No announcement yet.

New: Warlords patch v2.13, Civ4 Vanilla patch v1.74

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stupid question, but did you try a total new install, just over the current version (which you apparantly can't remove)?
    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Yes I got it to uninstall by the system restore method, I had made a restore point prior. Second patch installs did the same thing, error 1706 : no valid source.....
      Also did a full destructive recovery of the entire PC, same result.

I'm learning lots of uninstall methods. Found two other ways to uninstall it also, I now have 4 alternate uninstall methods!

Other people on this forum and the Civfanatics said to ignore Error and just install the update anyway. It will install to the point where it thinks it is updated and BTS will install but I am not sure if gameplay won't be messed up.

But I did see (user name) "Petek" on this forum offer a complicated registry adjustment fix when this happened to someone adding a diferent patch, I think 1.09 patch. They used a whole notpad page full of registry adjustments not just a key or two. Lots of other peeps have this Error 1706 issue too. I did the DirectX updates and the driver updates prior to install of the 1.74 patch also.

I probably would not even bother with the update for Vanilla Civ 4 play only but I need 1.74 patch to play Beyond the Sword.

Comment

Working...
      X