No announcement yet.

BtS unofficial patch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solver - excellent work on everything. I do want to point out a potential issue no one else has brought up.

This come from QT3

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DaleKent
    This patch here might be of interest for you then. Has the corp maint fix (or more correctly, the inflation fix):

Glorious success! For a small civ with six cities, the maintenance cost of my own corporate branches is now lower than the total gold I get from them, so spreading your own corporations around your own cities now creates a net profit. Expenses for foreign branches are no longer crippling, either, though I didn't have as much opportunity to check that out.

However, the worker AI in that patch is sadly broken. I had automated workers shuffle around between two adjacent tiles, doing nothing productive at all, right at the start of the game.

Comment

• Thanks for the note. I don't suppose it's a problem with my patch, I haven't touched any code remotely related to the Worker AI. It might be the user's particular game triggering whatever makes auto-Workers go crazy.
      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

• Something I noticed in Broken Star scenario:
        One of the AI was constantly making cottages and then turning them to farms, then back to cottages, over and over.

Comment

• Well, it is, after all, Broken Star...

Comment

• Well, that scenatio has some other AI issues, but those are related to specific rules from those scenarios (unit/promotion buying, AI unability to focus on rebels, etc...) , so I don't want to clutter this thread about them.

Comment

• Re: BtS AI - minor update

Solver, I have a slight concern, and wanted to see what you thought.

The following changes seem obviously a good idea. i.e., they're objective changes.

Originally posted by Solver
              Here's a minor update to the BtS AI, and some minorish fixes.

Changes:

* Fixing a possible infinite loop problem with unit movement.
              * "Dead unitgroup walking" crash fix as per Dale
              * No-conscript colony crash fix as per Gyathaar
              * Another colony crash fix as per myself
              * Fixed the bug allowing Forts in foreign territory, which would result in Forts overrunning useful rival improvements.
              * Poison Water and Ferment Unhappiness missions changed for non-Normal speeds. Only the duration scales now, not the effect. So on Marathon, it will be -8 happy for 24 turns, not -24 happy for 24 turns.
              * Added possible workaround for a crash bug.
              * Fixed an infinite loop problem with city attackers (thanks Gyathaar)
              The following, however, seem subjective changes. In particular, if they don't show up in the next patch then we'll be playing with (and get used to) an environment that won't last. (Part of the fun of the game, of course, being the challenge of improving your skills and getting better the more you play.)

* AI now more likely to promote siege units with Accuracy to better handle the changes to bombardment in BtS
              * AI understanding of what is an "early Wonder" now correct for non-Normal game speeds.
              * AI civs that are close to reaching a Domination victory recognize that and are more likely to declare war, in particular with Aggressive AI.
              * AIs close to domination population will have a high priority for health buildings in cities that are unhealthy.
              * AIs close to domination population will put a high priority on researching Genetics and will like other health techs better.
              * The AI will be less reluctant to raze cities that have its state religion if it doesn't have the shrine for that religion.
              * Corporation maintenance is now exempt from inflation, so the costs don't blow up so much.
              See what I mean? Unless you have inside scoop (which is very possible) that these changes ARE going to be in the next patch... ?

Wodan
              Last edited by wodan11; August 3, 2007, 12:34.

Comment

• Blake is the AI man, and he has agreed that these changes to the AI are fine. So, they'll quite likely be in the next official AI update, besides, everyone wants a better AI.

The system with corporation maintenance and inflation will be changed in the next patch. I can not promise you that the official patch's adjustment to corporation maintenance will be 100% the same as mine, but I can promise you that the system currently is my patch is closer to the system that will be in the official patch than the "unfixed" game.

Comment

• awesome.

Comment

• Good enough for me. Thanks!

Wodan

Comment

• Re: BtS AI - minor update

If you want a fix to the Military Academy bug, download the next file and place it into Assets\Units (again, preferably back up the original).
                      Don't you mean Assets\XML\Units?

Wodan

Comment

• Yes

Comment

• I haven't noticed any worker problems with solver's mod...

Comment

• Also, this might not be right but it seems like the AI on epic will now get a lot more early wonders.

Comment

• Isn't that a good thing?

Comment

• Does Blake know about the automated worker issues, or is it worth looking into still?
                                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Working...
                                X