Protective Trait = Archer Rush Is Back.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jbp26
    upgrading archers to infantry, and really most upgrades, are prohibatively expensive. its much cheaper to just build new units, unless you're really in a bind. all that money you spent upgrading them would have been better spent buying infrastructure, techs, or research. its too late in the game to make a real bid for domination, so i would say your only real chance in this position would be space race.
    It depends on a lot of things. The ability to upgrade ancient units means you can suddenly "create" an army, anywhere, on any front, in an instant. It is expensive, but if it helps you win a war more quickly and get less turns of WW, or if it helps you save a city, it's definatly worth it.

Personally, I tend to think that one key factor when I get a new tech the guy I'm at war with dosn't have yet is how long I'm ahead of the guy. If I get infantry 20 turns before the AI does, I don't want to spend the first 8 of them trying to build infantry, and even then only have 2 or 3 of them; I want to have a bunch of rifles on hand I can instantly turn into infantry so I can run rampent over HIS rifles for the full 20 turns, and in fact I usually drop my tech down after getting the infantry tech just so I can upgrade my rifles faster.

Comment

Last edited by ZEE; December 31, 2010, 05:48.
      Order of the Fly
      Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

[SIZE=1] Originally posted by AAHZ

Where to go from here. Note the tech i am researching. Possible space race. Possible war with the Khmer, but that will prove more difficult. He is the large blue empire next to my Vassel of Charlegmagne.

I can still win this game if i play my hand right. I will also never go back to Noble Level again. I am up to Prince for good. Great feeling!
        pieceâ„¢
        I'd suggest you focus on space now. You won't conquer or dominate from here and I'd guess diplomatic and culture are non starters if you were start thinking about them now.

Keep your army for defence, or, if one of the major powers already hates you see if you can take out a couple of his mature cities to knock him back a few steps.
        www.neo-geo.com

Comment

Working...
        X