck do you get the large XP amounts I usually top at like 65 max amount but I usually just add the generals to the city on my last one I had two cities that produced a unit like say a mech inf in one turn and started with an xp of 19 which was on monarch and on longest setting

Comment

Originally posted by wodan11

You only retreat when you otherwise would lose the battle (and die). In such a case, you don't have enough health to attack again. So I don't quite understand your tactic here... can you please explain what I'm missing?
            Your second sentence is incorrect. The unit can attack again after retreating, no matter how low its health is (the unit retains whatever HP it would have lost in the "kill shot" if it retreats, so HP, and therefore health will always be non-zero after a retreat). So the unit posted can attack four times (with Blitz and Morale) and retreat four times in a single turn. Granted, if the first attack ends in retreat, the unit probably doesn't have enough health to do damage on the next three attacks, but the purpose of following up is more generating XP than damaging the enemy that turn.
            Last edited by Solomwi; July 5, 2008, 23:28.
            Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

You only get 1 point for attack and retreat and after the attack the unit is almost dead won't your enemy kill you off the next attack unless you had 100% retreat

Comment

Originally posted by mrp
                You only get 1 point for attack and retreat and after the attack the unit is almost dead won't your enemy kill you off the next attack unless you had 100% retreat
                As I said in my first post, I did have 100% retreat. As for the one point, I was getting two base points for retreating, which may be specific to the mod, and that mod has an extra +50% XP promotion available plus +50% XP from the great leader, bringing the total to +200%, which means each of those retreats was worth six points.

Comment

yeah well they changed it There are no light cavalry and Imperial units have 11 or 12 strength rating. I for one like to stick the generals in the city. I have 3 city that make units at 18 xp. all with high production and military academies. Initially I did put two generals on the two imperial units. What about make a general at a city that gets attack alot. So basically you have to attack with those high risk encounters. I usually just top out at the 65 rating right now I have like all the minor nations gone max is a 37 xp.

Comment

Yep My Imperial cavalry retreated and got 4 Xp and it has the gain xp ability. This one just reach the 50 Xp level

Comment

Originally posted by mrp
                      yeah well they changed it There are no light cavalry and Imperial units have 11 or 12 strength rating. I for one like to stick the generals in the city. I have 3 city that make units at 18 xp. all with high production and military academies. Initially I did put two generals on the two imperial units. What about make a general at a city that gets attack alot. So basically you have to attack with those high risk encounters. I usually just top out at the 65 rating right now I have like all the minor nations gone max is a 37 xp.
                      Is this AlazkanAssassin's scenario? I haven't seen an update for it, and what you're saying sounds like a substantial change from the one I know. For one thing, in the one I'm referring to, a strength of 11/12 would be easily the weakest unit in the game. Recruits and conscripts are strength 14.

Comment

Mine is the Paasky Scenario so that would explan the difference in strength

Comment

Working...
                        X