Wonders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wonders

I seldom build wonders. But in several threads I see where many people are "Wonder Addicts".

Has anyone ever managed to build ALL of the wonders in a single game?

If not, what is the most wonders you have managed to build in a single game?

What leader/traits? What difficulty?
    And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

What's the point? Depending on what VC you're going for, some wonders aren't only not useful, they are counter productive.

Wodan

Comment

Originally posted by wodan11
      What's the point? Depending on what VC you're going for, some wonders aren't only not useful, they are counter productive.

Wodan
      I agree. But I am quite curious to see if anyone has actually built most, if not all the wonders.
      And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

Same here.

Wonders are counter productive sometimes... Agreed. But they are so... Wonderful!
        And we can see the movies, also...
        RIAA sucks
        The Optimistas
        I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

Hmm, it would probably be possible and quite easy to build most, if not all wonders on low(est) difficulty levels.

Comment

Check back here:

In early November to see some interesting reports on attempts to build as many wonders as possible at monarch. Game reports will be in the forums - just follow the links...

Comment

Originally posted by JulianD
              Hmm, it would probably be possible and quite easy to build most, if not all wonders on low(est) difficulty levels.
              Have you ever tried? I know some leaders emphasize wonders (Asoka, Cyrus, Gilgamesh), and some never seem to build any (Monty, Sitting Bull).

Comment

Even on the low levels, there are so many early wonders that it would be difficult to get ALL of them.
                Keep on Civin'
                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

The best I've done is doing a production SE... every city is a production city, specifically sited where food resources permit 2 scientists per city (and only 2) early game. Pyramids are critical so you must beeline and chop them.

Anyway, what it permits is to run 2 scientists even in production cities, and by the way every city is a production city, and every city can make an early wonder or two no problem.

Wodan

Comment

I only have vanilla and I think I got them all as the Chinese when I had marble and stone near. But with all the new early wonders in the expansions...
                    Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

I think they purposefully made the game so that you can't get them all.

Wodan

Comment

You can always get them all. Some you just have to take.
                        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah
                          You can always get them all. Some you just have to take.
                          Yeah, but can anybody build them all?

Comment

It was never in my best interest so I've never tried.

But agreed, prior to BTS it was probably possible. I don't think it is anymore since there are so many.
                            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Maybe we should ask deity dude?
                              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Working...
                              X