No announcement yet.

New: Warlords patch v2.13, Civ4 Vanilla patch v1.74

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i have actually noticed a big difference already, if indeed Blake's AI IS in this new patch. I am actually doing good on Prince level on settings/maps that i normally struggle. I approve of Blakes AI, if only to make the game actually playable for me again.

on the other hand it could be just blind luck that I am doing so good.

pieceâ„¢
    Order of the Fly
    Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

I just installed the patch. I have Vista and need a DX9 element?
      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

And why on Earth can't MS get their download to work??? I used the link given above and got to the download the DX patch. Suddenly, in the middle of the installation, there is no file to download? And redownloading gives me an error page saying MS can't find my request or something?
        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

It seems to work to complain, after a couple more tries the download suddenly were there again.

Comment

I first installed the DX10 update from Microsoft. Then I tried to install the patch and I get a message telling me that Warlords is not installed on my computer.

It is.

Any (polite) suggestions as to what I should do next? Any help would be appreciated.
            A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man which he proposes to pay off with your money.

Comment

Dx10 is for Vista.

For XP is Dx9 from Jun2007.

Best regards,

Comment

Originally posted by Hercules
                Got the patches and Directx update to work at last. When you find it

It is the directx_ jun2007-redist.exe that works. It is the 55MB size one.

I saved it to Window system directory and then went there and found DXSETUP.exe. and clicked.

Forget about April2007.
                Actually, when you extract the files from June, the files are all April 2007 files. Go figure.

Comment

Originally posted by khines
                  I first installed the DX10 update from Microsoft. Then I tried to install the patch and I get a message telling me that Warlords is not installed on my computer.

It is.

Any (polite) suggestions as to what I should do next? Any help would be appreciated.
                  Reinstall Warlords. Sounds like your install got corrupted.

Wodan

Comment

Originally posted by khines

It is.

Same here. WTF??????????
                    RIAA sucks
                    The Optimistas
                    I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

And my vanilla Civ IV doesn't work anymore, also... And I didn't patched it!

WTF?
                      RIAA sucks
                      The Optimistas

Comment

Firaxis, shame on you.
                        RIAA sucks
                        The Optimistas

Comment

Doesn't seem like Firaxis' fault to me.

Comment

It sounds like a Direct X problem. RU sure you downloaded the right DX version? (10 is for Vista, 9 is for XP)

Comment

Ah, but it is! There's no warning! If the game patch doesn't work without the new direct X (9.0 c or something), I should be informed, shouldn't I?... They should say something... As a result, I have to install BOTH games now... I hope it works.
                              RIAA sucks
                              The Optimistas

Comment

I had the issue, I did not have to reinstall the game, just the direct x patch.

You're right, they should give you a heads up on the DX issue.

Comment

Working...
                                X