Third XP: Yay or Nay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't mind another expansion if these two conditions are met:

1) No more gameplay changes for the "regular" patches. Patches that improve performance (i.e. close memory leaks, improved interface, etc) are fine. Patches that change gameplay tend to confuse and annoy me, and adding a whole new expansion to the mix will just further confuse me and end up annoying me.

2) It adds compelling content. Warlords wasn't really too exciting save for some extra war options. I like the *ideas* pitched by BTS - such as corporations and espionage - but frankly I was more excited by the scenarios, especially the one where weather was such an important factor in the game (The Age of Ice). Another "meh" expansion (nice but not great) just isn't gonna cut it.

Comment

• How often do we have to say it? SMAC's rights belong to EA, Firaxis can't make a SMAC2. (Yes, hypothetically EA might buy up Take-Two but that (a) is *etremely* hypthetical and (b) assumes EA would rather see a SMAC2 than more Civ content which considering their recent use of the SMAC license doesn't seem terribly likely; either way, companies generally don't start projects based on hypothetical assumptions and you can rest assured that Firaxis's next projects are already well into the planning stages, whatever they might be).
      Er, EA could just contract with firaxis to make SMAC2. EA publishes, Firaxis develops.

Just like they contracted with Tilted Mill to make Simcity Societies.

Comment

• EA could contract with Firaxis, which is a part of one of EA's competitors, TakeTwo??

Comment

• They could license away the rights to the SMAC name, sure. If Firaxis is willing to pay the license fee and develop the game, EA would probably be all for it, since they don't seem to have any use for SMAC.

Comment

• I'd buy just about anything in the Civ franchise for PC, provided it lived up to the legacy of the series.
            The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
            "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
            "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
            The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

• Originally posted by Zinegata
              I don't mind another expansion if these two conditions are met:

1) No more gameplay changes for the "regular" patches. Patches that improve performance (i.e. close memory leaks, improved interface, etc) are fine. Patches that change gameplay tend to confuse and annoy me, and adding a whole new expansion to the mix will just further confuse me and end up annoying me.
              So.... you'd rather that gameplay be left broken?

Wodan

Comment

• I would say that BtS is the last installment for CivIV.

Next up: CivV
                "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

• Originally posted by Wittlich
                  I would say that BtS is the last installment for CivIV.

Next up: CivV
                  CivR
                  USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
                  The video may avatar is from

Comment

• Awww, Willy - There is always the hope for a new!
                    "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                    "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

• Originally posted by Wittlich
                      Awww, Willy
                      I have to request that that never be spoken or typed again
                      Last edited by Will9; July 19, 2007, 01:38.
                      USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
                      The video may avatar is from

Comment

• Originally posted by Will9

I have to request that that never be spoken or typed again
                        If masculinety identity is an issue, or if there are other issues; then I would suggest that you change your handle from "Will9" - since what I called you would be the first nickname they will call you by.

And just because I've suddenly got the feeling:

Sorry Will9 - to easy of a bait - whoever you are.

Comment

• civ4 was a succes, as far as I can see.
                          Both commercially as 'technically'.
                          I don't see why they wouldn't create a civ5.
                          Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                          Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Working...
                          X