No announcement yet.

Yet another start thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's not great for a capital, no. The problem is not the ultimate amount - +5, +10 irrigated - but that it's spread across 5 tiles. You'd rather have that in two tiles - a pair of irrigated corns gets you close, after all - as it takes less work to develop them and less population, faster growth, and then the other folks can work elsewhere.

Given that most caps start with a pair of food resources on average, this is not a good capital start. It's a GREAT non-capital, though.
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

No, but that does sound like a poor hammer site. 5 FPs (cottaged, mmmm) is nice. One would have to whip to build things *other* than workers and settlers.

Occasionally I get a start that has a ton of FPs - not just the start spot, but several cities sites around it. I get all excited. Then I play for a while and get my ass kicked, b/c all the tech in the world can't help me if I don't have any hammer production in my empire. Yay I have macemen, but they have 5 axemen per. The end.

-Arrian
      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Moved settler west to plains hill, took too turns to get there but it gives a 2 food capital with 2 flood plains. And freed up the 5 fp and silks coastal site for the second city.

Normal speed, Prince, turn 100, not going to play it along any more as I just did it as a quick break from revision (revising for 12 hour straight hurts). Captured Jewish Shrine and the Hindu Shrine, need to play defensive on the Hindu shrine after a bit of bad luck. At least, until you build about 20 chariots and 5 HA, which will kill the last English city and let you build up and win via SS or keep on chugging along to Domination/conquest.

Other people can play it out from here if they want or have a look. Won't likely be able to answer any questions from now until saturday as I have 4 exams, 2 of which I hven't revised for yet...
        Attached Files
        You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Working...
        X