No announcement yet.

Firaxis Needs Testers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can base 8 planes in a city with an airport. I think you also can base 4 air units in a fort(?)

Looks like they've stopped looking for testers, so this should be untopped.
    No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
    "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

The air unit limit is intended to weaken air units, which are clearly far too powerful I don't necessarily think it's the best solution, but it certainly does accomplish limiting their power
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Just build forts and base your air units in them.
        I'm consitently stupid- Japher
        I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by Theben
          Just build forts and base your air units in them.
          Exactly, which is what i do, which is why i said the limit is stupid, it just causes you a little more headaches having to build the forts in the first place, but i still always manage to bring to bear massive air power.

Civ4 and BTS in particular have tried to sanitise warfare too far !

Never mind forts why have'nt we got airbases ?!
          A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisiusMaximus

Exactly, which is what i do, which is why i said the limit is stupid, it just causes you a little more headaches having to build the forts in the first place, but i still always manage to bring to bear massive air power.

Civ4 and BTS in particular have tried to sanitise warfare too far !

Never mind forts why have'nt we got airbases ?!
            Why do you need airbases when you have forts that can give you both basing options and defensive bonuses?
            "The nation that controls magnesium controls the universe."

-Matt Groenig

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
              So are those AIs your vassals?
              Nope not a vassal. Just an open border agreement.

Maybe he had an airport, raising the limit to 8. Though you'd expect that would work for his units, not mine. Anyway I don't think he had flight already.

I wonder, does that mean he can't build air units of his own there, because mine are in the way? That'd be a nice exploit!
              Last edited by Diadem; May 29, 2008, 15:30.

Comment

Originally posted by jkp1187

Why do you need airbases when you have forts that can give you both basing options and defensive bonuses?
                As well as base ships and creat canals. It's just more tile upgrades, and needless ones to boot.
                I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

The argument went that Forts were crap, and hardly ever used, so there were given boni. I suggested allowing them to base place because in MP that meant splitting your army and making it easier to capture cities and win the game if your opponent used too much air power (otherwise a single unit could kill alot of air units). I only suggested this as a saving measure (because if it wasn't included then there would be a masimum about of air units one could use at any time).
                  You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Ass to needless tile upgrade, when they start coding civ five, I hope that the foraxis testers consider taking ONE thing from MoO3, allowing colonies to grow into cities. Make these forts cities, allow them some, all, whatever, of the boni from the current forts. Balance them, let them grow inot cities etc.
                    You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by Krill
                      As to needless tile upgrade, when they start coding civ five, I hope that the firaxis testers consider taking ONE thing from MoO3, allowing colonies to grow into cities. Make these forts cities, allow them some, all, whatever, of the boni from the current forts. Balance them, let them grow into cities etc.
                      Not sure how this would work. MOO 3 was too much of a good thing, became very tedious rapidly, so I am not sure how "colonies" compare to forts. Forts give benefits but sacrifice productive possibilities on the tile chosen.
                      No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                      "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Working...
                      X