Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Do You Come Here? Have You Ever Played Civ4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Do You Come Here? Have You Ever Played Civ4?

The thread subject pretty much says it all. What is it that brings you here to Apolyton? Have you ever played Civ4?

Personally, I came here for the scoop on Civ3 before it came out, then left for a while when it disappointed me, and came back for Civ4.
    Civilization IV
    36.46%
    Civilization III
    18.75%
    Civilization II
    14.58%
    Civilization I (Diehard)
    5.73%
    Call to Power (Or other non-Sid Civ)
    8.33%
    Some Other Game
    8.33%
    Just the OT Banter, Really (Bananas)
    7.81%
    The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
    "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
    "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
    The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

I came for Warlords.
    USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
    The video may avatar is from

Comment

IIRC I came here shortly after Civ 3 was announced, and so far I've played all Civ games (Civ1-4, Ctp1-2 and SMAC)
      This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

I used to be pretty active in the Civ2 fora. I post occasionally in the Civ4 fora, but I'm still learning that game.

The OT is a waste of time. Almost as big a waste of time as CTP was. I liked Civ1, but stopped playing it before there was an internet worthy of the name.
        "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
        "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

i came to 'Poly during the Civ2 days... been stuck here ever since.

but in teh truthness i mostly "waste my time" at the OT now. Reasons being Civ4 has proven to me how much i needs to works on my "game," i get majorly frustrated, and i love the community there at the OT. Dont get me wrong i still do, and will continue, to play Civ4, and Civ5 when its released, etc... HOWEVER Civ not as much fun to me anymore at is once was. Probably, mostly, for the reasons i stated above that the game is just so much harder for me now, and im having a terrible time adapting to the new concepts and rules. End of rant.
          One more thing... 'Poly is my home!
          piece
          Order of the Fly
          Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

now civ IV; at the begin civ III.

Best regards,

Comment

I came here for civ 2, but spend most of my time in the OT. The civ 4 forums are probably the only on-topic forums I even browse these days, let alone post in.
              ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Civ II, I visited the Ultimate Civilization Site before the merger, and came to Poly after that.
                Nobody can vote CIV 1, because poly didn't exist at that time, and the internet hardly existed in the current way.
                Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

They could still have come here to discuss it, you don't know.
                  ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Hmm.. making a poll in General Civ4 forums might skew the results a little bit, don't you think?!

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Comment

this should be in off topic

of course I play civ4, I wouldn't be in the civ4 forums unless I did (though I was here when the game first came out to see if the game was any good or not)

And OT banter is not bananas.

Comment

SMAC brought me to Apolyton.
                        Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

OT!
                          i actually bought civ4. only it wasn't civ4. it was the warlords expansion pack thing. so i still haven't played it yet. but i will eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by joncha
                            I came here for civ 2, but spend most of my time in the OT. The civ 4 forums are probably the only on-topic forums I even browse these days, let alone post in.
                            QFT

I actually don't own Civ IV and haven't played it.

Now with my new salary in place, I'm gonna upgrade my computer I guess, and buy BtS or something.

Speaking of which, I'd like to know if it won't work without me buying Civ IV vanilla, and Warlords too.

Comment

Came here for Civ III mainly, but also a bit of Civ II. Just started getting into it in January of 2002, which was shortly after Civ III came out.

Comment

Working...
                              X