Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kinda fixed...

Originally posted by blehmann
    Turns out that updating my DirectX worked. I was at 9.0c, and am now still at 9.0c, but it's now a later version.

Also, all my preferences have been erased. Graphics, audio, options, all gone.

All in all, not the slickest of patches that I've seen.

- Brian Q.

QFT
    On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Why are 'changes' listed that were already in force?

Comment

At last it's out! I thought they've never come to it.
        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
          Why are 'changes' listed that were already in force?
          Ay, Kublai/Qin and Stalin's music thingy have been around for ages... (Others too, I presume.)

Well, for a patch, anyhood.
          I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

I guess it goes without saying that we should remove BetterHandicaps and all that when we upgrade?

Wodan

Comment

I think that you might have to reinstall them, probably don't have to uninstall them first.

DrSpike, I think that is a cumulative change log. I don't think 1.74/2.13 is changing nearly that much, but I couldn't say exactly how much.
              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

On the vanilla list, everything from the word "Changes" on down is from the v1.61 Readme file. Looks like they just lost the heading.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
                  DrSpike, I think that is a cumulative change log. I don't think 1.74/2.13 is changing nearly that much, but I couldn't say exactly how much.
                  It would appear so, which is pretty irritating. I don't want to be suspicious but it kinda looks like they've dropped the usual patch reporting conventions in order to make it seem like owners of the older games are getting an update for free.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
                    I think that you might have to reinstall them, probably don't have to uninstall them first.
                    I'm saying why would you want them at all, because the same AI improvements (from BetterAI and BetterHandicaps) are built into BtS and the new Warlords patch, actually, we can assume that Blake improved on the last version of his mods for the official release.

So it makes no sense to "reinstall" BetterAI if you have the Warlords patch and/or BtS installed. This is like going backwards... installing a worse version of the AI.

Wodan

Comment

Well unless you've seen a post to the contrary from Blake it seems a bit of a leap to assume that all of his improvements made it into BtS.

My guess would be that Firaxis would be concerned about making the game too hard, so some of the improvements (those not offset by the reduced AI bonuses) would have been held back.

Comment

Blake, has your improved AI made it into these Warlords/Vanilla patches to any great extent??

I'm playing a W2.13 game (still waiting for BtS).

Comment

Got the patches and Directx update to work at last. When you find it

It is the directx_ jun2007_redist.exe that works. It is the 55MB size one.

I saved it to Window system directory and then went there and found DXSETUP.exe. and clicked.

Forget about April2007.
                          Last edited by Hercules; July 23, 2007, 08:27.
                          On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
                            Well unless you've seen a post to the contrary from Blake it seems a bit of a leap to assume that all of his improvements made it into BtS.

My guess would be that Firaxis would be concerned about making the game too hard, so some of the improvements (those not offset by the reduced AI bonuses) would have been held back.
                            Yes but unless I totally misunderstand how the CustomAssets works, then I believe you have to make a choice: either BetterAI, or Warlords 2.13. If you install both, you are going to be running the BetterAI routines.

Wodan

Comment

Well I don't want to be ungenerous but that does not seem to be your argument in your previous post.

Originally posted by wodan11

I'm saying why would you want them at all, because the same AI improvements (from BetterAI and BetterHandicaps) are built into BtS and the new Warlords patch, actually, we can assume that Blake improved on the last version of his mods for the official release.

So it makes no sense to "reinstall" BetterAI if you have the Warlords patch and/or BtS installed. This is like going backwards... installing a worse version of the AI.

Wodan

Comment

Some of Blake's improvements made it into Warlords 2.08, actually...
                                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Working...
                                X