No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL BtS Release date & Box Cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought I was quite late getting a DVD drive but it was still long before I ever bought any software on it...
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
      I thought I was quite late getting a DVD drive but it was still long before I ever bought any software on it...
      If a program comes on only one or two CDs, there isn't a big need for a DVD version. But when you have games that come on four or more CDs, that is where you have more of a demand for the title to be offered on DVD, with a CD version available for those who need it.

If you look at the games you have purchased in the past two years, how many came on even 3 CDs?

I do find it strange that there would be ANY computers sold in the past four years that didn't come with at least a DVD reader in them. Seriously, the price of a DVD-ROM is VERY VERY cheap at this point, to the point where there isn't a good reason to buy one when you can get a DVD-ROM/CD-RW combo drive for the same price, and for $5 more you can get a DVD-RW/CD-RW drive.

Comment

I think Medieval 2:Total War was 4 CDs and I was really wishing it was on DVD while I was loading it.

But now that we are going to get GDRs I am really excited!

Comment

Originally posted by Targonis

If you look at the games you have purchased in the past two years, how many came on even 3 CDs?
          The Sims 2 was on 4 CDs.

/me runs away... fast

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Comment

Europe behind on the USA in pc's and dvd players????
            Well, some parts of Europe, probably, but not the western european nations.

I think that we, overhere in The Netherlands, are ahead of the USA in terms of internet, broadband, DVD players, etc.

And I think that these western european states are the major civ/game market of Europe anyway. (France, UK, Germany, Benelux, scandinavia, etc.)
            Formerly known as "CyberShy"
            Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

I hope the sign on the spy's case is an indication that nuclear terrorism (ala Civ2) will be possible again.
              I'm not buying BtS until Firaxis impliments the "contiguous cultural border negates colony tax" concept.

Comment

Me too.

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                More importantly, I see a nuclear terrorist on the box. Finally getting over 9/11?

Comment

I don't know about nuclear, but the spies can now poison water supplies again. That's a biohazard symbol, I believe...

Comment

No, it's definitely nuclear.
                    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Nope, it is definitely a radioactive symbol on that case. Of course, he could be poisoning with Polonium-210...perhaps it is a new ability only available to the Russians
                      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I think it's the publisher's call rather than Firaxis on what media to release the game in.
                        1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                        Templar Science Minister
                        AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

One only needs to put in one CD for the copywrite protection . Games these days load all their stuff from the hard drive anyway. One only needs the other CD's to install the game. It is not a big deal if it is under 10 CD's-- with a special case for the copywrite protection CD. You can put the others in a closet.
                          “...This means GCA won 7 battles against our units, had Horsemen retreat from 2 battles against NMs, and lost 0 battles.” --Jon Shafer 1st ISDG

Comment

Originally posted by MJW
                            One only needs to put in one CD for the copywrite protection . Games these days load all their stuff from the hard drive anyway. One only needs the other CD's to install the game. It is not a big deal if it is under 10 CD's-- with a special case for the copywrite protection CD. You can put the others in a closet.
                            And risk possibly loosing them by the time you need to reinstall? DVD's are definitely more practical, believe me.
                            I'm not buying BtS until Firaxis impliments the "contiguous cultural border negates colony tax" concept.

Comment

1 dvd is easier to lose than 3 CD's.
                              “...This means GCA won 7 battles against our units, had Horsemen retreat from 2 battles against NMs, and lost 0 battles.” --Jon Shafer 1st ISDG

Comment

But losing one cd has the same effect as losing one dvd, you wont be able install anyway
                                This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Working...
                                X