No announcement yet.

Leaders: Personality vs. Traits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It' doesn't have to be, that's the point. You can pick that if you want to.

ACK!
    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

It might be nice to periodically "elect" a new leader with different traits, or stage a coup d'etat for a militaristic leader.
      And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

I liked how Tropico handled leadership bonuses. The things that you could pick for El Presidente that affected what bonuses and penalties you got where how he rose to power, his background, his positive qualities and his flaws.

Flaws would probably be a touchy subject, especially for beloved leaders, but breaking the trait bonuses up into a leader's background like that could potentially be very interesting and allow for more unique bonus combinations.

Comment

If we're talking CivV, we could always muddy the waters even more, and assign traits to both the Civ and the Leader. Romans can always be Imperialistic, Caesar du Jour can add whatever other trait(s) on top of that, say.

If all civs could be given at least two leaders, then you could allow switches during the game (with probably a lengthy revolution). That could add some flavor.

Comment

Working...
          X