No announcement yet.

Build barracks later - Most of the time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An interesting exercise might be to consider those circumstances where you would prefer N units to N-1 promoted units.

My hunch is that finding an example where you would prefer one promoted axe over two unpromoted axe is going to be a challenge.

But if you need to take a city from two archers (50% city bonus, 25% fortify bonus, no promotions, no culture), I believe you'd rather have two promoted axes (which have a minimum 25% chance of success) than three of the other (which I'm fairly certain is lower than that, as unpromoted axe vs archer is something like 28%).

Comment

Originally posted by wodan11
      Chariots only get their bonus when attacking, not defending

Wodan
      Yes, an all chariot attack would be advantageous against an all axman defense. Once I have a decent melee attack, I often add a mounted force to take care of that possibility.

Comment

Originally posted by realpolitic

Yes, an all chariot attack would be advantageous against an all axman defense. Once I have a decent melee attack, I often add a mounted force to take care of that possibility.
        In MP, that works, as long as he can't see your cities and realize what you're doing. Against AI, they almost always have combined force defense, so all that is necessary is to pick your best unit and spam it.

Wodan

Comment

Working...
        X