No announcement yet.

Playing it differently from 4000BC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got one coming that shows my blockage city, home of Judaism. Kind of a worthless town until I can get ironworking and clean out the jungle, get the gems. Then it will be hot stuff. Keeps the Koreans at bay. They've adopted Judaism. It's ready...

Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

The western ocean, filled with dragons and sea monsters in wait for the unwary. The islands are dry, parched as my intrepid sailors with naught to drink but month old kegs of water alive with every sort of vile swimming thing. That and old maggoty bread their only sustenance but faith. Beyond lay the land O the Americans and at the known world's border with the black lands lay the far country of the Celts. A Roman warrior far from home, missing his fair country, scouts the lands of the Celts with the permittion of their just ruler, a Queen fairly, but not overly, racked up. I seek where the world might end, or where life might flow abundant in springs of youth eternal, or someone not yet known to trade the fine goods of Rome to for mysteries unimagined...wealth undreampt...

Share these maps with noone on pain of death!

Comment

Pigs! I think they're prolly about to attack!

I thought some sheep were going to attack last week but it was just a social call. Turned out ok, got 'animal husbandry' from it.

Comment

Come and get me coppers! (2) You'll never take me alive! (Plus a horse)

Comment

The Far West. My warrior has run out the narrow strip of land which the Celts are slowly filling in. The French grabbed the very end of the land, the most western point where iron is. My way never turned south as I was hoping since much of the map must lie in that direction. My warrior is stuck now between the Celts and French niether of which I have a current OB with. My guy now waits upon a much hoped for passing ship to meet other civs. A vain hope as yet.

Comment

Ha! A fishing boat just sailed up to my warrior the turn after I posted the scrnsht. A Mansa Musa fishing boat!

Comment

City placement dilemma. If I put a city on the desert hill where my warrior is keepin the lights on I achieve passage from east to west (I like that), get the iron within the city area, but miss the clam to the east. If I get the clam, well that's food, but I miss everything else... Which would you do?

Comment

your screenshots are trippin'
                  Order of the Fly
                  Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Yeah, I'm saving over shots from a previous game ant they show round the edges

So AAHZ, where would you put the city?

Comment

id have to see a wider view of your whole area first.
                      Order of the Fly

Comment

Comment

That's wierd. I didn't save over one that time and it still has a double image.

Comment

Looking at this, I really have to make the passage and get the iron. Not making the passage would be like Carter giving away the Panama Canal! Worse! Plus the iron is just too many hammers to pass up. I can use those hammers to build a granary and make up the lost food.

Comment

actually i would worker-spam like the game is about to get crazy. All new cities will do is land-grab, something i do not think you can defend if attacked at any rate. get iron-working if not already and chop all that jungle and put cottages everywhere.

wrt any new cities build a huge army and kill korea to your south.

EDIT- just saw the iron.. thats important too. time is a factor in early kills however, and Korea really needs to fall for you to win.
                              Order of the Fly

Comment

But...but...they're n i c e to me.

I'm chopping jungle like crazy, building workers too, and if the Koreans ever try anything funny, I'll do em.

Comment

Working...
                                X